SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

So I'v e had a pair of IH633s for about a year now. I've started losing some substantial weight and now they are starting to feel like my dads levis 505s. Would washing and drying them shrink them up enough? or should i just apply for another scholarship and buy a new pair? 

You could try a time machine. Just set the destination to the "arse end of the 1980s". Alternatively ask any 14-yr old girl in London, as they all seem to be wearing these too.

Maynard,

Cool. Thanks, dick. 

The photo was a shitty reference but i'll be sure to take style advice from a forum member. 

Sugar Member, thanks for that, i'll take a look into the warehouse stuff. 

best value for money in a loopwheeled shirt? Also what kind of construction details should you look for in a high quality shirt?  Thinking of upgrading my tee-shirt game i'm located in Canada. i've tried out Our Lady White, 3sixteen, and Iron Heart, and a SDA baseball tee. Our Lady White was probably my favourite in terms of fit, wearing a size small gives me a nice and slim fit. the new stevenson looks really nice but im not about to drop 160CAD on a tee(http://www.selfedge.com/stevenson-overall-co?product_id=1494). i've heard good things about barns. and this strike gold tee looks pretty ideal in terms of pricing http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/klax-on/item/sgt006/.  thanks in advance

I rarely post on forums, and feel like i always have to re-learn how to post inline images. can someone please DM me or link me to the how-to thread, (it didn't show up in the help forum search) so i can post some evo pics?

Can you link from flickr? it didn't seem to work when i tried. 

the 2mb of space in the super future galleries isn't very much. ran out quick.

thank you in advance! if not no worries. i'm sure we'll all live.

I rarely post on forums, and feel like i always have to re-learn how to post inline images. can someone please DM me or link me to the how-to thread, (it didn't show up in the help forum search) so i can post some evo pics?

use www.imgur.com

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/4101-iron-heart-jeans/page-375#entry3206633

best value for money in a loopwheeled shirt? Also what kind of construction details should you look for in a high quality shirt?  Thinking of upgrading my tee-shirt game i'm located in Canada. i've tried out Our Lady White, 3sixteen, and Iron Heart, and a SDA baseball tee. Our Lady White was probably my favourite in terms of fit, wearing a size small gives me a nice and slim fit. the new stevenson looks really nice but im not about to drop 160CAD on a tee(http://www.selfedge.com/stevenson-overall-co?product_id=1494). i've heard good things about barns. and this strike gold tee looks pretty ideal in terms of pricing http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/klax-on/item/sgt006/.  thanks in advance

Sorry I'm late on this.  I find Strike Gold to be about the best you can get if you import them from Japan.  The fit is pretty decent, the neck is amazing and the fabric is great.  They're by far my favorite.  But I will warn that you have to size up.  I'm a Small in basically all USA brands but I require a Large in TSG and honestly I may go to an XL my next go around.

I haven't tried TSG yet, but I think there's not match for Flat Head Tees. The fabric, construction, feel and fit is to me the best out there (too bad I still don't own some). IH is a bit heavier, but the current fits are either too wide or too narrow for me (stuck between M and L) and their detailing is not as unique/Special as on FH. And I hate that their arms are pretty Long and wide - makes you look skinnier than you are.

I've also worn 3 Sixteen Tees a lot, I love their collar and while they're not loopwheeled and get a bit of twist, they held up perfectly for nearly two years now. no holes or problems, the black colour washed out to a nice vintage look. The fit with shorter and slimmer arms is also a nice touch.

I was always contemplating RMC or Stevenson Tees, but I feel like they're pretty expensive for thinner fabric. If I drop a fortune on a tee, I want to get something substantial. As most of my shirts get holes pretty quick, I'm set on heavier fabric.

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Max Power

Yes you can post from flickr, just use the ... code that you get when you open the uploaded picture. (I always cut out the link that is attached to the code, just use the -Part.)

But I miss a tool that gives me those links for multiple pictures. It seems to even have diappeared from Imgur.

Edited by Max Power

I haven't tried TSG yet, but I think there's not match for Flat Head Tees. The fabric, construction, feel and fit is to me the best out there (too bad I still don't own some). IH is a bit heavier, but the current fits are either too wide or too narrow for me (stuck between M and L) and their detailing is not as unique/Special as on FH. And I hate that their arms are pretty Long and wide - makes you look skinnier than you are.

I've also worn 3 Sixteen Tees a lot, I love their collar and while they're not loopwheeled and get a bit of twist, they held up perfectly for nearly two years now. no holes or problems, the black colour washed out to a nice vintage look. The fit with shorter and slimmer arms is also a nice touch.

I was always contemplating RMC or Stevenson Tees, but I feel like they're pretty expensive for thinner fabric. If I drop a fortune on a tee, I want to get something substantial. As most of my shirts get holes pretty quick, I'm set on heavier fabric.

Hope this helps a bit.

This. TFH are the best tshirts I've ever had. If you buy directly from japan they are also great value for money. RMC are nice tshirts too but not on the same level as TFH, much lighter in comparison.

Couple questions to all to assist with my stay in Tokyo in couple months, all helpful advice greatly appreciated.

Firstly, advice on what to wear/pack for May's climate? Bear in mind I'm full body inked (except hands and neck) Are shorts acceptable, is it to hot for jeans, trousers?

Secondly, where to exchange money? Won't do much exchange in the UK before I travel as it's usually benfical to the exchange rate to change there?

Thirdly advice on where to book accommodation around shinjuku, Shibuya? Agoda, booking.com etc are working out quite expensive. Travelling with my wife and daughter so don't want hostels or little box rooms.

You always get the best exchange rate when you use a debit card to withdraw money from an ATM in the country you are visiting. Obviously you also have to take into account your own bank's related transaction fees, but it's still generally cheaper than buying currency from an airport or bank. Most bank ATMs in Tokyo don't charge their own transaction fees, and 7/11 definitely doesn't, so I think using your debit card is the best way to get cash, since the exchange rate you're going to get is more-or-less the inter-bank rate. Of course, if the yen continues to rally like it has been doing these past few weeks, you might want to exchange for some now, just in case.

Hey guys i'm about to make a purchase on 2nd through rakuten, but I dont have a given estimated shipping fee.

It's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger as they specifically state to make a purchase only after the shipping fee is given.

Should i go through the purchase still? and how can I get that estimated shipping fee? Also how was the experience for anyone who has bought through them?

I'm new to buying from them any word is helpful. And btw i live in the united states, specifically northern california bay area.

Thanks

I think so, there is a significant difference between say a 13" thigh on a pair with a 11.5" rise compared to a pair with a 10.5" rise.

How would the thighs get tighter with a lower rise?

Also if I'm wearing it on my hips it should need more room in the waist right? Compared to a little higher up?

If you wore both pairs at the same spot on your hips, the higher rise pair would sag a little so that where they hit your thighs would in effect be an inch further up on the jeans, where they are usually roomier. Hard to explain but try it in practice and you'll see. I have direct experience but I'll leave it to you to believe me or not.

KrisB, they usually will send you a confirmation of the order and then another confirming the cost of shipping and basically ask you if the price is okay.

So you place the order, they send you a confirmation with the shipping price and you give it the ok and then they ship it out to you.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic