Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

I'd say they're closer to a 47 as the hem is fairly small compared to the knee or thigh.

The hem is around 8" which implies a taper although it isn't that apparent from the fit itself.

It is a very interesting cut. It's relaxed but not baggy and fitted nicely in the top block. My pair is slightly oversized as well due to the fact that there isn't a tag size 33 available.

Thanks

Edited by UkeNo

The jeans sold on the denim bridge website are one washed already.

Mine were raw when I received them and with my washing regime are now slightly smaller than the listed 'one wash' models. So achieved the same effect.

The fabric is very comfortable already which is a change from most raw denim.

Crazy amount of leg twist too!

That's a great fit ukeno, very balanced, not too tight and not too sloppy. I could definitely see them well also with a heftier cuff. Fair playing for going the road less travelled and trying something different!

sample done for the double volante-denimba (bridge) collab: http://doublevolante.ti-da.net/e7162958.html

the leather patch is covered supposedly so it only starts evolving once you take the cover off. overkill for me since whoever sewed the patch on would've touched and fondled it already. but every single detail on the bridge denim is over-engineered for maximum wabi-sabi hahaha. read all about the mind-boggling details/research/experimentation here http://denimbridge.jp/about/bridge

ukeno those denim bridge look so good. whats up with the (I'm assuming here) plastic covering on the patch? sorry if this question has already been asked. but thats seriously a great fit

Thanks. The cover in the patch is just to save it from aging/darkening before you get your hands on the jeans.

From the Horses mouth (Shingo-San) directly...

"White synthetic fabric have light blocking effect, shading typed fabric.

Bridge's leather react to light and mature into good color.

I hope you enjoy growing of the leather, like denim.

When you peel off the white fabric, the leather start growing."

Highly considering getting a pair of the Fortyniners 1946 repro when it drops, depending on the weight. I want to use either them or a pair of 1951 601XX's from Freewheelers for entry in the Heavyweight Denim Championship...For now, the Fortyniner's are only visible on instagram (@fortyniners1849)

Looky Here...

http://denimbridge.jp/2015/01/24/4023

That's very kind of Oosawa-san.

He mentions that I have struggled a little between sizes - I have a 34 with max shrinkage and the fit is good now but could maybe have worn a 32 with only a light soak? (There isn't a size 33).

I'm going to order the 3rd Lot in a 32 just to be sure ;) and to see what the Double Volante construction is like too.

Anyone who is on the fence about these jeans - make the leap. They're very nice and excellent quality for the money. Probably the best quality/value I've ever bought.

Edited by UkeNo

Thanks Aho. They're very comfortable. Maybe they need another 1-2" off to sit just right?

Ooms - I really don't know what the price will be. I haven't asked or been told. I wouldn't be half surprised if Shingo San doesn't know exactly what it will be at this point ;) I see your point though - it might be higher due to D/V.

However as the Yen is low at the minute, maybe that'll take the edge off for us.

Edited by UkeNo

^There's often a "just size" and "size one up" comparison on Rakuten etc. by staff when reviewing jeans...I feel most people like a tight fit in the waist expecting jeans to stretch (i.e. "just size") however I prefer going with the next size up as I wash often, but also can't get down with a tight waist and having to worry about stretch every time I wash my jeans. Different preference for sure, but that fit is exactly how I like to wear all of my jeans, except I get them hemmed short (28 inch inseam) and cuff once or twice for good measure!