for anyone doing the superfuture fit

bruised

that waist stretcher is da bomb! i got one from ebay for $17 after shipping. i used it on a pair of sammies i bought from khaltire. they were a tagged 26 waist but measured 28 which is my natural waist size so i knew they were gonna be snug for a while. i figured i'd be able to stretch them a bit to make them comfortable. after a couple weeks of wearing them almost 24/7 they did stretch a little bit but not enough. so i bought the waist stretcher and viola! got them to a 30.5 with no problem. now i can wear them down a bit to acheive the anti fit i like. the waist stretcher gets a thumbs up from me!

Dipping the waistband in water before wearing them stretches them just fine if it's too tight at first. I think that thing is a little extreme. Wet the waist band and wear them. If they're not stretched out still, find a new jean or lose weight.

...way too much work for a pair of jeans.

This from a bunch of people who sit in the tub with jeans, wear them for months without washing, cover them in sand and run around in the ocean, make their own jeans, etc and it's too much work to get something to stretch out the waist? You have GOT to be kidding me.

How about all those jeans when the fit is PERFECT everywhere except the waist. For $17 this seems like a pretty good solution to that problem, instead of wearing them around with buttons undone for the first few months.

This from a bunch of people who sit in the tub with jeans, wear them for months without washing, cover them in sand and run around in the ocean, make their own jeans, etc and it's too much work to get something to stretch out the waist? You have GOT to be kidding me.

How about all those jeans when the fit is PERFECT everywhere except the waist. For $17 this seems like a pretty good solution to that problem, instead of wearing them around with buttons undone for the first few months.

AMEN!! (10 CHAR)

+1 :D lol

(10 characters)

WTF?! you guys are taking this way to serious. any waist shrinking ALWAYS stretches past what is was in raw state anyways, so who cares if you wash it, you have handy little device to stretch it back out. i'm just sad that i didn't think of it first.

Guest jeffvyain

i don't think the 17 dollars for a waist stretcher is TOO far fetched. I think buying a pair of jeans and never soaking the waist because you bought them too small is stupid. what the fuck are you going to do if you spill some nasty shit on them? are you going to soak them again and call that clean?

that said, i personally still don't cover my jeans in sand and run around in the ocean in them, or wear them in the tub, or anything else you mentioned. I buy jeans that fit, throw them in a hot wash to shrink, and wear them. The only pair of jeans that I bought too small to do this was my contest jeans, and I sold those. I could've easily worn them too, as they fit me when raw--I just didn't want to have to worry about a pair of jeans to the point where I was scared of a washing machine.

hey jeff. some of us don't have a lot of $$ to spend on jeans. when khaltire posted his sammies that measured the same as my true waist and at such a great deal i had to take the chance. after my experiment with the waist stretcher they are by far the best fitting, best constructed and most beautiful pair of jeans i've ever had. i never said they were too small anyway. they were just really snug and i didn't want to wait to stretch them out. just sharing my experience. btw, i figured out i can place the stretcher in the jeans when i have to soak again so no big deal. as forest gump said "stupid is as stupid does"

It may be far-fetched for YOU but the device has obvious utility and others may not think it so far-fetched. $17 is hardly a kings ransom. Certainly the thing isn't worthy of the level of distain some posters have thrown at it.

it think it sounds like a fiarly logical solution to waist stretching

and if your a 27 losing weight might not be the best idea to begin with

its only 17 and pretty much does the same thing othre waist stretching methods

tried over the years

dont turn this into an argument about who has enough money to buy jeans with though

thats bs and irrellevant

sometimes the best way to get a jean that fits

is to try it on.

i honestly dont know what to say abt those. im on the fence.

on one hand, i hate it when u can barely predict how much your denim will expand, and then regret not buying a size smaller when it expands too big.

but on the other hand, its too much work to squeeze urself into a pair and hope that they expand to your perfect measurements..

Guest jeffvyain

I am definitely in that "some of us" bracket. i think if you're using this as a last resort, go for it. i have one pair of jeans that i really enjoy wearing. i have two pairs of "premium" denim... apc ns and samurai s5000vx, and after having the sams, i'm really not too keen on the APCs anymore, so I prefer not to have to stretch my denim back out with a stretcher every time they need a wash, and I also prefer to have the ability to stick them in the washer. my argument lies in the fact that my situation is very similar to yours, alleyoop. i don't have other jeans to stick on when these get fucked, so I prefer that these fit from the getgo.

If you bought the wrong size of jeans, you can generally sell them on supermarket for damn near what you paid for them, and you usually just end up being out the shipping. but if you bought a pair of sams and you plan on washing them more than once or twice a year, if i were in your shoes, i wouldn't want to be scared if a hot wash. if that doesn't bother you, good for you...just giving you my opinion.

the bottom line of my opinion is that i don't understand this ridiculous "superfuture fit" thing we have going on here where everyone likes to size down 2 or 3 or sizes. I did that with my APCs and they were so small they almost look painted on until they've been stretched out for months on end, and then we end up with this ridiculous knee buldge that hangs down and just looks silly. I bought my sams the right size. When I throw them in the washer and after they've hang dried, they are snug on the waist, but not tight. I will never size down like I did with the APCs again. If I want another pair of tight jeans, I'll get a tight cut. They do make those, you know.

• 2 months later...

It's a must for me. I paid double the price to get the thing over here to Australia. Now I can size down with relative confidence. I've bought any number of jeans at my true waist size, only to find them too big, even after shrinkage. And taking a double hit in shipping (to Australia, and then worldwide again) if I ever needed to sell them was just too painful on the hip-pocket. Now I usually order one size down and hot soak. If it fits perfect, great. If I need to stretch the waist out one size, then I can do that as well. I haven't had a single pair of jeans not fit me since I bought the thing. It's worth it's weight in gold, imo. Though the cheap-ass plastic tends to bend under strain from 19oz denim.

I'm so happy with them, I'm even thinking of hiring an engineer to make a reinforced steel version for me, if my current bakertowne stretcher ever breaks.