THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Help me choose my next pair of denim!

I've been wearing Strike Gold 3105 (size 36) the last year and a half or so and like the fit but am looking for something slightly slimmer for my next pair of jeans. I am considering the RJB 106bsp, FH 1001/3001, or Samurai 710/0500x... Does anyone have any experience between those and can make a recommendation?

Thinking about a new pair of denim for the coming colder months - Iron Heart 666. Either the IH-666-XHS or the IH-666-UHR. I'm leaning towards the 25oz denim, just 'cuz it's 25oz, and really dark. Some of the pics of the UHR color throws me off.

I'm thinking of a size 34, as these are narrower in the thigh. I've got standard IH-634S 21oz in 34, and when I got them I was a bit bigger they fit great. But now I've lost some size overall, and they're a bit too big. So my thinking is since the 666 are slimmer than the 634, the 34 should be pretty good for me now. 

I know size kinda depends on which denim I go with. Which denim will stretch out more and settle after long term wear? Cheers! mpp

I've been wearing my 666-xhs' since january and i love them. They've stood up amazingly well considering what I've put them through, and are still going strong except for a few burn holes that I'm planning on having fixed soon. The IH 25oz denim is probably my favorite denim of all time. They're not super fast to fade, but you can get some very nice contrast with time.

I also have a pair of 1955-uhr's, which are also very nice, but the uhr denim seems to fade much faster in my opinion. I've been wearing these every day to work for the last month and a half or so, and they've almost faded as much as my 666-xhs' in the thigh/ knee area. This is only since mid-august.

The quality/longevity of each denim seems to be pretty close in terms of durability, breathability, softness. My 666's are probably a little softer but considering how much I've worn & washed them, it's to be expected.

The 55's and the 666's are pretty different in cut, but for what it's worth, I wear a 34 in both. The uhr denim seems like it stretches out a little faster than the xhs.

I think you'd be happy with either, but like I said, the 666-xhs's are probably my favorite jeans of all time.

Thanks for the response, RD. Much appreciated. 

Have you found the XHS denim to stretch much? 

Still undecided on size... 33 or 34... 

IH 555-01 or Rogue Territory SK?

I really want something heavier weight, which is where the IH's would be better, but the RT's have an overall slimmer fit, and I'm super skinny. Any other heavyweight skinny denim recommendations would be great

IH 555-01 or Rogue Territory SK?

I really want something heavier weight, which is where the IH's would be better, but the RT's have an overall slimmer fit, and I'm super skinny. Any other heavyweight skinny denim recommendations would be great

I've heard RTs are solid but I'd have to go with the Iron Hearts. That being said, I'd go with the 555-02s instead of the 555-01s. Nicer denim IMO. Take a look in the Iron Heart Thread for Nizzel55s pair. Same denim, different fit.  But as a side note, you're not gonna get many true skinny fits in heavy weight denim. They're already tough to break in and the skinnier fit could make it a nightmare. The only real option is sizing down on one of the slimmer fits but that can be risky. And painful.  

Those are more of a skinny straight kind of fit with a slight taper. The tapered version is actually a bit slimmer in the lower leg. Only skinnier part about them are the thighs. And when he mentioned skinny I was thinking more along the lines of some naked and famous super skinny guys or anything slimmer than a grim tim from nudie. For fits like those you'd have a hard time finding some heavy weight options. 

Thanks for the response, RD. Much appreciated.

Have you found the XHS denim to stretch much?

Still undecided on size... 33 or 34...

it's hard for me to say, really. i've lost about 10 pounds since i started wearing them, so i feel like mine haven't stretched very much. but i'd say about an inch in the waist - same as they say on the sizing guide.

i'm not sure what all jeans you've owned, but i've had samurais (710 and s5000's), and flat head se05bsp's, and i'm also a 34 in those, although i could probably comfortably wear a 35 in the sams. 33 in nudie grim tims & apc new standards. i think i'm a 34 in levi's 501's but i haven't worn a pair in several years so not sure about that.

Edited by Rain Dogs

Thank you, hogg! Was thinking of putting Alfred Sargent in there too but didn't see any model that I liked in regards to boots (not looking for grain leather).

I don't know much about either brand (quality) except that Tricker's is apparently getting more well known i.e. collabs, etc.

Yeah I was leaning towards C&J since the burfords toe profile looked a bit too round for my tastes but then saw that apparently a good amount of these online retailers had to use a waiting list of sorts for C&J. Luckily, there seems to be one place that has the Northcote in my size in stock.

I have a few pairs of Alfred Sargents but I don't think any of them are what you're after. The Dumfries are more 'agricultural' like the Trickers Burford and only come in tan. The Howard are more refined but only available in black or a beautiful acorn. It may be worth having a look at Cheaney too.

Ok fellers, I've made my list & checked it twice; started out with about 12 different pairs of jeans and narrowed it down to 3 based on what I wanted (14.5 oz or higher, button fly, 8.5" or smaller leg opening,and at least a 10.5" rise). Here's what I'm trying to decide between:

1. Bybeatle Volume 1

I really like the look of these, especially the way they fade over time. I like the measurements on paper, but I'm worried they might be a bit too slim for my build. I also like that you don't see these everyday, even on here.

2. Samurai s710xx 15th anniversary edition

I've had a pair of these before, back when they were on lot #10 and liked them pretty well. I like the grainy look they get as they fade, too. However, as I've had a pair before, the temptation to try something new is strong.

3. Strike Gold 1109

I've always liked the look of SG jeans allaround. They seem like they have all the bells & whistles while not being TOO flashy. I'm unsure about the rivets, though. Not sure I would want the hardware on my jeans rusting..hmm.

Aaand that's it. Please let me know what you guys think. For anyone who owns/has owned the Vol. 1's - I'd love to hear your input on them, as there's not much feedback to go off of on the forums.

Looking for a pair of slim-tapered black selvedge denim (preferably no-fade), leg opening in the region of 7"-7.5".

Any suggestions?

I always wanted a pair of Iron Heart 301s-07BK's but missed the boat on them sadly.....

Thanks

If you want something black that doesn't fade you could always try out PBJ's line of black denim that doesn't fade like your typical denim.

Ok fellers, I've made my list & checked it twice; started out with about 12 different pairs of jeans and narrowed it down to 3 based on what I wanted (14.5 oz or higher, button fly, 8.5" or smaller leg opening,and at least a 10.5" rise). Here's what I'm trying to decide between:

1. Bybeatle Volume 1

I really like the look of these, especially the way they fade over time. I like the measurements on paper, but I'm worried they might be a bit too slim for my build. I also like that you don't see these everyday, even on here.

2. Samurai s710xx 15th anniversary edition

I've had a pair of these before, back when they were on lot #10 and liked them pretty well. I like the grainy look they get as they fade, too. However, as I've had a pair before, the temptation to try something new is strong.

3. Strike Gold 1109

I've always liked the look of SG jeans allaround. They seem like they have all the bells & whistles while not being TOO flashy. I'm unsure about the rivets, though. Not sure I would want the hardware on my jeans rusting..hmm.

Aaand that's it. Please let me know what you guys think. For anyone who owns/has owned the Vol. 1's - I'd love to hear your input on them, as there's not much feedback to go off of on the forums.

Sorry for the late reply. I've had the Vol. 1. The denim, fabric and construction is awesome. I sized up from 34 to 36 but still found the rise & hip nit Fitting me the way I wanted, so I had to let them go. If you think they fit you - they are a good purchase. You can't go wrong with the other models, but they're always available.

Fits are totally different, LVC 47s are slim and the Canes are a full, looser more representative 40s cut. The Canes are also a heavier 14oz denim, whilst the LVC are probably around 12. I'd go for the Canes.

To echo Maynard, you should definitely go for the Sugar Cane 1947. Size them so that the waist is somewhat tight upon first wear (they will stretch out) and you can achieve a really nice fit that is certainly vintage style but not necessarily loose, owing to the straight cut through the hips. Personally, I love my pair: a no-frills classic that looks great whatever the shape of the wearer.

Without having experience with the Kapital I would say OOE Yofukuten. Everytime. I am a happy owner of the pair in question

Thank you for the recommendation, b_F . i actually own ooe 4301xx , which is one of my favorites and initially planned to get my first kapital (cisco) , but after lookin at the pics and review of the new OA02 , im not sure anymore what to get ... maybe they are not good comparison, but can only pick 1 of them, not both .. thanks anw

For the sake of diversity, take the Kapital :)

Since you already own a pair of OOE you know everything there is to know about Ryo&Hiro and their brand. You know what you would get craftmanship-wise. Of course the denim is different on the pair you are eyeing.

Kapital won't let you down either. I dunno, how similar are the cuts? The denim is surely different.