Favorite Quotes?

this has probably been posted, but this scene is probably one of my favorite tv moments, and is one of my favorite quotes:

"He's saying that the past is always with us. Where we come from, what we go through, how we go thought it all this shit matters. Like at the end of the book, ya know, boats and tides and all. It's like you can change up, right, you can say your somebody new, you can give yourself a whole new story. But, what came first is who you really are and what happened before is what really happened. It don't matter that some fool say he different cuz the things that make you different is what you really do, what u really go through. Like, ya know, all those books in his library. He frontin with all them books, but if you pull one down off the shelf, none of the pages have ever been opened. He got all them books, and he hasn't read nearly one of them. Gatsby, he was who he was, and he did what he did. And cuz he wasn't willing to get real with the story, that shit caught up to him. That's what I think, anyway."

-D'Angelo Barksdale

Edited by mpcec

• 5 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by snahfu, January 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by snahfu, January 4, 2012 - No reason given

If life is so purposeless, do you feel its worth living?

Kubrick: Yes, for those who manage somehow to cope with our mortality. The very meaninglessness of life forces a man to create his own meaning. Children, of course, begin life with an untarnished sense of wonder, a capacity to experience total joy at something as simple as the greenness of a leaf; but as they grow older, the awareness of death and decay begins to impinge on their consciousness and subtly erode their joie de vivre (a keen enjoyment of living), their idealism - and their assumption of immortality.As a child matures, he sees death and pain everywhere about him, and begins to lose faith in the ultimate goodness of man. But if he’s reasonably strong - and lucky - he can emerge from this twilight of the soul into a rebirth of life’s élan (enthusiastic and assured vigour and liveliness).Both because of and in spite of his awareness of the meaninglessness of life, he can forge a fresh sense of purpose and affirmation. He may not recapture the same pure sense of wonder he was born with, but he can shape something far more enduring and sustaining.The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death - however mutable man may be able to make them - our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfilment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.

• 3 weeks later...

This age of information has hurt the race, and you know why? Because all we do is judge. All the movies, all the Internet, all we do is classify people. Even though, you know, we can fly, and cars and technology has gotten better, I feel the the human race is not progressed as much as we should be. How come the human race isn’t progressing as fast as technology has? Yeah, we gonna be staying on the moon, but there’s still gonna be races. So, in the end, are we really winning — these nuclear bombs, nuclear war? What’s going on? - Lil B

• 3 months later...

After 2 years this board is still full of the same problems - whining about women, talking about "new trends", bragging about doing drugs as if that's somehow really cool. Anti-evolution, eh sufu?

interesting, this board is made of human beings. interestingly, they've been bitching about new shit, women, and drugs for like literally 5000 years

why would shit change on the internet in 2 you absolute retard

and

polka dot - check

camo - check

military pants - check

nikes - check

congrats, you are on trend and 100% boring

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

only his well know stuff like the three musketeers, the count of monte cristo, and the man in the iron mask..

oh.. and to contribute to this thread

“Prosperity depends more on wanting what you have than having what you want.†~Geoffrey Abert

Then one day I impulsively moved into Manhattan with a friend of mine and killed my lease. I left everything at my old apartment except my clothes and just bought new furniture at the new place. A week after I moved in, I was standing on the rooftop drinking a beer and I realized, life is pretty fucking fantastic. Our perception of it might change from time to time, but life, just being alive is an amazing thing, and I'm in awe of it. It was like a cold snap, and then I was laughing.

"With death so near, Mother must have felt like

someone on the brink of freedom, ready to start life all over again. No one, no one in

the world had any right to weep for her. And I, too, felt ready to start life all over

again. It was as if that great rush of anger had washed me clean, emptied me of hope,

and, gazing up at the dark sky spangled with its signs and stars, for the first time, the

first, I laid my heart open to the benign indifference of the universe. To feel it so like

myself, indeed, so brotherly, made me realize that I’d been happy, and that I was

happy still. For all to be accomplished, for me to feel less lonely, all that remained to

hope was that on the day of my execution there should be a huge crowd of spectators

and that they should greet me with howls of execration."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...