SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Hey SuFu, long time no see. I had a quick question regarding insoles for my boots.

I just bought a pair of Red Wing 2979's - Engineer Boots - and am needing some insoles for them. They're a bit roomy, which is what I was aiming for, as I have a wide foot. I went TTS, and with insoles, I think they'll be a perfect fit. Does anybody have any suggestions for good quality insoles that won't break my wallet?

Edited by Rain Dogs

Hey SuFu, long time no see. I had a quick question regarding insoles for my boots.

I just bought a pair of Red Wing 2979's - Engineer Boots - and am needing some insoles for them. They're a bit roomy, which is what I was aiming for, as I have a wide foot. I went TTS, and with insoles, I think they'll be a perfect fit. Does anybody have any suggestions for good quality insoles that won't break my wallet?

Go back to Red Wing and get their heat moldable insoles. They're a little thick so they likely would be perfect. I wore these insoles in my red wing construction boots every day for a year (doing construction). For someone with bad feet I was in heaven

The left back pocket of my Flatheads has this tiny little snag that's slowly getting bigger:

boshHi6l.jpg

I have no idea where it comes from, it's not from my phone (the only thing I regularly put in that pocket, I checked and no edge is sitting where that hole develops when it's in the pocket). 

I'd really like to do something about it before it becomes a thing, I thought about using a drop of superglue to hold the threads in place and stop the hole from getting bigger - any better ideas? :)

It's hard to tell exactly from the image what it is. I'm not all that familiar with Flat Head's stuff (only checked it out on a couple of opportunities in person) either, so I can't say if it's a torn spot of slub. My guess is you maybe sat on something with an edge or point that caught a thread or something? At this point it still seems so minimal. I would leave it be though, and if it really keeps getting bigger (instead of just getting a little more noticeable), consider darning the area

Thanks, yeah, I'll try to box it in with a few stitches :)

Think that's the Carnaby Street store Cucoo.

Edit - soz mate, that store might now be closed. Son Of A Stag carry Lee heritage.

Btw yeah, it's closed and it's a Replay store now :( Doesn't matter though, I did spend enough money as it was, I also didn't even walk into the LVC store that's right around the corner :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mildblend has some nice looking jeans by a company called Freenote (granted some that I would like to get are sold out).  I assume they are not junk as the company also sells Momotaro and Left Field, but does anyone have any experience with their jeans?  How well they are made, fit, fade, etc.?

Thank you Garden Gnomes (great moniker) - In regards to Freenote, did you see the stuff they did for Mildblend, especially the selvedge with wool nep and horween patches that came in both black and blue (both warp and weft)?

Edited by babydials

i just checked it out.  Looks very cool.  Im more of a traditionalist, but the look of those is pretty nice.  I like how they are not afraid to use contrasting materials for pocket bags, and tape the seams.  Makes for a very clean look.  Standard and Strange has their stuff too and its a brand I make sure to check out when i swing by.  I think its fairly priced and the quality of construction and details is high, if not higher than many other brands

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic