Favorite Quotes?

"some people have taste and some people have money, tom ford has both" - adam rapoport, gq mag editor.

"an unpolished shoe is the first sign of an unpolished man" - some gq contributor

"if it's not love, it's not worth it" - jerry mcguire counsellor

quotes from last months GQ and fucking jerry mcguire. thanks for ruining the thread, jackass.

07235-4.jpg

quotes from last months GQ and fucking jerry mcguire. thanks for ruining the thread, jackass.

07235-4.jpg

they are my personal favourite quotes that i can remember. so what?

"if it's not love, it's not worth it" goes for alot of things, relationships, buying clothes, a car etc. lol whatever. i like it.

here's one for you. "remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everybody else." jackass.

they are my personal favourite quotes that i can remember. so what?

"if it's not love, it's not worth it" goes for alot of things, relationships, buying clothes, a car etc. lol whatever. i like it.

here's one for you. "remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everybody else." jackass.

I just fucking laughed aloud at the fact that one of your "personal favourite quotes" is that shit about Tom Ford. Ford's a fucking hack either way.

wikipedia it then.

u don't have to care about gucci today to know or appreciate how he revolutionized fashion in his time. i've no time to waste on sarcasm and don't care about changing anyone's minds here.

I saw no sarcasm in response to your quotes and tom ford.

wikipedia it then.

u don't have to care about gucci today to know or appreciate how he revolutionized fashion in his time. i've no time to waste on sarcasm and don't care about changing anyone's minds here.

Man up and quit assuming that this is a good way to back out an argument.

If you've got something to say about Tom Ford "revolution" then and say it, give us some examples, something concrete.

All I learned from Wikipedia is that he managed to turn around Gucci, which I already knew, which in my opinion has nothing to do with his talent as a designer and more to do with his talent as a marketer. Here's one of my new favorite quotes, from your Wikipedia:

"There are many more talented designers than me," he (Tom Ford) once told an audience at the V&A in London. "But I have a lot of drive and won't let it go." He also credits his "mainstream" appeal. "I'm lucky, I have mass-market tastes," he says. "When I say I like a shoe, generally thousands of people will like it. Thank God, because I would have been a very unhappy person if I hadn't had this kind of success."

If you're just going to pussyfoot around this shit, then yeah, we are done here.

Tom Ford is still a hack.

what's a hack anyway?

"Tom Ford has become the most influential designer of the last decade. In his first year at the helm, he was credited with putting the glamour back into fashion introducing Halston-style velvet hipsters, skinny satin shirts and car-finish metallic boots. Gucci became a byword for desirability, offering the most aspirational and hedonistic kind of fashion. By 1999, the house, which had been almost bankrupt when Ford joined, was valued at about $4.3 billion."

yea, the stuff u quoted, he's just being modest.

Anyone check out the Tom Ford store on Madison? Just wondering how it is...from the vaguely detailed pics i seen it seems like a continuation of where he left off at Gucci, plus a new MTM suiting service that starts at $5K a pop.

Interestingly enough, I read a blurb in Apple Daily about how Tom plans to collaborate with the Lane Crawford group and open 87 stores in the Asia Pacific region in the next few years.

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?

- Aesop Rock

who knows if this has been posted or not :|

• 1 month later...
Guest thesnow
Nathanial Hawthorne:

"no man for any considerable period can wear one face to himself-and another to multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true"

What's the matter, smartass? You don't know any fuckin' Shakespeare?

"You think you're gonna sail off

into the sunset, asshole? Think again." - Carlitos way

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JonasW

No Hunter S. Thompson quotes?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."

"Buy the ticket, take the ride."

then some Bukowsi..

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live."

• 4 months later...