Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

My thinking is that raw denim is much more popular over there, therefore more people there are gonna be in the contest and have more experience with fading jeans, and we all pretty much agree that ryu's SC and that one dudes eternals are the "holy grails" of denim, or at least 2 of the best fades we have ever seen and they were both done by japanese guys so it stands to reason that the winner would be from japan.

and from what ryu said the japanese guys are doing more in their jeans than walk around soho or browse fashion message boards.

thanks for the explanation...? my point was that just cuz theyre japanese doesnt mean they somehow get better fades. depends on what they do...for example, dude who went caving in his pbj's made his jeans look fuckin amazing. but anyway, no need to argue over this, just think its silly to generalize and say japanese people make better fades.

If Samurai loves the PR we can give them...maybe they'll cut us a better break come round two?

I'd hold off on buying a new pair of jeans if I knew there was a contest that was going to start..just to feel like im doing something constructive other than wearing jeans. Personally, Flathead 3001's are looking good to me right now.

I haven't been on this forum for some time, but maybe a contest is a pretty lame idea. How many people are actually still doing the Samurai contest? Like seven. Nobody even post pics that much. Most of the people bought the jeans never to be heard of again.

On the CMF tip. People have been riding the CMF ding dong for some time and I have been a strong advocate against it. I always thought y'all should ride my ding dong.

^^^Definitely on point there...it seems as if half the people in the Samurai contest bought the jeans just for the discount and they couldn't care less about actually participating. I understand that some people don't have the time to visit this site or take pics on a regular basis but it has been a good 5 to 6 months and only handful of people have posted updates. As an observer, I'm a little disappointed, especially considering how much enthusiasm there was when the idea of a contest was first proposed.

^^^Definitely on point there...it seems as if half the people in the Samurai contest bought the jeans just for the discount and they couldn't care less about actually participating. I understand that some people don't have the time to visit this site or take pics on a regular basis but it has been a good 5 to 6 months and only handful of people have posted updates. As an observer, I'm a little disappointed, especially considering how much enthusiasm there was when the idea of a contest was first proposed.

Agreed, people just can't seem to stop purchasing new denim. I was pretty choked on passing on the contest but the lack of updates have eased the disappointment. I guess some people just cant stay dedicated to the cause haha.

That being said, another crack at a contest does sound appealing. I'd say the s5000vx would work, or maybe even some of those denim junkies..the one where everyone kept dropping out of the group buy

I think they are already having a contest over on mynudies. Too lazy to read through that, I could be wrong. If Nudies were chosen for the next contest, it would be more of a who can rip their crotch the fastest contest. Nudies are the suck.

Ya, im in that contest. even though its on the mynudies forums its acutally a skull comp.

You can read about it here

http://www.mynudies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4271#44283

I think it would be cool to do a STF 501 ccontest. Classic fit, everyone can afford them/have access to them.

Ande Whall would be tight too when v4 comes out.

not as easy as you would think, esp in Aus. depends on whether that guy's still selling them on his ebay store. And mall jeans for the US is different over here. I can't get my hands on GAP unless someone sells it cheap on ebay. To order it from their online store, with those prices, might as well get APC.

Hmmmmm. This is all food for thought!!!

Maybe the Atelier La Durance Prescott if we can find a plentiful supply.

BUT PLEASE NO ACID WASH JEANS. If they gain popularity i may never wear jeans again.

I just noticed that cultism put their prices up for those. $199 to $259 or something like that. I'm hanging out for the selvage prescotts coming out later this year (cause I'm a selvage snob. it's too late for me...)

Seems I may as well contribute and give my two cents..... Firstly im really kicking myself for not joining the sammy alliance, some amazing fades have been displayed, texas cotton IS the next big thing, and all in one of sammys bestest cuts!

This makes me think a skull 6x6 ( they are texas cotton right? ) would be good. 5010xx? 5507???

Or Oni - apart from john11f and headtowall and carl I really havent seen to many uberslubby jeans worn and faded. Im a convicted slubfeind so I would quite like some onis, except slimmer hmph...

Flathead would be good too except they would have to have a button fly.

Omnigod?

45rpm?

Full Count?

Somet??

John Bull ( hemp mix denim! )

all do slim cuts

Kapital? The steam locomotive? Allllll good.

^I don't really see why they should fade quickly. Like I said before, however much I like the way the contest Sams look on some people I would feel almost cheated If I were in and mine would wear down so quickly.

You can have amazing fades within one year without using jeans that fade so quickly.

Yeah, maybe you don't have the satisfaction of great looking jeans after 4 months of wear, but that shouldn't really matter since your in it for a year.

Just my 2cnts.

If Guitar Wolf is involved, i think you would have to use Dry Bones denim, they make the Guitar Wolf denim line.

Hrm. Good point.

Guitar Wolf, Envy, Sledgehammer, The Polysics, Shonen Knife, The Boredoms, Yamatsuka Eye, etc etc, take your pick.

The key elements here are "Win a bar fight, win some pants. Lose a bar fight, lose your pants."

clearly you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

You guys did get the jeans for a little bit cheaper than the regular production run, right? I remember some people saying that the jeans came out to be cheaper (wasn't it around $15 less?). The discount might not have been a major amount, but the fact that jeans came out to be a bit cheaper and that they were a limited production run added to the appeal of buying in. Some people bought the jeans and were never heard from again. What was their motive for joining the contest then? Are they going to come back at the end and show everyone up? Maybe so. All I'm doing is speculating, like everyone else, as to what has been going on with the contest. If there was no discount at all, then I'll stand corrected. It's not a big deal, man.

You have to know that not everyone wears their jeans as hard as CMF. Some people just don't have much to show for after 5 months. I think towards the end of the contest we will see some people coming out of the woodwork with crazy fades.

They were a little cheaper but not much. Beatle did a lot of work to set up the contest and it's just a fun way for denim heads to do something together (big up to her!). Samurai also got a chance to sell 30 pairs of jeans in one shot and got a lot of PR out of the contest.

They havent been mentioned I would think KMW would be a worth while option, multiple fits available, and im sure we could easily work something out with them. i would be willing to talk to them when i was working at denim bar they were great to work with. but a Flathead or Skull contest would be sick and I would be all in on that. but i would have to say people would need to stay more involved in the contest.

and on the cmf note... he can be funny, but i am not a fan of how his denim breaks in at all, i will not jump on his balls nor the band wagon against his balls.

6x6s are a great idea, they fade really quickly--Mr Calvin Oscar, arthur and others' look great.

Funny you should mention that because that was our jean of choice :D

Shinichi-san didnt give us any discounts but he made us a custom patch and pockets along with throwing in a prize and giving us a gallery. I would assume that superfuturians are more than welcome to join, all you need to do is drop me a line in the original thread at mynudies.com

I created a nice summary of what were getting in the first post so you don't need to scower through the old 40 page thread.

http://www.mynudies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=44097#44097

I wasn't even a member when the sammie comp started. Sorry I missed it. I think the Skulls and the Flathead look really nice, but the problem with them is that not everyone can fit into a pair of slims. I think Joey_formal had a good suggestion with KMW, mulitple fits and all. I'm also thinking it should be a jean with really fast fading denim, to keep the interest up. Nothing's more discouraging than denim that still looks new after 6 months of wear. Not everyone's a construction, miner, caver, skater, you know.