what are you eating today?

soepom

you can prep the food with disposable nitrile gloves. i do that sometimes for stuff like that, or like if i buy like a hunk of pork and it's extra greasy, or if i'm de-scaling fish

or you could use industrial strength soap, lemon, vinegar, hand sanitizer or whatever after prepping the food in question

Your fingers were that fucked up from jalapenos? Must have really mild skin on your hands or really hot jalapenos.

One time when I was still cooking professionally, I was slicing serranos to pickle and then went to pee without washing my hands first...that's a mistake you only make once.

Your fingers were that fucked up from jalapenos? Must have really mild skin on your hands or really hot jalapenos.

One time when I was still cooking professionally, I was slicing serranos to pickle and then went to pee without washing my hands first...that's a mistake you only make once.

I suspect the latter because I make this relatively frequently and never had a problem before. They did taste especially spicy this time around.

I'll add my Ippudo Ramen from China

Always feel like they're immensely consistent regardless of where they are.

That said, it always feels like they're just floundering on that border between really good and great. 

Have never walked out of Ippudo (HK, KL, MNL) feeling like my mind got shot—then again, I might just be crazy.

IDYAkgt.jpg

Homemade salmon sashimi; texture was a little off, might be better if I flash froze with dry ice instead of using the freezer.

iVxIktF.jpg

Wonton, for some reason mine kept turning out looking like envelopes...

H6fvPHO.jpg

...but no one can tell how ugly they are after cooking! (hot oil = soy sauce, red chili oil, cilantro, and some grated garlic)

Amy Ruth

ordOQXj.jpg

Eleven Madison Park meal

Corn custard with Tuna and Caviar

EM6itp8.jpg

Cucumber marinated with lemon and melon

C0GxkY1.jpg

Tomato Salad with Strawberries and basil

yDOizEh.jpg

Foie Gras, seared chanterelles and plums

VwYtbhs.jpg

Deconstructed sunflower, sunchoke and sunflower seeds