385 replies to this topic

#1 dexter

dexter

bored

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • joined 06 april 04

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:51 AM

Hi guys.... need some help here. I am going to Osaka soon n was wondering where are the supershops that I have to visit. N I probably need the shopping areas as well. N decent hotels?
Thanx for the help1 :)

#2 chad

chad

superbored

• Pip
  • 224 posts
  • joined 12 october 03

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:00 AM

osaka is really great compared to tokyo. everyone is friendly, and people even make eye contact with you on the train!

for shopping, check out amerika-mura (america village) for all the osaka kids, umeda, shinsaibashi, and namba. all the regular shops are scattered around.

make sure you eat okonomiyake and tako-yaki. i am addicted to okonomiyake sauce.

for hotels, i just found business hotels in some of the interesting areas. easy to find.

and if you are going to osaka, make sure you make a day trip to kyoto. it really is stunning.

#3 sufu1

sufu1

superfuture1

• supergod
  • Pip
  • 487 posts
  • joined 12 october 03
  • style:futuristic
  • attitude:orthodox
  • denim:size 32

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:35 AM

we did these maps of osaka last year for osaka designers week...
minami-horie is where all the coolest stores are...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------
superslave1
http://superfuture.com

#4 dexter

dexter

bored

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • joined 06 april 04

Posted 14 April 2004 - 03:49 PM

hey, guys....
thank u so much for the really helpful info. I don't speak japanese or mandarin, so my question is do the train stations are written in english just like in tokyo? coz If they are only in kanji, i am dead! will have to take taxi all the time.

#5 chad

chad

superbored

• Pip
  • 224 posts
  • joined 12 october 03

Posted 14 April 2004 - 11:40 PM

english is everywhere.
osaka is easy to get around.... not as crazy as tokyo.
you could almost walk everywhere.

i like osaka.

#6 Ryan

Ryan

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,617 posts
  • joined 22 january 05

Posted 09 March 2005 - 03:16 PM

ill be there for a couple days at the end of may..need some suggestions as to where to stay while im there..max im looking to pay is ~125...most anythign is fine, business hotels, etc tia
wha?http://www.livejourn.../users/dorien/

#7 SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN

SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN

superbored

• Pip
  • 245 posts
  • joined 15 march 05

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:40 AM

i know TokyuHands is good-but thats way over by american village...you think dudes will let me flow a few out at Pachinko joints?
i already know the spots in tokyo-thanks
Its better to not say anything and appear to be the fool,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

#8 bobbyhundreds

bobbyhundreds

superbored

• Pip
  • 276 posts
  • joined 28 october 03

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:43 AM

just lean over the bridge in Doto-ombori and let the river have it.
If I know the Japanese, they'll turn their heads and pretend like nothing's happening...! haha
thehundreds is huge.
www.thehundreds.com

#9 aitsuka

aitsuka

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,258 posts
  • joined 13 march 05

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:24 AM

^^^^ ROFL!!!!!! JOKES!!!!!

yeah I agree the toilets (dump holes) in Japan are not that great. argh cockroachs I hate them, tickle my ass....
-don't hate, appreciate-
I want a dolphin sashimi

#10 edl1978

edl1978

bored

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • joined 16 march 05

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:12 AM

$125 for Osaka should get you a decent hotel. It is probably best to stay near Osaka Station if only there for a couple days.

I stayed at a friends house in "South Central Osaka" by the Festival Gates (this amusement park/huge spa or onsen), acutally even sketchy Yakuza areas of Japan are safe. There were hotels there for really cheap $30.

Any how I did have a list of hotels with prices I got from tourist info center, I will check to see if I have it.

#11 JUPAFETT

JUPAFETT

superbored

• Pip
  • 327 posts
  • joined 12 may 04

Posted 16 March 2005 - 09:17 PM

THE ONLY PLACE THAT I'D LET OFF IS AT THE CERULIAN TOWERS SHINJUKU SORRY NOT OSAKA.
THEY GOT THAT ROBO BIDET WITH HEATED WATER AND SEATS. BLOW DRY TOO.

T-E-C-H-!-!-!

THE SQUAT OVER A HOLE KIT IS NOT EVER GONNA HAPPEN. TOO CRILLY.
SHIT IS WACK

#12 MONIKER

MONIKER

semibored

• Pip
  • 167 posts
  • joined 31 january 05

Posted 16 March 2005 - 10:31 PM

cleanliness
Edited by MONIKER on Jul 12, 2005 at 03:00 PM

#13 showbiz00ditc

showbiz00ditc

superjunkie2K

• PipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • joined 03 march 05

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:43 PM

i dunno about the baby wipes... the wetness on my asshole make it feel like theyre not helping the cause... and they smell funny... its a dead giveaway to the distinguished nose that you just "unloaded".
It's Worn || Girls in Supreme || @extrAndrew

#14 SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN

SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN

superbored

• Pip
  • 245 posts
  • joined 15 march 05

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:41 AM

yo-babywipes are the secret joints-cerul's shitters are def choice,but the MEATFEST breakfast buffet they got there is it for me...u gonna need some babywipes about 20 mins after u fill up on that mess,those omlets are way to perfect.....straight insanity.
tokyo summer day with jeans on? i am all about the wipes-damn-i am gonna sell them shits on the corner infront of that wendys next trip-watch-soon ape will be makin these wipes in camo
Its better to not say anything and appear to be the fool,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

#15 MONIKER

MONIKER

semibored

• Pip
  • 167 posts
  • joined 31 january 05

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:14 AM

cleanliness
Edited by MONIKER on Jul 12, 2005 at 03:01 PM

#16 JUPAFETT

JUPAFETT

superbored

• Pip
  • 327 posts
  • joined 12 may 04

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:26 AM

WIPES ARE "ALWAYS" STOCKED . THEY COME UNSCENTED, OH YEAH.

JUST LISTEN TO BARKLEY:

"ANYTHING ELSE WOULD BE UNCIVILIZED"
SHIT IS WACK

#17 Ryan

Ryan

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,617 posts
  • joined 22 january 05

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:06 PM

cool thanks if you can get it appreciate it..
wha?http://www.livejourn.../users/dorien/

#18 presto718

presto718

bored

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • joined 13 november 03

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:18 PM

I stayed in Hotel Nikko for about $120US for a double. It was a promotion. Not sure if there are any now. I guess you can call them.

#19 melvynlim

melvynlim

bored

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • joined 18 november 05

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:36 AM

Can anyone help with suggesting some good affordable hotels in Osaka? And some great shops wld be nice.
Thanks!
M

#20 dole scum

dole scum

bored

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • joined 15 september 05

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:55 AM

I stayed in a cheap business hotel in Minami. As for shopping there is an A.P.C shop, A.P.C Surplus, Silas and Maria, Supreme e.t.c......... and lots of other boutiques. Sorry for being vague but l cannot remeber any street or area names. The people are really friendly.

#21 djrajio

djrajio

postwhore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  • joined 03 april 05
  • talents:wearing ugly sweaters

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:00 PM

Osaka is one of my favorite cities! Lots of capsule hotels and cheap places in the southwest. Check out the hotels near club i-to-i, easily the BEST club in all OSAKA. Hip-hop is gangsta there! Doberman Inc, D-ST Entertainment, etc. The place produces the best hip-hop acts/groups in all Japan. Plus the import scene there is straight fire. People are waaay friendly, mostly cuz Kansai-jins are just like that. Kanto-jin have more the jerk factor. Although the girls tend to be louder and more aggressive than Tokyo girls. Plus, Hanshin Tigers! Ah man, I need to go back there....

Also probably a perverse lack of self-confidence that causes me to overcompensate by exceling in other aspects of my life and boasting about sexual/monetary exploits (or lack thereof) on a fashion board viewed by thousands of anonymous users to make me feel better.

#22 edwin

edwin

superbored

• Pip
  • 517 posts
  • joined 22 october 03

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:42 PM

dj... sorry for not getting back. i couldnt get a hold of loopwheeler.

i may be in osaka in march. someone write an itinerary for me. and yes i want to see touristy spots too.

sufuing since 2003 | instagram: @gymstandard

#23 sr20det

sr20det

superbored

• Pip
  • 758 posts
  • joined 14 june 04

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:49 PM

dj... "importscene" as in JDM option and carboy style or importscene as in cali rice??
"all these Pavarottis followin' me"

#24 Ryan

Ryan

superjunkie

• Pip
  • 1,617 posts
  • joined 22 january 05

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:07 PM

check out Hotel Shinsaibashi , its basically a comfort inn. i stayed there last may. rooms are fairly comfortable. staff speaks english and its a short walk to that one river place with the glico guy sign. haha i know thats the worst description but its close to alot of things..

#25 djrajio

djrajio

postwhore

• 6,349 posts
  • joined 03 april 05

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:48 AM

Very JDM option/carboy style. I wouldn't say cali rice as in hot import nights, all-rice-up-and-know-where-to-go-poser style but more like home grown car tuning. Its got this really clubby, family feel to it. I dunno how to describe it but I the import scene here places more emphasis on performance than looks. Lots of late 80s, mid 90s cars. Very inspiring. Especially drifting nights....ahhh man I miss those dayzz...

Also probably a perverse lack of self-confidence that causes me to overcompensate by exceling in other aspects of my life and boasting about sexual/monetary exploits (or lack thereof) on a fashion board viewed by thousands of anonymous users to make me feel better.

#26 sr20det

sr20det

superbored

• Pip
  • 758 posts
  • joined 14 june 04

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:37 PM

i've never spent any time in osaka but i did spend 3 weeks in tokyo back in 2000. loved every bit of it!! went to amlux, neo-web, and the auto salon! i heard the riceboy style is catching on over there though... although i think the japanese have a different word for it. just like they call DUB style VIP over there.
"all these Pavarottis followin' me"

#27 thomas_highstreet

thomas_highstreet

superfreak

• PipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts
  • joined 06 july 05
  • style:exotic
  • attitude:hater

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:22 PM

Quote:

i've never spent any time in osaka but i did spend 3 weeks in tokyo back in 2000. loved every bit of it!! went to amlux, neo-web, and the auto salon! i heard the riceboy style is catching on over there though... although i think the japanese have a different word for it. just like they call DUB style VIP over there.

--- Original message by sr20det on Nov 21, 2005 06:37 AM

what is 'riceboy' style?

#28 sr20det

sr20det

superbored

• Pip
  • 758 posts
  • joined 14 june 04

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

#29 djrajio

djrajio

postwhore

• 6,349 posts
  • joined 03 april 05

Posted 21 November 2005 - 11:34 PM

Agreed. It's very much JDM style here. Especially the drifters. They actually take pride in the fact that their cars are totally fucked up and scratched on the outside but still packing twin-cam engines in AE86s (haha).

#30 sleep_oner

sleep_oner

semibored

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • joined 28 november 04

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:54 AM

The best thing to do is go to a JTB there. I went to Osaka and they hooked me up in some crazy nice business hotel right in the heart of everything and it was super cheap. We came from Tokyo with no reservations and they hooked it up on the spot. I highly recommend it. They do all the work for you. The one I went to is right in the same main building where all the subways and the shinkansen meet . Sorry don't remember the name but it might be Osaka station.