Stevenson Overall Company

jaspar

@Maynard Thanks for link!

@hog did you mean this thread. Cheers

Is la jolla the slimmest pair around?

Thanks again

The La Jolla is slim, the Valencia has the strongest taper.

Nice, looks perfect! I was pretty interested in the 747 cut myself before I got the 3005. How's the waist relative to the thighs?

Thanks! They feel very similarly cut, although the Stevensons are just a hair slimmer through the whole leg. But for the most part the cut feels very close, other than the ~inch shorter rise

Here are my 714 Valencia post soak!

brh1xr0.jpg

0Yq4GgS.jpgTWD40UR.jpg

I think the fit is pretty spot on. after a couple of wears they will be even better. Still debating on hemming or just double cuffing like they are.

Edited by itschrisb

on me, they are a little lower but it's not enough to be noticeable. 

more or less on everybody. it's maybe due to the shape of the pockets. they actually sit where they should.

Edited by Blue Nemo

I've already hot soaked my new jeans but after reading through this whole thread it seems a lot of people are hot soaking them twice. Would it be beneficial to give them another soak or just wait till the first the first wash? Shrinking them a little more wouldn't hurt.

I've already hot soaked my new jeans but after reading through this whole thread it seems a lot of people are hot soaking them twice. Would it be beneficial to give them another soak or just wait till the first the first wash? Shrinking them a little more wouldn't hurt.

just do now whatever you are planning on doing in the future that will shrink them the most (hopefully a machine wash).  That way you'll know if they'll fit you how you want before you invest too much time into them

Got a pair of 727s from SESF today.  I really, really like them.  I took them out for their first walk, break them in a bit.  Kiya said since these are pretty tight on me right from the start, to wear them for a few weeks, then cold soak them for 30 mins.  Anyone gotten their 727s on the tight side?  How much shrinkage did you have?  Hot or cold soak?  How long?

I can't speak for the 727 but I have the 714 and I hot soaked them for 30 min and they shrank up some. Then I got them hemmed and wore them for a few days before hot washing/drying which shrunk them even more. Now they fit perfect. I doubt a cold soak would end up doing much as far as shrinkage went. I'm assuming it's the same denim.

They were very roomy pre soak and fitted post soak. Post wash they were snug and have stretched perfectly. Is there a reason you didn't just size up to accommodate for shrinkage? I walked out with a 34 after trying on the 33 and liking the fit and it worked out great.

I wanted them to really fit.  Being female, I don't need a pair of baggy denim.