SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

any ways to shrink raw denim without f-ing up the fades?

Just wash your jeans...

I mean honestly there is more to the answer but that's what it boils down to.

Water isn't going to "ruin your sick fadez"

Need help caring for new pair of Jeans. Just got a pair of Naked and Famous Weird Guy, size 32. Sized up because my last pair, PBJ, had a crotch blowout and my mom threw them away (lol) claiming they couldn't be fixed...

She was like, I found this crappy old smelly pair of jeans so I threw them away....NO! lol.

Do these need to be soaked before wearing? I can't tell if they are sanforized or not.

This time I'm dedicated to washing my jeans regularly, I think the regular washing can give them a good appearance, prevent smell, and I think the threads were coming apart due to lack of washing contributing to the crotch blowout. Any other tips appreciated.

Need help caring for new pair of Jeans. Just got a pair of Naked and Famous Weird Guy, size 32. Sized up because my last pair, PBJ, had a crotch blowout and my mom threw them away (lol) claiming they couldn't be fixed...

She was like, I found this crappy old smelly pair of jeans so I threw them away....NO! lol.

Do these need to be soaked before wearing? I can't tell if they are sanforized or not.

This time I'm dedicated to washing my jeans regularly, I think the regular washing can give them a good appearance, prevent smell, and I think the threads were coming apart due to lack of washing contributing to the crotch blowout. Any other tips appreciated.

They're sanforized. Unless they're the 32oz or Okayama Spirit. Now I would obviously recommend breaking them in before washing regularly.

He probably means shrinking a pair that already has been worn. Like, having combs sit higher than before if the jeans are unsanforized and have never hit water before.

^ this. ive broken them in for 2 months already but they stretched a lot. im actually thinking of soaking them

Does anyone have any experience with the Pike Brothers 1944 N1-Deck Jacket? Looking for some sizing help. Or maybe some exact measurements on a size L or XL. Measurements I've found seem to clash with the ones provided on their site. 

Who makes, relaxed tapered jeans (or slim tapered jeans I've sized up I guess), with unsanforized japanese denim ideally made with zimbabwe cotton?

Kinda like an edwin-55 in unsanforised heavy denim

Maybe Momotaro? It sounds like their fabric ticks all those boxes but I'm not super familiar with their cuts,

My weird guys were my first pair of non-std raw denim and I want to get something new this fall now that mine are pretty destroyed.

I've got larger thighs so I generally like the weird guy fit.  I want something with less of a low rise though. Interested in heavier denim cuts. Suggestions? Might just see if I can find anything I like from Iron Heart.

I'm looking to find a jean with as similar a denim as possible to the Helmut lang is this post (from 2007). They are similar to an all time favourite pair I lost many years ago.

4fu6jp4.jpg

Top to bottom, lef to right:

Helmut Lang Bootcut Vintage Wash
BarTack Selvedge - 3 months, no wash
Edwin Yoshi SX - 4.5 months, 5 or 6 washes, my first pair
Helmut Lang Raw - 5 months, no wash, too small now
Sugar Cane Hawaii - 1.5 months, no wash
Pure Blue Japan - 6 months, 1 wash
Flat Head 3003 - couple days, no wash...splittin time between these and the Hawaiis

2z7rkfm.jpg

Wear em till you start having a little lighter blue coming out, and then wash when dirty. After that. Regular washing will help your jeans last longer... I have jeans I've been wearing for 5 to 6 years that still aren't in danger of blowing out crotches or seams. Never put them in the dryer tho... They never come out the same.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with OrSlow denim? Friend of mine is getting them in his shop for SS15 so I ordered a pair of 105 Used in Size 3. I'm a 32 in NS, but size charts on the line sheets and on Bureau and other sites are all different.

I'm about to purchase from Denimio, is there anything I should be aware of in advance? Is there a chance my order will be stuck in customs? Any fees associated with ordering internationally?

I appreciate the help..

I'm about to purchase from Denimio, is there anything I should be aware of in advance? Is there a chance my order will be stuck in customs? Any fees associated with ordering internationally?

I appreciate the help..

Just like triple-check that you have the right-sized item. Customs should be fine and you don't need to pay any fees afaik.

I appreciate the help..

nope, nothing to worry about.  I have bought 2 pairs from them.  

I appreciate the help..

Same here, ordered twice no issues. The custom charges are luck of the draw though, nothing to do with the seller. 

Hey guys, my jeans were offered to be featured at the Okayama Denim Showcase Project. Unfortunately, I do not have a professional camera such as a DLSR and the representative wants more higher quality pictures. All I have is a 10Megapixel camera, I don't know much about picture taking and settings/etc. How do I go about taking more "professional" looking photos of my jeans? How do people take pictures of jeans with a completely white background? Besides obviously putting the jeans on like a large sheet of white paper.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic