CHEAP!! places to stay in New York

MyMindSpray

need help!!

i'm looking to visit New York with my girl during the middle of June...over the weekend or so...can anyone help me out with suggesting cheap places to stay in New York?

i'm talking cheap!! (is less than $100 a night even possible??)...i'm willing to commute in from Manhattan's surrounding areas such as Brooklyn, etc (thanks d)

anyhow...any suggestions would be welcome...

thanks in advance...

There are a few small places dotted around Manhattan (mostly on the upper west side) that'll have rooms for under $100 a night. The only ones I can think of right now are the Chelsea Inn and The Habitat, but I know there are more. Check timeoutny.com and newyorkmetro.com for travel guides and run a few searches on sites like Orbitz / Travelocity. Might want to book soon though.

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Apr 5, 2005 at 01:29 PM

I've used priceline heaps of times for NYC and you'll always land one for about 100 bucks...i've coped the Marriot Marquis Times Square 4 times for about 90...so def try priceline.

Also give the Ameritania a holla..they're at 54th & 7 which is just round the corner from where Letterman shoots...There's also a Holiday Inn down on Lafayette so if you want to escape your GF for a bit and hit the stores thats where u want to be...good luck

one life

Yo whats up with the Superfuture hotels being replaced by Tablet. THAT SHIT IS WAAAAAACK!!! I'm SO HEATED. No cheap spots anymore... Anyone remember the name of that spot that used to be in the NYC hotels section that was like 100 bills and they said Dave La Chapelle shot there alot and the Ramones would party there or some shit?

And whatsup with Habitat, anyone have words on that spot?

Fuck that Tablet shit, not everyone on here is mad paid, fancypants motherfuckers.

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666" (Rev. 13:16-18).

HAHA.. check this shit out....

http://web.archive.org/web/20040604162956/superfuture.com/city/hotels/hotels_ny.cfm

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666" (Rev. 13:16-18).

• 2 weeks later...

i just came back from ny

there are two places are affordable and location friendly(safe too)

one would be the carlton arms by chelsea unfortunately you might have to share the bath

(but there are tons of place to eat near by) call ahead to make reservation, tell them you want a room with a washroom , price range from 80-99 a night, depends on size of bed

another one i stayed last time is the new hotel by green village(by hudson and 2nd avenue)

Howard johnson express about 100 dollars a night(make reservation through internet would be cheaper)

very close to everywhere, 10 mins walk to soho

the hotel is right beside recon , 360 group, nort(like 1 min walk)

15 mins walk to st. marks

very clean, with private washroom

hope this helps

The Chelsea Hotel is affordable if you can get a room...they have an interesting reservation policy and mgmt will hook you up if they like you...the gershwin is a pretty cool hotel on the cheap...they have hotel rooms as well as a hostel..try to avoid staying in times square or anywhere uptown as you'll likely spend most of your time downtown....as someone previously mentioned, the howard johnson is a good option as well..

you can also find some quality apartment rentals on craigslist which is a great alternative to the shoebox hotel rooms that are the standard in nyc.

“Isn’t it strange how it’s a fad to bite your idols when the whole reason you liked them is because their shit wasn’t recycled?†- Aesop Rock