Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. 

(Updated post with measurements). 

These are Raw. They are typically available washed on the site, but Shingo-san has some Raw Pairs as well.

The fabric has a fairly smooth hand and also quite a loose or slack weave. Lighter feel than the 13.75oz or 14oz - Cant remember. It isn't like anything else i own really but the construction and hand has me thinking of Roys. 

The fit matches up most closely to my MF Okinawa Californians, but I'm assuming the shrink will alter that a reasonable amount.

I'll do a proper review of them after Christmas and some detail shots and fit pictures.

Thanks

That is exactly right B_F, they measure the internal circumference of the waistband.

I measured my pair using the BIG method.

Aho - where's yours? I thought we were in this together mate ;)

My pair are 2nd Lot. I believe the 1st Lot are nearly sold out. I think the patch might be different between each Lot. Apart from that I couldn't really decipher if any design, fit, details changes have been made. I think the designation 'Lot' might just refer to production run. Meaning this is the second batch. (Maybe?)

Gnomes - the leather patch is actually covered in a protective(?) layer of white synthetic fabric - nylon or similar. Not sure why this is. It is stitched down loosely and is wrapped over the waistband from outside (over patch) to inside.

The marker pen on this white patch has the kanji for size and the size itself. No Denimbridge/ba designs.

Will let you all know some measurements after a soak - I'll probably double soak as according to the website there's a reasonable amount of shrink to be had and I'll need them hemmed too.

I'm really hoping that these give me a Sugar Canes 47 'grail' type fit. A tall order, but so far I'm very very impressed by these.

Did I mention the hardware or belt loops?... I will - they're very nice indeed :)

Thanks for the comments.

Edit: Typos. Many, many typos.

Edited by UkeNo

• 2 weeks later...

double volante is making the 3rd denimba bridge jeans? http://www.denimba.com/2014/11/24/16724

comparo between 2nd and 3rd versions here http://denimbridge.jp/2014/12/31/3805

i must say for me the 1st and 2nd versions are cases of the sum smaller than the parts. they've got incredible details tuned for maximum ataris, higes, wabi-sabi, but somehow the jeans as a whole are not so... "sexy".

this 3rd version though, hmmm, dv is always sexy to me!

The Bridge denim looks very interesting.

At first I was a bit turned off by the arcs, but the denim itself looks pretty awesome.

I've been wanting to try out some of the lesser known brands myself, need to do some research in the near year.

I've also been interested in OrSlow lately.
Thanks for the links ooms!

cant find the link atm, but even those arcs are engineered for maximum fade-experiment, one line made of cotton thread, the other made of hemp.

but if you see the comparo, you could see how kuniyoshi-san subtly increased the negative space between the two lines and that made all the difference. suddenly the arcs look so much better!

A little Sizing update on my Denim Bridge 2nd Lot:

Size 34 Raw:

Waist: 17.5/35"

Inseam: 37.5"

F. Rise: 12"

B. Rise: 15.75"

Thigh: 13.5"

Knee: 10.25"

Hem: 8.75"

One Soak, One Machine Wash & 30min Tumble + One Days Wear:

Waist: 17/34"

Inseam: 35"

F. Rise: 11.25"

B. Rise: 15.25"

Thigh: 13.25"

Knee: 9.5"

Hem: 8"

I have lost more on the inseam (-0.4") and front rise (by -0.35") compared with the Denim Bridge one wash sizing.

They need a hem but i'm not sure if the fit is right on me. Maybe that they're a little different or that id need a size down (33 which doesn't exist).

I'll get some fit pictures for your opinions.

Thanks

Edit:

Ive just seen a post about my pair being sent to England on Shingo-San's Blog.

Thats a nice touch - He's been very good to deal with.

Edited by UkeNo

Fit pictures of 2nd Lot from Denimbridge:

(Unedited or filtered iPhone images)

dP8LTid.png

emEIq1R.png

OvgQQbr.png

Gratuitous close up:

MdQyuuf.png

I'm liking them a lot now that I've had them hemmed.

All the shrinkage is gone and the fabric has settled nicely. It's has quite a soft hand and is a little hairy too. Feels quite light as well. Very nice.

Recap of the measurements:

One Soak, One Machine Wash & Tumble + One Days Wear:

Waist: 17/34"

Inseam: 35"

F. Rise: 11.25"

B. Rise: 15.25"

Thigh: 13.25"

Knee: 9.5"

Hem: 8"

Let me know what you think of the fit. It is different to any of my other jeans but it's grown on me a lot. The thigh is the nicest variation compared to my the jeans as there's plenty of room relative to the well fitted waist and seat.

Thanks

Edited by UkeNo