SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

any pointers re a good shop to buy sugarcane 66 in raw state? I'm after good communication in English as well possibly.. need to double check measurements and make sure to either get a 34 or 36. thks

yeah I'd love to try it out, it's as I like it to be, not too loose not too tight.

true 60's cuts are great as they work for me with just any kind of outfit.

oddly enough SC66 measurements are all over the place, very different from one seller to another, and also one wash measurements are so different from raw measurements.

I've lost a good bit of weight as of late so I'd like to try out a 34 raw but need to take my time and check out measurements against some other pairs I have, do some homework before pulling the trigger. the fact that very few people actualy have worn this 66 cut makes me eager to try it out! Denim looks fantabolous!

thanks Hoggy.

Dr House created a thread comparing LVC66 and SC66, probably 4-5 years ago, I think it was on this forum. Worth a read.

Here it is: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/113323-66-diary-lvc-vs-sugar-canes/?hl=%2Blvc66#entry2292864

I think bod had some SC66 too.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Restoring leather shoes -

I recently got a pretty nice pair of old shoes from a thrift store in Europe. The leather seems to be faded on one of the shoes, like it was left out in the sun. I've been attempting to use brown shoe polish to even out the color on the other shoe - but as you can see the color is still off. I figured I'd keep applying polish but not sure if the color will ever even out...

I want to restore it - should I take it to a professional to dye it? I believe my cobbler uses some sort of spray shoe dye, I think a meltonian spray, or is there anything I can do myself? I'm concerned about the shoe dye ruining the patina or character of the shoe, or giving it a plasticized look. 

Cb0WBM4.jpg

Edited by brainmonster

I will be in Tokyo during Golden Week, at the end of April, and I really want to buy a pair of jeans while I am there. The only problem I am having is that I have no idea what to get, lol. Is there something I should consider, maybe because I can only get it there or something special?

Any advice? Thanks

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic