singapore shopping

emiliowang

far east plaza has a couple of little interesting shops, sneaker stores on a few of the idfferent levels, i forget the names but you just have wander around, you really cant miss em. one shop in there , radioactive, sells shirts, i believe its a malaysian brand.

a couple blocks away theres another mall which name escapes me, anyway its where the big HMV is, the top floors have some interesting shops also..

sorry i being so vague, the names escape me as of right now..

oh and be sure to get some magnolia sweet corn ice cream from the street vendors - bangin!

wha?http://www.livejournal.com/users/dorien/

most shops in far east plaza sell cheap china/hongkong/thailand wholesale products. a small handful carry your supremes or bapes. however, word is you have to know your shit if you're going for brand names. apparently some shops carry fakes and sell them for real. there's the whole fake von dutch collection there if you're interested. if you're not too much of a shopaholic, it'd be just interesting to take a look see as it's one of the rare shopping malls in singapore with it's own unique energy.

the other mall with the name that escapes Ryan is "The Heeren" where HMV is the anchor tenant. that's the place to go for if you wanna check out some of the independant labels in singapore. the labels they house range from more high end local labels like blueprint, MU and sunny ang to more street labels like fourskin, instant karma and flesh imp.

have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

sneaker stores worth checking out : leftfoot, parallel and sneak attack at far east plaza and limited edt at queensway sc.

clothing stores worth checking out : blackjack at forum, ambush and surrender at far east plaza. yea, i used to live there for several years.

• 2 weeks later...

bargain prices will get u predominantly dodgy china/thai wears.

Still u could check out the heeren for great local labels here. labels like forskin, instant karma, blueprint... all good stuff.

sneakers wise try leftfoot in far east. Anything else would be slightly dodgy.

• 1 month later...

well it depends on wat u look for. my 2 cents:

Streetwear

Ambush, Surrender, Sidewalk at Far East.

Stussy is at Pacific Plaza.

Sneakers

Leftfoot

I work opposite from Queensway Shopping, just went there this week not much. Mainstream stuff.

Hi Fashion

Club21 Mens at Hilton/ Four Seasons.

Mid

BlackJack at Forum besides Hilton.

post. http://www.post.fm

DESIGN. ART. MUSIC. SINGAPORE. BROADCASTS.