THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to buy some plain black Saint Laurent jeans, I prefer my jeans to have skintight fit and i was just wondering if anyone could help me to choose which jeans i should buy to get the skinnier fit.

http://www.farfetch.com/fi/shopping/men/saint-laurent/items.aspx#ps=2&pv=60&oby=5

These are the measurements for these top ones in my size.

Waist: 37cm

Inside leg: 86cm
Outer leg: 111.5cm
Leg Opening: 15.5cm
Thigh: 25.5cm
Front rise: 27cm

http://www.farfetch.com/fi/shopping/men/saint-laurent-skinny-jeans-item-10751966.aspx?storeid=9274&ffref=lp_18_

But i've contacted to 3 different sites asking measurements of these bottom jeans and these are the measurements i've got, they're all very different and I dont know which site to believe.

SSENSE
Waist: 38 cm
Rise: 25cm
Inside leg: 85cm
Leg opening: 16cm

Matchesfashion
thigh: 22 cm
hip: 42 cm
waist: 35 cm
front rise: 25 cm
inside leg: 59 cm
half hem opening: 15 cm

Luisaviaroma

Waist: 37 cm
Rise: 25 cm
Thigh: 27 cm
Inseam: 88 cm
Hem: 14 cm

^ I've ordered stuff from all of those places in the past and while it's true to say they know their fashion they are not in any way denim experts.

They are probably using different ways of measuring the jeans as there are a few different techniques.

Find a link for measuring jeans and send it to each place asking them to measure using the guide you send. Then you should have a more accurate comparison.

Bear in mind also that each pair will have slight variations so a (slight) difference from pair to pair is to be expected.

Edit: don't forget to measure a pair of your own jeans using the same method you send to give you a control set of measurements to compare against.

Edited by Artisandenim

Looking to get a winter coat: field jacket style or deck jacket style? Any recommendations in either style for under 800? Lost out on Mister Freedom's deck coat on ebay, so now I'm looking for some options retail. If you've got any suggestions that aren't in those styles, I'm open to those as well, just can't afford anything over 800 (absolute max).

You guys, I want a new pair but can't decide what to get.

I'm semi committed to the fullcunt special run, but it's mostly for the 0105 cut as I've never been completely romanced by fullcount denim or details, though this denim is yet to be seen and could change my mind.

Then there's warehouse 800 or 1001, which I really can't get out of my mind. I've never had warehouse either and I'm probably most intrigued by these on an emotional level, but am a bit skeptical of the fit on these.

Then there's the mister freedom Californian lot 64 or Okinawa which are totally awesome in all the details and denim, but again I think the 0105 will be a better fit.

So, can anybody give me some reasons to get one or the other that I haven't considered, or at least let me see it from another perspective?

P.s. I've also considered the ooe oax01, the Denime xx type, and the saturation 0500x, but lets not make things too complicated

Looking to get a winter coat: field jacket style or deck jacket style? Any recommendations in either style for under 800? Lost out on Mister Freedom's deck coat on ebay, so now I'm looking for some options retail. If you've got any suggestions that aren't in those styles, I'm open to those as well, just can't afford anything over 800 (absolute max).

Freewheelers (hickorees) and McCoys (BiG) have n1 that fit the bill. Considering one of these myself.

So a Levi's 501 STF in size 31x34 would fit me perfectly. 

I'm looking at this Levi's on ebay it's a 1947 special edition?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Levis-501-special-edition-LVC-engraved-30X34-Classic-with-certificate-and-tags-/261559937204?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item3ce62fe8b4

I don't think it's LVC but I contacted the seller and asked a few questions and he/she responded with this:

width is 30 and length is 34. I'm not sure if the jeans are unsanforized or Sanforized since i never wear or wash it. It said 100% cotton on the tag.

I don't think he/she actually measured with a ruler or measuring tape and just read the label, so should I assume vanity sizing? Do you think it's sanforized? Would they shrink up in the wash? What do you guys think?

Need something with a bit more crotch room. I have 3 pairs of N&F WG but they won't last for work-wear. where I'll be bending, squatting and stretchig a lot. I was looking into the SLIM GUY fit does it have a higher raise than WG?

Greetings, any suggestions would be appreciated. I am obsessing about my first pair of denim. Trying to choose between SDA 103 and Eternal 883. I think i have ruled out the Oni 20 oz. I like the idea of the denim staying nice and dark for a while before the fades set in. If the PBJ's were available at Denimio (in a style that would fit) I would go that route. Can't quite make the jump past the $230 price point.

I havn't handled Eternal but I can say I like my SDA a lot. I've worn them for about 4-5 months and washed them once (except the initial wash) and they're still very dark and hardly show any fades. Really stubborn denim that turns out sublime if you stick with it.

Having owned both, I can confirm that SDA and Eternal are both beautiful denims in their own right. They are comparable weights (15 v 14.5oz) and very dark but the similarities end there. SDA is very smooth and uniform denim, Eternal has a slightly more raised texture, which will give rise to amazing vertical falling; Eternals will probably also have a little more stretch or 'give' to them. My advice would be to go with the preferred cut, failing that, decide whether you want smooth or textured denim.

Thanks Bobbo and Maynard for the advice. I have been learning about raw denim for a little while and I am very eager to get a pair. I have seen a couple of negative comments about the workmanship on the eternals. Maynard, do you think the over all quality is similar from both brands? 

Thanks guys for helping out the noob!

Thinking about a new pair of denim for the coming colder months - Iron Heart 666. Either the IH-666-XHS or the IH-666-UHR. I'm leaning towards the 25oz denim, just 'cuz it's 25oz, and really dark. Some of the pics of the UHR color throws me off.

I'm thinking of a size 34, as these are narrower in the thigh. I've got standard IH-634S 21oz in 34, and when I got them I was a bit bigger they fit great. But now I've lost some size overall, and they're a bit too big. So my thinking is since the 666 are slimmer than the 634, the 34 should be pretty good for me now. 

I know size kinda depends on which denim I go with. Which denim will stretch out more and settle after long term wear? Cheers! mpp