Denim shops in Tokyo

atom

I think that the Real McCoys are the only brand I know that are consistently cut large. I'm about 5'10~11" and have a 42" chest. The smaller brands are kind of up in the air. HRM and UES has a few shirts cut large with long sleeves, but only in very select styles. I do see a trend of larger sizes for Japanese customers, because i do believe the population is getting taller.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updated loomstate with the Ueno stores (most of which are already on this thread).

Tokyo denim tour part 2: Harajuku and Ueno.

And I've updated the denim map, too. Indigo Fan's was great, but wouldn't really scroll in my iPhone - hopefully this will be a bit easier to use. I haven't added the Ueno stores, as they're so easy to find, but it should hopefully be a big help in helping people navigate round Naka Megure and Daikanyama in particular.

https://maps.google....012136,0.020106

Leestorehpsta.jpg

Edited by Paul T

• 9 months later...

Hey, i looked through the thread and wasn't able to find anything... hope I didn't skim over it... Does anyone know where the Skull Jeans store moved to? I am only in Tokyo for a few more days and I really really was wanting to hit that one up. The only address I found was the old one and it is def. not there any more.

It is a couple of years since I last visited the fabfour shop but then they hardly carried any jeans at all, mostly T-shirts. At that time Bears was the best option for Skull denim. 

• 2 years later...

What brand would you suggest I buy in Tokyo? I know pretty much everything isn't exclusive to Japan and many great brands can be found at BiG and SE, but if you had to pick a brand, what would it be? I already have Samurais and IH and PBJ (again, because they are relatively accessible in North America).

Or are all the good brands (Fullcount, Momotaro, PBJ, etc.) already available in North America and just cheaper in Japan?

Just updated loomstate with the Ueno stores (most of which are already on this thread).Tokyo denim tour part 2: Harajuku and Ueno. And I've updated the denim map, too. Indigo Fan's was great, but wouldn't really scroll in my iPhone - hopefully this will be a bit easier to use. I haven't added the Ueno stores, as they're so easy to find, but it should hopefully be a big help in helping people navigate round Naka Megure and Daikanyama in particular.https://maps.google....012136,0.020106Leestorehpsta.jpg

What a great read. Hadn't seen it before and really enjoyed it. Also had a gander at part one which was also nice and was then drawn to the subsequent post on Mack in Aldeburgh, being (relatively) local to there. Just wanted to point out that a trip to Aldeburgh is also a nice intro to the vagiaries of English pronunciation, having been there with friends from Seattle who insisted on pronouncing it how it's spelled. You won't get far asking to get to Aldeburgh, as it's said 'All-boro'....

Fortunately there's not much in Happisburgh (further round the coast) to draw in the fashion tourist, as that's another kettle of fish :-)

Tokyo is constantly changing.......the shop you've been to today may be gone tomorrow......even I, Japanese, am gobsmacked how quick they change every time I go back......

P.S. If your time is limited I'd recommend Hinoya (and some other shops in the same area) in Ueno, and don't forget to ask for deduction of tax (8%) when you spend over 10.000 yen........

Edited by Naoto

for anyone making the trip the best advise for finding your way about is to know where you want to go , get the addresses and print out maps , the gps on my phone didnt work ( Android ) but my wife's did ( iphone ) and it was super easy once we started using it  

Edited by Flash

Damn, that's a bummer you didn't make it to RMC. Not trying to rub it in, but that's one of the best shops I've ever visited in terms of a 'brand concept ''brought to life''. Next time, eh?

The Tokyo RJB shop was good fun. I came up from Naka-meguro having visited Evisu, so it was a bit harder to find but well worth it.

Yep, using paper maps while looking for denim shops in JP is all part of the fun. Nothing beats bumbling your way around side streets and then turning a corner to see ''WAREHOUSE" signage in front of you.

I did this for the PBJ store in Harujuku. This plus looking at what it looked like on google street view before arriving. Almost missed but was definitely very entertaining! 

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a fabulous post.  Thanks in advance.

I'm heading to Tokyo in 10/2017 (assuming that section of Asia is still politically stable) and am hoping to pick up some denim while I'm there.  These shops are all fabulous, but does anyone have any suggestions for a shop that would sell some unique-to-Japan black denim?  Which brands/shops should I consider?

Thanks!