SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Yep, it is pretty common to oil/wax it. Leather care products like you would use for boots. And don't wash the jeans too hot!

Edit: oh you meant paperpatch..ok, never mind :D

Well, I dunno. I don't think think waxing it would help much. Would paper need wax/oil? Wabisabi, just let it desintegrate :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

So all this 66 hype has drawn my attention to Denime's 66. Looking around measurements are sort of all over the place. Which seller has the best measurements?

Here is the measurements for my Denime 66 in size 31. I bought them raw from Pants-shop-avenue so the first measurements should be raw measurements that I found on a note, the second is after a 40 degree wash. Measurements are in centimeters BiG style.

Waist (aligned): 43,5 - 41

Inseam: 95,5 - 86

Thigh: 29 - 27,5

Front rise: 29,5 - 28

Back rise: 38 - 36

Hem: 21,5 - 20,5

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere but something I have never been sure about over the years is the cause of leg twists. I have always assumed it was due to the way the fabric is woven but have never read or heard a definitive answer. Could they be caused by walking or the way one sits? Just curious. Thanks for the info!

No. You're correct. It's based on the weave of the fabric

Anyone know of a non-washed heavy, >15 oz, type II jacket?

edit* Need a 44/46. don't know what size i need. Whatever is similar to an American XL

Edited by bigblack

Has anyone run into this problem? I just bought a pair of 710xx and had the store I purchased them from hem/chainstitch. I took a closer look and the bottom of the denim is split. How hard is this to fix? I'm not sure how the store I bought it from will respond, but it may not be worth it to ship back to JP if they request I front the shipping cost.

ztu349.jpg

Edited by QQandA

Has anyone run into this problem? I just bought a pair of 710xx and had the store I purchased them from hem/chainstitch. I took a closer look and the bottom of the denim is split. How hard is this to fix? I'm not sure how the store I bought it from will respond, but it may not be worth it to ship back to JP if they request I front the shipping cost.

ztu349.jpg

I had that happen to my earth model. Just get it rehemmed if your in the US.

Does anyone have any experience or threads.. on overdying?  I'm looking to overdye a pair of NEW jeans black but I want them impermanent like indigo is.

You know how Self Edge had those overdyed ironhearts that ended up fading really nicely?  Any ideas on how to do this in a home garage settings?

Edited by givemefive

^ you can find some photos and a little info in the process involved in the Tender co thread. Though it's not extensive you could possibly pm rodeo bill, i'm sure he will help you out as they do alot of overdyes with woad, logwood etc.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic