Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

I did'nt even realise they had made a mark outside of AUS...

The Presets just released "RESETS"... nice album.

So what goes on in the way of electro shit on your side of the world? In Sydney there is a big clubbing presence but everyone looks forward to the festivals - Field Day, Parklife, Harbourlife, Good vibrations, Shore thing - shit like that. Usually electro, breaks, house, tech and a bit of hiphop and drum n bass. It's lovely getting loose in a big park out in the sunshine with good music.

are you involved much with promotion and such here in NY, down4?

the presets are definitely getting a fair amount of attention on this side of the world,

along with regularly getting slotted into the usual DJ sets- i know ive heard presets

tracks and remixes of presets tracks plenty of times while out.

we don't have festivals on the scale that europe and you guys do, at least not here on the east coast... i suppose it makes less sense, especially, in a city like new york, where you can catch the best of the best spinning/performing on any given night.

omc,theyre playing at hiro in march if you care to see em. i guess mention one of the promoters names and you're good on the entrance fee. my friend is actually hosting a brand new party starting on friday next week. justine d. is running it so it's gonna be crazy. i might actually get pulled in to this as they need some ideas on who to book. do u know anyone worth booking as far as dj's go?

FUN29_optp.jpg

omc,theyre playing at hiro in march if you care to see em. i guess mention one of the promoters names and you're good on the entrance fee. my friend is actually hosting a brand new party starting on friday next week. justine d. is running it so it's gonna be crazy. i might actually get pulled in to this as they need some ideas on who to book. do u know anyone worth booking as far as dj's go?

FUN29_optp.jpg

shit now you've made my life complicated. the 9th is my birthday, i've been wondering what to do, and now that i thought i had it figured out, this comes along...

anyway, we should talk about this more, shoot me a PM... i might have a few people in mind; give me a better idea of who/what they're looking for.

shit, if you don't get sucked into this, can i? i turn ideas into schemes into dreams on a daily basis. that, and i just quit my job and need to entertain myself somehow.

shit now you've made my life complicated. the 9th is my birthday, i've been wondering what to do, and now that i thought i had it figured out, this comes along...

anyway, we should talk about this more, shoot me a PM... i might have a few people in mind; give me a better idea of who/what they're looking for.

shit, if you don't get sucked into this, can i? i turn ideas into schemes into dreams on a daily basis. that, and i just quit my job and need to entertain myself somehow.

PM me with your name and how many people you're coming with and i'll put you on the list so yous don't gotta pay the $15. I recommend checking out Girltalk.

Also, the following week is looking like this.

FUN216_opto.jpg

I recommend checking out Girltalk.

i hope gregg is still doing the whole 'strip-naked-throughout-show' thing.

i'll PM you once i confirm who i'm rolling with on 2/9.

i haven't seen flyers out for this anywhere lately, are they keeping

promotion low-key on purpose? i'd heard talk about the party before

but didn't think it was jumping off this soon.

well the flyers just got printed. the owner is putting some money into this place since it hasnt done as well as studio a in miami so u can expect some crazy lineups. last time i heard was that they sold 750 tix for the first one so it definitelly wont be empty. its gonna eventaully be free theyre just testing the waters.

i figured studio B hadn't done too well, which is a shame, because the place is nicer than half of all the more popular LES juke joints. people are fucking lazy and/or stupid.

bringing in some live acts should definitely help with rounding out the crowd, i think-

double-plus in trying to score acts that can pull off a DJ set, too.

they've probably already asked mike simonetti to come drop some twisted italo and fucked up house on everybody... his b-day at studio b with carl craig was pretty mental.

Thomas Bangalter's solo stuff is amazing in my opinion.

I haven't been able to find a lot of house music that holds my attention long enough but somehow his beats are catchy enough that I don't mind that they're being repeated for 5 minutes on end.

i figured studio B hadn't done too well, which is a shame, because the place is nicer than half of all the more popular LES juke joints. people are fucking lazy and/or stupid.

Is studio b still owned by the mental polish cokehead? I was there for the dfa party last year and most of the bartenders were polish so I just assumed he owns it. Also the guy collecting money behind the bar was wearing 90s purple suit jacket so he had to be polish. I like the place, party was great so it has potential.

The Avalanches anyone? Or maybe that doesn't count since it's not electronic enough?

i'm a fan. i'm not sure if you can classify it as electronica though, since it's more sample-driven, lounge-y type stuff. Most of the stuff on this thread is synthesizer/guitar driven, but I guess the genre is all about coming up with unique arrangements. "Frontier Psychiatrist" is gold.

Thomas Bangalter solo is definitely really great, I still bump "What To Do" regularly.

One of my favorite beats ever.

The new Klaxons album is kind of earth-shatteringly good, in my opinion. From beginning to end, it is a really solid record, and it almost demands to be played over and over again. The production's really tight, too, which I wasn't expecting- but it totally works.

Is studio b still owned by the mental polish cokehead? I was there for the dfa party last year and most of the bartenders were polish so I just assumed he owns it. Also the guy collecting money behind the bar was wearing 90s purple suit jacket so he had to be polish. I like the place, party was great so it has potential.

Haha, purple suit? I don't know who that would be but my friend wants to get bartenders because the ones they have do suck. As far as the coke thing, I don't think the guy touches coke.

On another note mutherfuckers were booking raves up until 3 months ago.