Coachella

JesseJB

^^^ It'll be a cool hide/seek game. I'm looking for cuffed selvedge denim.

I'm going to dress like a fricking Middle Eastern resident aside from my denim however... I heard having bright looiking long flowy robes'll do the trick to keep cool and from loosing moisture.

I can't hook you up, but I will be kicking it backstage with mine........

Saturday is by far the best day; although it would be perfect if they added Placebo and Happy Mondays to the roster. I have no desire to see any of the bands on Friday.

With Regina Spektor, The Cribs, Travis, RHCP, Arcade Fire, and Ghostface on Sat. it will be a fucking great day.

i hate festivals, but the 1st day looks insane!

Bjork, JESUS AND FUCKING MARY CHAIN, interpol, Jarvis cocker, Felix da housecat, Sonic Youth, El-P! man, thats solid.

I'm going to freeze my denim before hitting the sun ^_^

update, I just got my vacation for coachella... now I need my tickets.

my friend and i are trying to go but we are having trouble with figuring out a place to stay. Neither of us can camp onsite because we are 1 month shy of being 18 and it seems like most of the hotels/motels are already booked. Anyone have any ideas on what we could do? we were thinking of camping off site but if there are other options we'd be down to do that but we are gonna try and go, no matter what it takes

I slept from 10 at night until 5 the next night after two days of Coachella, it's a lot of work running around in the blazing sun for two days. Yeah, line-up has definitely seen better days, and I agree, I would never have cared about Daft Punk until seeing them last year, even though I was almost passing out.

Oh, yeah.

Fuck you, England. Get me backstage!

I tend to underestimate just how drained I feel after a day or two at coach so I make sure to always book room for Sunday night. It may be a few $$$ but the drive back to LA would be next to impossible.

I think it was the ´04 coach where my friend and I had a show up in SF the Tuesday after the weekend, thinking we would drive up there Monday and come back down to LA on Wed. Same 10-5 sleep story as you.

I probably would have gone this year if they had the Smashing Pumpkins reunion rumored last year.

I probably would have gone this year if they had the Smashing Pumpkins reunion rumored last year.

I would so be there, should that be true. :( Zwan was garbage.

Anyways, planning to go for Bjork ( like digitaldenim) , might skip RHCP and come back for Rage.

Also, what does the all-access pass entail? If it means a seat backstage and/or in the shade, then shit, count me in. I dont think I wanna turn like a bazillion shades darker and put myself at higher risk for melanoma and shite.

Coachella would be a truly great experience if they only allowed to walk around with a beer in your hand. Instead they confine alcoholic beverages to these cages that are too far from the stages to actually see the shows. That alone made the experience feel more like a chaperoned event, as opposed to a musical festival.

Oh, and I highly recommend staying at a hotel, or as my friends did, rent a house with a pool. We'd wake up around 10ish, bake by the pool for hours, and then roll up the show around 5pm as the temperature was getting somewhat bearable, and the better acts were coming on.

The idea of camping out in 110+ degree weather is unthinkable.

• 2 months later...

Only one more week 2 go! I can't wait to get out of NYC and get some Cali sun & fun, plus the fresh air.....

Man, lots of schedule conflicts (as can be expected) for me, but overall I'm very happy with the schedule. Any chance Interpol will be playing something new?

fuck i can't wait. anyone going out for thursday night parties? i waited all year for this weekend.
I'll be at the Filter party.