SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

hi here's TCB fan number one on sufu!

either TCB 50's or 60's are absolutely great, you can check out measurements on the TCB online shop, they're post soak and accurate.

I also second Denimbridge reccomendation! he's about too come up with a new cinchback model, Denimbridge Antique, very promising...

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm checking out TCB as we type, their online shop and Denimio both show the models - pricing is good too.

Denimbridge seems interesting too, will have to find out about the ordering process.

Welcome back! Where have you been man?

orSlow would also be a new-ish brand which isn't too known yet.

And Warehosue or Full Count are still going strong on Sufu.

In general, the more subtle brands are rising again and brands like PBJ, Oni or Samurai are less active around these parts (my personal feeling)

Boncoura is also getting some interest in here too mikecch.

Funny you mention...just bought a pair of their 66 on sale. The Japanese RRP was a bit higher than I expected.

Looks clean and well made :)

Had a look into Denim Bridge too. I dig it. Kinda reminds me of Roy.

Will have to e-mail the guy soon.

In general, the more subtle brands are rising again and brands like PBJ, Oni or Samurai are less active around these parts (my personal feeling)

Hey b_F, long time! 

Started full-time work and mortgage payments in 2012...took away lots of time & money.

Still been wearing denims and leathers though...have worn through enough of my stockpile of jeans to warrant looking into the hobby again :)

I'll look into orSlow too. Funny name.

Hey b_F, long time! 

Started full-time work and mortgage payments in 2012...took away lots of time & money.

Still been wearing denims and leathers though...have worn through enough of my stockpile of jeans to warrant looking into the hobby again :)

I'll look into orSlow too. Funny name.

Wow! ... Yeah, welcome back !

You need to post evos of your jawns, when u get the chance, man ... the [leather] threads had shriveled up & dried out w/o your wisdom & guidance to nurture & condition ;)

Yeah, interesting how brands go up and down in popularity, and what forums they're popular on.  Using the example of WH, there's probably just as much interest in that brand at denimbro as here, but conversation seems to be pretty much centered here. And while the Mister Freedom thread used to hop here, that conversation has moved to DB.  

Well, outside of London in Guildford, actually. I figure there's not much to do there, though.  :P

There's some really nice hiking/rambling to be done around the Guildford area. I used to go out to Surrey for walks quite a lot when I lived in southwest London. For example:

http://www.walkingclub.org.uk/book_1/walk_14/index.shtml

http://www.walkingclub.org.uk/book_1/walk_27/index.shtml (this one is really beautiful)

Going to Italy for my honeymoon next week.  Spending most of it in southern italy on the Almafi coast (Positano), and wrapping it up in Rome.  Going to do lots of exploring but wondering if anyone had any suggestions for interesting denim/shoes/menswear shops?

bottiglieria store in Rome is nice, they stock some of the new coming Italian brands, like Scarti Lab, who makes lovely heritage style shirts and vests.

natovintagestyle in via scandriglia for leather goods, leather watch straps and belts.

I need to resole my Moc toes but want to put something on that will last longer than the standard sole. 

Any suggestions or examples

i did a quick photoshop of some serra 1276's

what  do you think?

xWi2wnq.jpg

Edited by spitfiredealer

What do you guys think about Role Club's Engineers? I love how they look and understand that it's a one man operation so costs should be high, but is it worth paying at that price for CXL (whether horsehide or steerhide)?

Anyone have any suggestions for some Japanese brands that make good lightweight rain jackets?

Well I guess they don't need to be Japanese, just denim-friendly brands that we discuss around here.

I've come to realize most of the jackets I own are too heavy to wear whenever we get rained on here in the spring/summer.

@spitfiredealer: Looks good! From what I've heard, Lactae Hevea soles are some of the hardest-wearing in the world, and they look quite similar to the above as well. Perhaps they would be good to check out!

@Broark: possibly sassafras? It's not entirely "modern" styling but I have one of their wind/rain jackets and it's great. EG would be great too, as previously suggested.

Edited by chicote

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic