Hotel Excellent Ebisu, Tokyo (Info Needed)

src0010

Hotel Excellent in Ebisu

I am travelling to Japan at the end of May and looking for a cheap place to stay and a couple of people here have recomeended Hotel Excellent in Ebisu. Ebisu seems like a convenient place to stay. Any info on Hotel Excellent in Ebisu would be great. I searched online and found one site that lists the number for the hotel, but it didn't work. Looking for the following information:

- Any website that offers online reservation?

- Phone and/or fax numbers?

- Price for twin rooms?

- Directions? (Sounds like it is right by the JR Ebisu Station)

Also, if anyone has any other sugestions for places to stay in Ebisu, Shibuya, etc area for around 10,000yen ($100) for twin room would be great. Would like to be able to make online reservations before arriving if possible.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by src0010 on Apr 25, 2005 at 05:14 AM

it certainly takes the prize for best hotel name, and is very convenient being across the road from ebisu station, 1 stop from shibuya, and walking distance to daikanyama and naka-meguro. i have never stayed there, but it looks like standard business hotel. phone number is 03-5458-0087. the website is http://www.soeikikaku.co.jp/

as for other suggestions, this forum is full of them so have a search. somebody else mentioned hotel excellent already. http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=1733

Ay, got your email. I'll answer that too. yeah I don't even know the phone number. My distributor always hooks up the hotel so I never have to make the call. I wish I could be of more help. If you do stay at hotel excellent you must stop at Mr. Craft. it is a 5 story collectible toy store with everything you could imagine. Not to mention names like Doze, Jest, PNUT, Maya Hayuk, Stevie Williams have stayed there and you'll see a lot of their tags, stickers throwies leading right up to the hotel.

Thanks for the info!

I already booked a reservation Toyoko Inn Shinjuku Kabuki-cho prior to reading about Hotel Excellent Ebisu. Ebisu sounds like a much more pleasant area to stay.

Can anyone point out any decent maps online or else where for Ebisu-Nishi & Daikanyama areas? I have a copy of Tokyo City Atlas and it is very detailed for all other areas except these two. I know theres a Daikanyama map on superfuture but cant really make out streets etc...

Also, anyone remember if the hotel is on the east exit or west exit at Ebisu JR station?

And whats the best way to walk from Ebisu to Shibuya to see shops and the graffti in the area? Meiji Dori (Ave) seems to connect the areas but looks like it is on opposite side of Ebisu-Nishi & Daikanyama.

Thanks for the help!