Warehouse Lot.1000XX Oxidation Denim?

trinket

someone found a denim wrapped carefully in a newspaper at some warehouse of a drug store in cheyenne, wyoming. the denim was more than 50 years old, beautiful and oxidized, making the denim a bit reddish brown.

so they're trying to achieve the same quality here with this replica.

someone found a denim wrapped carefully in a newspaper at some warehouse of a drug store in cheyenne, wyoming. the denim was more than 50 years old, beautiful and oxidized, making the denim a bit reddish brown.

so they're trying to achieve the same quality here with this replica.

Thanks Chicken. Sounds interesting.

• 1 month later...
sounds like a poor man's 45rpm nando x nando's to me

ah, this is probably the few times that a $200 pair of pants is considered the poor mans version

the first thought that came to mind: now no one can accuse samurai of being gimmicky anymore--because this takes the cake :cool:

and then: this is actually really innovative stuff. i would want to see how it looks over time, somebody ask denim-gallery-heavy to get onto the job or something... also, chemically, how does this work? indigo oxidises and turns from yellow to deep blue upon contact with air, but can be further oxidised with another agent to a reddish-brown hue?

• 7 years later...

I have my oxidised 1000XX Warrens on now and can't notice anything particularly unusual/different after 3-4 months solid wear and a few washes. No obvious reddish-brown hue to note so far. They are fading quickly but I think that's standard for Warehouse denim.

Do any other models use the 1000XX oxidised denim?