Real McCoy's / Joe McCoy's Jeans

jubei

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

these are tweedlesinpink's ridiculously amazing mccoys . . .

mccoyet1.jpgmccoy2bd6.jpg

great, huh?

now i'm hoping that these 555/6601 cuts (i'm not sure which is the model number) on this rakuten page are made of the same denim . . . http://item.rakuten.co.jp/klax-on/tmp6601/

can someone help me out with a translation of the fit and the measurements. they look like a slightly lower rise '47 cut to me. thanks guys for the help in advanced!

mccoy doesn't strictly make repros! these are def low rise, slim, straight jeans!

tmp6601tm6.jpg

so someone pm'd me and the page i linked with the 555/6601 cut. it looks like these are def vanity sized - a size 32 had these measurements . . .

waist - 35

front rise - 10.4

hem - 8.7

i'm guessing after hot soaking they'll be

waist - 33.5-34

front rise - 9.5-10

hem - 8-8.5

someone should hop on these if they are made of the same denim as the ones above. i would but i just bought a pair of flatheads. it looks like they are around $210 USD without factoring in a proxy and shipping fees yet. expensive . . . but def look worth the trouble if they'll look like tweedles. look at that color depth!

*UPDATE*

so i priced it out using a 15% proxy

[25200 + 1000 (shipping in japan) + 2600 (shipping to USA)] + .15[25200 + 1000 (shipping in japan) + 2600 (shipping to USA)] = 33120 YEN

approximately $274, holy crap these are expensive!

• 4 weeks later...
gonna bump this - anyone has a pair of the S613s and could venture some opinions about the fit, details, denim, etc?

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/porkys/944802/1001797/

pics from porky's. they look like a slim 66 cut? or a 55...since jinx said the 614 was a 66, and the 613 looks slightly wider.

Has anyone checked out the measurements on the site? It looks like a W36 shrinks to 33in after a wash. Definitely does not shrink to tagged size. :eek:

• 4 months later...

Just found this very informative post about the history the McCoy's brand:

http://ethandesu.blogspot.com/2007/09/which-is-real-mccoy.html#links

as many have alluded to on the board, the McCoy's group seem to have splintered into at least three branches:

Real McCoy's Japan

Real McCoy's NZ / The Few

Toys McCoy

Of the three, I believe that only Real McCoy's Japan and Toys McCoy produce denim. I believe Toys McCoy puts stuff out under the name McHill Jeans (i.e. the Jeans posted up there by sbbbjm) while most of the stuff we see on Rakuten are produced by RMC JPN.

Furthermore, I believe that Joe McCoy's was an older company under the imprint that no longer produces jeans.

The post, I found, was very informative. Though I'm still curious as to why Real McCoy jeans seem to be so rare on Rakuten. Are they just in a production lull? Wasn't Selfedge slated to carry them some time in the future?

Actually i just met up with the president of Real McCoy's recently again and going to Japan to finalize our deal in a few weeks.

Self Edge will be the exclusive reseller of RM for North America and after a year or so we'll be looking to slowly open other RM accounts through North America.

Their denim is unreal and they have some really amazing Lee repros they've done along with a few great modern slim cuts.

Actually i just met up with the president of Real McCoy's recently again and going to Japan to finalize our deal in a few weeks.

Self Edge will be the exclusive reseller of RM for North America and after a year or so we'll be looking to slowly open other RM accounts through North America.

Their denim is unreal and they have some really amazing Lee repros they've done along with a few great modern slim cuts.

great to hear, ive wanted some RM for a while now but finding them and figuring out cuts and info has been real trouble, make sure you get some nice wide repros ahah

mccoy doesn't strictly make repros! these are def low rise, slim, straight jeans!

tmp6601tm6.jpg

so someone pm'd me and the page i linked with the 555/6601 cut. it looks like these are def vanity sized - a size 32 had these measurements . . .

waist - 35

front rise - 10.4

hem - 8.7

i'm guessing after hot soaking they'll be

waist - 33.5-34

front rise - 9.5-10

hem - 8-8.5

someone should hop on these if they are made of the same denim as the ones above. i would but i just bought a pair of flatheads. it looks like they are around $210 USD without factoring in a proxy and shipping fees yet. expensive . . . but def look worth the trouble if they'll look like tweedles. look at that color depth!

*UPDATE*

so i priced it out using a 15% proxy

[25200 + 1000 (shipping in japan) + 2600 (shipping to USA)] + .15[25200 + 1000 (shipping in japan) + 2600 (shipping to USA)] = 33120 YEN

approximately $274, holy crap these are expensive!

Those are the much sought after McHill 6601s. They are one of my favourite jeans. Made by Toys McCoy from the original Joe McCoy lineage.

The construction is pretty simple, with none of the sophistication of a Fullcount 1108 (but then, few jeans are) - a bit like Eternal 811s, but with a much nicer asymetric back pocket. However, the denim is seriously beautiful.

They are slim fit, with a low-ish rise. Be careful on sizing. I've found some pairs, although tagged different sizes, to actually measure virtually the same.

Those McHill's are the stealth denimnerd jeans. Not many people have them or know about them.