removing a security tag

poly800rock

here's what you can do:

1. get two forks that are relatively slim that you don't care if you bend

2. wedge one in on one end of the fabric with the curve facing outwards all the way to the end of the prong

3. do the same with the other side of the fabric (wedge all the way in with the curve facing outwards)

4. give it a good pry, and watch the magic!

5. do not use this knowledge for evil.

Would definitely suck if it turns out to be ink'ed up !

Tried that once with a white Björkvin sweatshirt (don't ask why the magnet was still in), and guess what, i got ink all over my new shirt !

If the forks and magnets don't work, the worst case scenario is taking the dremel to it. You'll get shards of plastic everywhere though, but once you dissect the casing you should be able to figure out how to remove the pin.

Otherwise, hold the pin still, and start to spin the female end counterclockwise. It takes a while and uses a lot of spins, but it works on some similar tags...

i've done this before . . .get pliers and work the plastic thing back and forth, sometimes the metal post will snap just by bending it like that. other wise keep pulling on the plastic until you can see the post and cut it with good scissors or wire cutters. i didnt even know/think those things were magnetic

i worked at urban outfitters and at a bunch of other stupid stores that use these sensors.

1. it has no ink

2. it is magnetic, so you can just use a magnet if you'd like. put a magnet up against the small metal pin and push it into the plastic sensor part, then pull away. it will come right off.

3. if you hit it hard enough, like canice said, it'll fall right off.

This is a great thread. Too bad I'm too late to contribute Flame... cosign for everyone! Now we know who the other ninjas are in superfuture... I see alot of potential... the clan will grow :3

in case this thread has given anybody ideas to steal from urban outfitters, rip off the hang tags. they have those magnetic inserts inside the paper that set off security.

</disgruntled ex-employee>