Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

if I fit perfectly into a size 31 in the 705s, would i fit the same way in the 1005s? Can anyone who has both or at least the 1005s give any feedback on their fit? The 705s fit me ok but I'm not crazy about the overall fit -- it's not slim it's not loose yet it's tight in the thighs. Not loving it. That's why I'm curious about the 1005s.

hey Shinobi, i was about to answer your question but i was waiting for someone who has more experinces to reply it first since i dont wanna sound like Momo snob or something + the fact that i dont have both pairs that you mentioned but if you need an advice from a woman, i can help you on that otherwise please just ignore me ok :)

1005 and 0905 have more or less the same natural straight fit but 1005 are slightly tapered than 0905. 1005 fit is just loose compared to 0705. 0705 are low/mid rise jeans meanwhile the rise of 1005 is 3cm higher (if i'm not mistaken). judging by your 0705 fit which is size 31 and Momotaro sizing chart, i can suggest you to go with size 30 in 1005 for snug fit (they will be a tad loose than your current 0705) or 31 for more relaxed fit. but again if you dont fancy tight fit in your thighs, 31 will be right size for you. cheers!

jeans are special produced by Momotaro, yes it's zimbabwe cotton and the jeans will be made in "WEIRD guy" Naked & Famous fit for their second collaboration. the denim is slightly different from the first collabs, instead of red selvage, they have pink selvage but the rest is just the same Momotaro specifications such as pink inseam stitching, hidden rivets, buttons and the deer skin waist-patch featuring graphics from both companies, the Naked & Famous pin up image combined with Peach Boy.

the second batch of this collaboration will be up soon (F/W2011). according to NF guys, there will be only 400 pairs produced.

correct me if I'm wrong here, but the GTB are not sanforized denim imho, one-wash, not sanforized, my 1005sp does have a leg twist after soaking/washing...

would like more info on the yarn thing though, I always thought this had to do with the thread that was used to stitch the jeans...

calling Rob, calling Rob, can u shed some light?

^actually i already discussed it with Max Power as well, he has both Vintage and GTW label. i remember he said that both fabrics felt the same but it was a matter of starched raw (Vintage) vs soft and one wash jeans (GTW). we both agreed that the catalogue was vague haha... the thickest yarn vs super dense yarn? i can call K to confirm it, no one knows better than the Momo prince himself but i may sound like "ahou" to him LoL... i rather call Rob :D

ps; we should hang out with Rob and Nora all together....

For what I know is that only the Vintage Label uses thread "0". All other might have thick or superdense yarns for the stitching, but apparently not the type that the Vintage Label uses.

Also the denim on the GTB and Vintage Label is exactly the same. Only difference between them is raw vs. one wash. The Copper Labels use another denim though, as I was told this particular denim uses cotton they use for their dressshirts also.

[Edit: I just read that I wasn't the first to say this :)]

Can anyone tell me about these "Momotaro Jeans by Japan Blue Antique Natural Indigo Jeans":

http://shop.milkmade.eu/product/momotaro-jeans-by-japan-blue-antique-natural-indigo-jeans

Are they sanforized? Are they as lightly dyed as the pics make them appear? Anything else I should know? The cut and greenish color appeal to me, but the webstore lacks info. Thanks!

Max, those look INCREDIBLE. You kill jeans in such a short period of time.

Also, the more I see from Momo, the closer I get to buying a new pair and breaking them in. The pair i bought worn are some of my favorite jeans I've ever had.

Can anyone tell me about these "Momotaro Jeans by Japan Blue Antique Natural Indigo Jeans":

http://shop.milkmade.eu/product/momotaro-jeans-by-japan-blue-antique-natural-indigo-jeans

Are they sanforized? Are they as lightly dyed as the pics make them appear? Anything else I should know? The cut and greenish color appeal to me, but the webstore lacks info. Thanks!

^ Yeah, more info would be appreciated. Zim cotton and Ai dye for 198 bucks is a must! Good find, airportlobbytx.

All Japan blue jeans are made of sanforized cloth.

The particular model mentioned above is NOT an AI dyed type cloth : Japan Blue has reproduced the color of Antique Natural Indigo, but by no means this is Natural Indigo... it's an artificial reproduction...

They are quite light in color...

Also, Japan blue Jeans are not the fasted fading jeans, due to the indigo/sulphur mixture used...

Hope above info is helpful.

moving into his new house I guess

Yes we are moving into our new house, we are moving the showroom as well and will be opening a denim store in Antwerp :-)

So, I'll explain the diff between Vintage/GTB later on this week... sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the info rubyblue, appreciate it. When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

No prob.

Always a shame that info on a product is somewhat misleading :-(

Yes we are moving into our new house, we are moving the showroom as well and will be opening a denim store in Antwerp :-)

So, I'll explain the diff between Vintage/GTB later on this week... sorry for the delay.

good to hear brotherman, we need to hook up again when u guys got the time. btw congratz! you know why :D

Hey guys do the Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Skinny Straight- Model 0100SP stretch much I was wondering if I should size down, thanks

My tight straight stretched one size after a couple of wears and sort of stabilized after that!

No experience with the skinny straight, 'but the denim is the same...

If you have the budget, go for a Momotaro GTB, denim is much nicer :-)

Hey guys do the Japan Blue x Momotaro "Going to Battle" 14.8oz Skinny Straight- Model 0100SP stretch much I was wondering if I should size down, thanks

the model is based on NF skinny guy fit. if you have slender figure, you may survive to size down one since the jeans will stretch anyway...

but i gotta agree with rubyblue, 0705SP maybe?

If you have the budget, go for a Momotaro GTB, denim is much nicer :-)

sup rubyblue.... happy to see you back online...

and gefeliciteerd! i think i know what Tiro refered to ;)