THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Sent! Still heavily considering the Boondockers since the Roper is out of stock in my size, but I could probably swing both these and possibly the engineer boots you've been talking about. Just gotta stop buying other things for a bit. 

You should stop heavily considering the Boondocker and start heavily copping it! Such a great boot... Not an ounce of "city boy" and surprisingly versatile: I can wear it with '47s and Baker Pants but I've also sneaked them into the most prestigious members' club in Hong Kong.

I can understand some people's reservations towards Viberg. I don't like the hysteria that takes place on Styleforum and Reddit but I do think they make the most beautiful boots out there and their construction and finishing is impeccable. I used to dislike the 2030 last before they started adding a partially structured toe because that crumpled low profile toe looked dreadful. Others love it more than anything, so different strokes I suppose. The 2045 and 110 lasts are really quite rugged though, without that cartoonishly overbuilt quality that many Whites have, for example.

As it happens, I just copped a pair of Viberg chukka boots in Aged Bark because I wanted a knockabout casual boot. Looking forward to having those in hand.

You should stop heavily considering the Boondocker and start heavily copping it!

I think you're right, I need to just pony up and buy them already! I also agree with your statement about Viberg and their boots that are rugged without looking cartoonish. I was really looking at Wesco for awhile and just found their boots not quiet as refined at some boots from Viberg. Looking forward to seeing those aged bark chukkas!

I think that roper looks silly without a proper height shaft - to me, boot styles like a roper or engineer just look dumb when done as an "ankle boot" with severely shortened shaft. If you want a boot like that but can't handle the shaft, then suck it up and just get a nice Chelsea or something like that.

Just my opinion :D

I think the Roper is okay with the smaller height mainly because you're not going to see it since it'll be underneath the jeans.

I do think that some very short boots look weird, but these still have some height to them.

Different strokes for different folks though as they say.  :D

Different strokes for different folks though as they say.  :D

Of course, and to be honest I do have one or two ankle boots in styles that "should be" full length boots, one of them even has a zipper for ease of entry - I guess I just wanted to sound extra manly before :D

Yeah, can't say I'm big on shortie engineers/pecos. If you're going to get a pair, go for the gold.

Cushman sneakers or dubbleworks sneakers?

Dubbleworks, only because that heel on the Cushmans looks a bit kinky.

Edited by Iron Horse

You should stop heavily considering the Boondocker and start heavily copping it! Such a great boot... Not an ounce of "city boy" and surprisingly versatile: I can wear it with '47s and Baker Pants but I've also sneaked them into the most prestigious members' club in Hong Kong.

I can understand some people's reservations towards Viberg. I don't like the hysteria that takes place on Styleforum and Reddit but I do think they make the most beautiful boots out there and their construction and finishing is impeccable. I used to dislike the 2030 last before they started adding a partially structured toe because that crumpled low profile toe looked dreadful. Others love it more than anything, so different strokes I suppose. The 2045 and 110 lasts are really quite rugged though, without that cartoonishly overbuilt quality that many Whites have, for example.

As it happens, I just copped a pair of Viberg chukka boots in Aged Bark because I wanted a knockabout casual boot. Looking forward to having those in hand.

Simon, I have probably asked you this before, along with everyone else on this forum but.... since you have both Boondockers and Indy's, how do the two compare in fit/size?  I think my Indy's are a 9.5D which is weird cause im generally a 10 or 10.5

Curious about this too, since I'm planning on getting the Boondockers in the same size as my Indy boots (11.5).

Also would like to see more worn in photos if Simon or anyone else who has a pair of Boondockers has them! Going to place my order next week in all likelihood.

I will try and get some shots up of how my Boondockers are looking these days but here's one from a few months back at 16 months of wear:

19943110173_5f8fb18a15_c.jpg

In terms of sizing relative to Indy boots, I take an 8.5D in my Trubalance last Indys and the same size in my Vibergs. I have Boondockers on the 2045 last, plus Chukka boots on the 110 and Service Boots on the 2030 (could probably size up to 9 in this last, as they are fairly tight). I think general advice is to take the same size in Viberg as you would Alden Trubalance or Barrie.

The 2045 is a little wider in the forefoot than the Trubalance, slimmer through the waist and feels a bit roomier in the heel. I experienced some heel slip in the first month but I think that was due to the stiffness of the leather sole and it passed once that had broken in. Not a problem if you're buying the cord sole version anyway. 

I'm looking at getting some black jeans... I like the black/black Collect denim that Left Field uses but am wondering if anybody has any other recommendations? I'd like something that doesn't fade too quickly and that isn't too irregular--but as most black jeans I've seen are sanforized the latter shouldn't be a huge issue. Thanks!

Ah good call richard i totally forgot about those!

edit: and self edge has a size 29 in stock, and the measurements look spot on! you sold me in one fell swoop, brother! thank you!

Edited by chicote

• 4 weeks later...

Looking for a super slim tapered jean. Something similar to the Unbranded UB401 or even better the Momotaro 0305. Must have a long inseam (I'm tall) and I'd like a really rough or interesting unsanforized fabric. Does anyone have any suggestions? I do like the Momo 0305 but they're hard to find locally in my size. Warehouse make some nice denim but the inseam is way too short. 

Maybe oni612idid from denimio?

Thanks! I dig the cut but not the indigo/indigo.

EDIT the 622GC look good. Any idea how much they'll stretch after pre-soak? Trying to figure out size.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

second what BF says... the TCB 60's will fit you completely different from the Denime 66xx...

if you like the fit of the tour jeans go for the Denime. the TCB will have a slighty higher rise and much less taper.

Hello,

I'm thinking of purchasing a pair of the contest Samurais from denimio. But am unsure if I should choose a size 32 or 33? and will Sam's stretch up to an inch in the waist?

https://www.denimio....chart/id/18483/

Here are some jeans that fit me well:

Pure Blue Japan Size 32:

Waist: 16.5 inches

In-seam: 36.5 inches – I cuff them still a bit long.

Front Rise: 10 inches

Rear Rise: 14.5 inches

Thigh: 11.5 inches

Knee: 7.75 (12 inches down inseam)

Calves: 7.5 (18 inches down inseam)

Leg Opening: 7.5 inches

Iron Heart 8301s SBG Size 31:

Waist: 16.35

In-seam: 37.5

Front Rise: 10.35

Rear Rise: 14.5

Thigh: 11.35