SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

So I'm starting to stock up on tees for the upcoming summer. How do Left Field's tees stand against 3sixteen's? I got a medium in 3sixteen off of ebay and it's a great shirt but it turned out to be too short. I'm about 6'3 so I'm wary of anything Japanese since it'd probably be too short, but I think it's time I took a step up from kirkland lol. 

@sigur ros: that is the infinity gauntlet used by the character thanos who is in various marvel comic series.

@zack I have left field tees in Medium and 3sixteen tees in Large and both have been washed and machined dryed and came out about the same length; I use them as undershirts because they are fairly short.

got a new pair of jeans which have this small hole. It's the size of a pencil tip. What do you think the likelyhood of this getting worse is? I would imagine not very likely since its not a highpoint of friction or should i do something to repair it?

Y09OQtu.jpg

New pair with a hole in would be getting returned in my opinion! Unless heavily discounted then I'd get darned to hide it 

I bought it knowing the hole was in it AND at a SEVERE discount which was extremely worth  it. They only made 50 pairs of the denim in 2011 so its crazy i have a deadstock pair.

Hello All- would appreciate newb assistance on finding a fit that suits.  Essentially, Im looking for something with the quality denim of an Iron Heart 633S, but with a longer rise (12 or larger) and a straight leg that is not less then just under say 9" at a 35-36 waist. Initial thoughts were maybe a

samuari 510x ?

Orslow 105  ?

Basically trying to get a higher rise without venturing into total grampa, hip flair territory.  I have tried the older SC 1947, but they definitely had flair..... would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions, that are ideally not run of the mill sanfordized cone.   Full Count maybe?

Thanks

Edited by kbuzz

can I get a fit check on these? flat head SE05BSP, size 32. hot washed and drip dried twice but still have extra material below the back pockets. tried one size down with the same treatment but they were a bit tight in the crotch...These look too loose to me though, IMO. starting to think it's just not the cut for me.

IMG_6283.JPG

ls there a thread on how people stare or hang their denim , iv scrolled back about 18 pages and didn't find anything .

Just wondering as not everyones partner gets it and gives you enough space in the wardrobe .

It has been mentioned in other threads here and there but there are a few different methods. I used to feel protective of my creases and lay my pair underneath my bed as this was out of the way and did not involve any folding. Nowadays i just hang multiple pairs by the belt loop behind my door. (I have never had any break.) Alternatively you could leave your belt in them and hang by that.

I'm hanging mine behind a bedroom door as well , I'm lucky iv got solid timber doors , my old place had core filled doors and the weight of the denim would have pulled the screws out before the denim gave way .

I'd be interested in seeing other peoples set ups , I think what iv done looks kind of kooky .

Mate, I bought an extendable heavy duty stand alone clothes rail and a bunch of large stainless steel butchers S hooks. Hang my denim from the rear or side belt loop and all is good. It tucks away nicely in an alcove in our spare room so no complaints from the Mrs!

I use one of those over the door clothes hangers that are designed to hold multiple clothes hangers and then hang my jeans of them with S hooks through the belt loops 

ls there a thread on how people stare or hang their denim , iv scrolled back about 18 pages and didn't find anything .

Just wondering as not everyones partner gets it and gives you enough space in the wardrobe .

I can't recall which one of these threads you'll find it in but Louisbosco, b_F and I think it was a few more that showed pictures of their set up. I will be going with something similar to Artisandenim when I move to a new flat in a month or two, though I'm thinking of finding neat hangers instead of hooks, we'll see.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/1259-how-many-pairs-of-jeans-do-you-own/page-51#entry3120631

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/13299-lets-see-what-youve-got/page-28#entry3146532

I honestly think they look great. Definitely more of a slim straight cut but I think it's good man

thanks. I only hemmed them to 35" before the soak but I guess I still chopped off part of the taper. Decided to just wear them and live with it!

Also, for anyone who's bought a pair, the excess material hanging from your hips will go away...eventually...

I'm hanging mine behind a bedroom door as well , I'm lucky iv got solid timber doors , my old place had core filled doors and the weight of the denim would have pulled the screws out before the denim gave way .

I'd be interested in seeing other peoples set ups , I think what iv done looks kind of kooky .

I've tried all kinds of storage from folding to hanging on S-Hooks to hangers. Actually it doesn't matter much, all Jeans will get back in shape real quick if you wear them. And if you don't, it doesn't matter anyway. But it sure is nice to have them hanging on a rail. Best Thing: upgrade to a new closet so you and the missus are happy. That's what I just did.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/13299-lets-see-what-youve-got/page-28#entry3146532

Edited by Max Power

Quick question regarding why certain denim stretches more than others.  For example, I have a pair of Roy KS1002 that I've worn about 20 days in a row -- minimal stretch but not much.  In contrast, my Fullcount 1101 and Warehouse 800 pairs stretch almost immediately after one or two wears.  Is it the density of the denim's weave that determines this more than the weight?

Quick question regarding why certain denim stretches more than others.  For example, I have a pair of Roy KS1002 that I've worn about 20 days in a row -- minimal stretch but not much.  In contrast, my Fullcount 1101 and Warehouse 800 pairs stretch almost immediately after one or two wears.  Is it the density of the denim's weave that determines this more than the weight?

I'm not as knowledgeable as some but I was under the impression that it had to do with the staple length of certain cottons, e.g. pima (long staple) vs texas (short staple) in addition to weave tension (slack vs. tight weave) of the denim.

Edited by lysosome

I've tried all kinds of storage from folding to hanging on S-Hooks to hangers. Actually it doesn't matter much, all Jeans will get back in shape real quick if you wear them. And if you don't, it doesn't matter anyway. But it sure is nice to have them hanging on a rail. Best Thing: upgrade to a new closet so you and the missus are happy. That's what I just did.

I've always just folded mine and put them in my dresser I threw a bit of the silicate gel pacs in the dresser to ensure nothing gets too funky.

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere but something I have never been sure about over the years is the cause of leg twists. I have always assumed it was due to the way the fabric is woven but have never read or heard a definitive answer.   Could they be caused by walking or the way one sits?  Just curious.  Thanks for the info!

^^^^ I know a lot of purists say this adds character to you're jeans but if it got really bad on a pair of mine I'd be put off wearing them any more and would probably never buy that brand again . When I look at through the evo photos I make a mental list of the brands that get really bad twist and would probably not want to buy them .

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere but something I have never been sure about over the years is the cause of leg twists. I have always assumed it was due to the way the fabric is woven but have never read or heard a definitive answer.   Could they be caused by walking or the way one sits?  Just curious.  Thanks for the info!

It's the twill pulling on the outseam. RHT will pull inward (forwards?) usually and LHT will pull outward. Also tapered models tend to get it more especially if they're unsanf. Not caused by users unless you superheat your denim for some reason.

Thanks mp201!  I figured as much.  I am starting to develope some serious twisting on the right leg of a pair of Unbranded 210z jeans. The selvage seam is now almost at the front of the leg after a hand wash.  They are LHT. 

Yep, that sounds right for LHT.

Edit: my post wasn’t very informative…

So the topic “leg twist†has been discussed nearly countless times and if you simply google “leg twist†you will find plenty of websites addressing that topic. But to make it easier, read this article by Paul T which I think gives you the best background:

http://loomstate.blogspot.de/2013/01/the-twisted-truth-leg-twist.html

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

^^^^ I know a lot of purists say this adds character to you're jeans but if it got really bad on a pair of mine I'd be put off wearing them any more and would probably never buy that brand again . When I look at through the evo photos I make a mental list of the brands that get really bad twist and would probably not want to buy them .

What's "really bad"?  Resolute type twist (the extreme end IMO), or even something like what you find on a pair of Fullcount/Warehouse/Flat Head?  Funny what puts people off.  After six or seven years of wearing historically minded brands, it's weird to put on a pair of jeans that don't have some leg twist.    

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic