design shops in bangkok and singapore?

chut

anyone know where to find cool modern furniture in bangkok and singapore? looking for both new and vintage pieces. accessory stores, lighting shops and art galleries would be great too.

in bangkok, i'm familiar with habitat and the other shops in siam discovery center. am seeking out other gems.

in singapore i've heard of space and lifestorey both of which i've never been to.

You'll find Lifestorey here:

Lifestorey 2 Pacific Plaza

9 Scotts Road

SINGAPORE 228210

Telephone 6737-7998

Don't know about Space but I'll ask around.

Andreas

lifestorey is a really nice place to buy furniture. although it may be a bit pricey than the usual [i.e. ikea]. but i think the pieces they have can be considered as "art" since they are really beautiful.

i also love the building where lifestorey is. there is a big stussy store and a miu miu store on the ground floor. several clothing stores on the other floors as well. it also has T bar.

for Singapore, go try Park Mall, or Great world city for furniture. the Lifestorey shop is closing soon, having sales at the moment. as for the building it is in (Pacific Plaza), currently theres only left a few tenants, even Miu Miu is gone, together with the old tea bar.

peace

There is a section in Takashimaya (around the art galleries) with a concentration of small, stylish home accessories/furniture stores - a lot of chic Italian and other European brands. The 5th (?) floor of Paragon is also pretty cool; Park Mall is too much of a bazaar with too much tacky stuff in the mix.

For something more unusual, I'm really into the modern Asian aesthetic found at Holland V. Fave shop there is Island & Archipelago on the 2nd floor (they have one store selling shoes and handbags, and one selling beautiful home pieces collected from around Asia).