6 replies to this topic

#1 chut

chut

bored

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • joined 18 march 04

Posted 18 March 2004 - 04:21 PM

anyone know where to find cool modern furniture in bangkok and singapore? looking for both new and vintage pieces. accessory stores, lighting shops and art galleries would be great too.

in bangkok, i'm familiar with habitat and the other shops in siam discovery center. am seeking out other gems.

in singapore i've heard of space and lifestorey both of which i've never been to.

#2 andreas

andreas

supertravel supereditor

• Pip
  • 155 posts
  • joined 21 october 03
  • style:old skool
  • denim:size 30

Posted 18 March 2004 - 06:40 PM

You'll find Lifestorey here:

Lifestorey 2 Pacific Plaza
9 Scotts Road
SINGAPORE 228210
Telephone 6737-7998

Don't know about Space but I'll ask around.

Andreas

#3 sepia007

sepia007

semibored

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • joined 20 january 04

Posted 20 March 2004 - 07:16 AM

chiang mai and chiang rai supply a huge portion of the goods for the shops in discovery/siam/mahboonkrong. if you're looking for design bargains, head outside of bangkok. don't miss mo chit weekend market also.

#4 antdj

antdj

bored

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • joined 23 march 04

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:06 PM

lifestorey is a really nice place to buy furniture. although it may be a bit pricey than the usual [i.e. ikea]. but i think the pieces they have can be considered as "art" since they are really beautiful.

i also love the building where lifestorey is. there is a big stussy store and a miu miu store on the ground floor. several clothing stores on the other floors as well. it also has T bar.

#5 fierceboi

fierceboi

bored

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • joined 24 march 04

Posted 25 March 2004 - 12:44 AM

tons of great designer both local and imported namely cappelini, moroso
check out Siam Discovery Center on Level 2
check out Gaysorn on Level 3
& Central Departmental Store @ Chidlom - Level 4 - amazing thai designed furnitures and home wares
carpe diem

#6 xymon

xymon

semibored

• Pip
  • 52 posts
  • joined 15 december 03

Posted 25 March 2004 - 03:56 AM

for Singapore, go try Park Mall, or Great world city for furniture. the Lifestorey shop is closing soon, having sales at the moment. as for the building it is in (Pacific Plaza), currently theres only left a few tenants, even Miu Miu is gone, together with the old tea bar.

peace

#7 chiaze

chiaze

bored

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • joined 29 march 04

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:00 PM

There is a section in Takashimaya (around the art galleries) with a concentration of small, stylish home accessories/furniture stores - a lot of chic Italian and other European brands. The 5th (?) floor of Paragon is also pretty cool; Park Mall is too much of a bazaar with too much tacky stuff in the mix.

For something more unusual, I'm really into the modern Asian aesthetic found at Holland V. Fave shop there is Island & Archipelago on the 2nd floor (they have one store selling shoes and handbags, and one selling beautiful home pieces collected from around Asia).