THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Thinking about some purchases later this year, need to step up my silver game.

IHSI-02 Bike Chain bracelet or Good Art Model 10?

IH: bild269.jpg

Good Art:

GA_CHAIN_1_04-682x932.jpg

Really love them both and wish I could try them on before buying, but not sure if I'll get the chance or not.

I can imagine wearing the IH piece and someone asking me ''why are you wearing a bike chain around your wrist?"

This will happen all the time. I don't mind it at all, usually people think it's cool. Definitely gets a lot of compliments, but I'm sure the good art will too!

Yeah I think you guys are right, plus I've really be into the Good Art Model 10 ever since I saw it.

I was just browsing through some pictures of the IH bracelet yesterday and it grew on me a bit.

Plus that Good Art clasp is just awesome!

Or why not Good Heart?!

Yeah I was interested in the IH one mainly because it just is different. And the aged pictures I saw looked cool too.

But I think the Good Art would be easier to pull off, since I don't ride a motorcycle or anything. I'll have to change that one day.  :P

But I think the Good Art would be easier to pull off, since I don't ride a motorcycle or anything. I'll have to change that one day.  :P

You'll be covered anyway since the Good Art looks a lot like:

the-wild-one-finger.JPG

Edited by Iron Horse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the N&F Natural Indigo Loomstate Denim but couldn't find much on the fading properties. I would like a general sense of how my denim will turn out after wear. Can anyone shed some light? Does loomstate denim affect fading properties?

The other pair I was looking at was the Flat Head F2001. I really like the 16 oz range. Anyone have first hand experience with these?  Not a big fan of the zipper fly tbh.  

TLDR: N&F Natural indigo Loomstate or FH2001?  

• 2 weeks later...

Since the Flathead 3012 is sold out in my size until october I was looking into the

Iron Heart 633s

or

Skull 5507xx

what you guys think?

Ideally you're going to have this pair of jeans for a few years. I would definitely wait a month or two to get the ones you really want.

Also anything 21 oz regular denim is essentially going to fade exactly the same, except for small differences in combs or whiskers due to the cut like bf said. 

Ideally you're going to have this pair of jeans for a few years. I would definitely wait a month or two to get the ones you really want.

Also anything 21 oz regular denim is essentially going to fade exactly the same, except for small differences in combs or whiskers due to the cut like bf said.

So if I do decide between the 633s and the 3012, being new to both of these brands what would you say I could expect the differences to be between the two fading and characteristics wise?

Fit: 633s should be more of a straight fit above the knee and tapered below to a moderate leg opening. The 3012 is kind of a carrot fit, pretty big thighs and very small hem, but I'm guessing that when you hem them because the taper is so severe it will even out a little.

Fabric: These are pretty much the most different you can get from each other in terms of a "regular" pair of jeans... Iron Heart encapsulates sanforized and Flat Head unsanforized.

Iron Heart's fabric is very smooth, completely uniform, supple, heavy (but not in a way that you feel like it's a gimmick), and cool too the touch (in my head). You're not going to see huge variations in the way the denim fades, it's more even light blue areas (thighs, pockets, etc) and regular dark areas. It's also treated with a coating that keeps it from fading, but it still fades fine.... You can size this easier because it's only going to stretch from the point you get it, but not a bunch. If it's loose it's not going to stretch on you, if it's tight it will accommodate. Example:

FE1081AB-8747-46A9-A04C-EF628A9459FA_zps

Flat Head's fabric is dry feeling, stiff, kind of like cardboard when you first get it. It's pretty hairy too, but you're not going to feel weird bumps on the fabric like with oni or strike gold or whatever. Where it really shines is once you're worn it for a few months. Provided you've washed it enough, it gets super awesome streaks of lines as a result of the uneven warp threads. Here's a perfect example of the pioneer (3xxx) denim:

Hbv9WXb.jpg

BHddimN.jpg

Details: Iron Heart is sewn up with polycotton thread I guess less accurate but stronger than all cotton thread, which flat head is sewn up with. Although, now flat head has changed to have double stitched parts on front and back pockets, one line of cotton and one line of polycotton... flat head uses pure iron buttons, iron heart uses something that doesn't feel as nice but i couldn't tell you what it is.

Durability: They are both fine and will last as much as any other pair. for all that's been said about sanforized being more durable, polycotton being more durable, I can say that that's probably true but my unsanforized-as-fuck cotton-stitched flat heads have lasted me longer without a crotch blowout than my iron hearts because they were sized loose enough. The stitching on the flat heads goes quick though, although i think it looks good and you can just restitch it easily.

Iron Hearts feel like new heavy duty jeans and what they have done with their 21 oz fabric is impressive. Flat heads feel like you just bought a jean from the 50's that combines the best elements of the 30's, 40's, 50's and amps it up to 11 on the beautiful scale. I like my flat heads better...

Fuck me that took forever, hope that helps!