Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

What's unreal about it?

They used the same technique which many other brands do but didn't stick to a true vintage repro sweater or t-shirt.  The cotton is unbleached and isn't a super long staple, so its got a unique hand to it.  The shade is very nice, a perfect off-white.  And of course it's Stevenson so the details aren't straight ahead, they play with a few stitch styles.

Self Edge x John Lofgren "Dessau" High-Top Sneakers

Once we saw what John Lofgren could do with sneakers with his wildly popular Champion series we needed to get in on the action. We've work with Lofgren to create these classic high-top styles, a sneaker that could be part of your daily uniform. They're comfortable, built very well, and the rubber/canvas/stitching quality is as good as it gets for a sneaker.

The new Dessau sneakers are fully hand-made in Japan. They're vulcanized at one of Japan's last remaining factories still committed to this process and made from 100% cotton woven in Japan. But it's only when you pick them up, or more importantly put them on your feet, that you'll find what truly sets them apart. Feel that extra heft, that extra cushion. And the bar keeps rising...taped seams, metal eyelets and vents, double stitched stress points, full sponge insoles, reinforced heel and toe cups. A new gold standard for the classic sneaker.

These are available now in limited numbers in our online store and at SENY, SELA, and SEPDX.

JPxSE_BLK_08-682x455.jpg
JPxSE_BLK_01-1120x1682.jpg
JPxSE_BLK_05-1022x682.jpg
JPxSE_BLK_07-1022x682.jpg

JPxSE_WHT_08-682x455.jpg
JPxSE_WHT_01-1044x1570.jpg
JPxSE_WHT_05-1022x682.jpg
JPxSE_WHT_07-1022x682.jpg

I'm guessing that this spectacular piece of craftsmanship is a Hanes white v neck. At one time, my entire wardrobe was made up of Hanes v necks. But I'm just spitballing here.

Hell yes, this is one of the reasons I call the 633 the "new 501". Not because it actually fits like a 501, but because the cut is really proving to be a modern everyman/everywoman jean. Pretty much anyone can wear it in a variety of different applications, and even possibly sized differently. It's a great jean.

@SEPDX the other week and got a chance to try on the 633s...turns out that me and my girl fit into the same size 30. Tyler snapped a few pics of us. Agree with him that its really interesting to see how well these fit on different body types

IMG_3150.JPG

IMG_3149.JPG

IMG_3155.JPG

IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3156.JPG

Kiya you gotta be kidding me!

DSC_0221_2.jpg

These are amazing brother! Thank you!

They look great, glad you like em!  

I got two of each color considering this style sneaker is part of my daily uniform i don't know when i'll find one like this again, especially now that Visvim stopped producing the Kiefer.

Kiya do you not like the Visvim Skagway's?  There a Chuck Allstar based design.

Yup, i have four or five pairs of Skagways but i need to be careful of the fabric/texture/colors because depending on the design the shoe can look chunky and the mid-sole too large, which is what turns me off most of the Skagway releases.

Damn, those white ones are really growing on me.

I think I like the Kiefers better than the Skags too, but it seems like the Kiefers are more prone to wear since they have a smaller outsole. Can't beat the backstay detail on the new ones!

I don't really think of wear on a sneaker that much, even the best sneaker in the world is still (generally) made of rubber and canvas or synthetic fabric which isn't going to hold up the way a leather shoe is over time.  I believe that's part of the appeal of simple sneakers, you can really see the wear over time in nice way over a blank canvas.

Edited by kiya

Kiya, I have my pair of SExI14 to be repaired. I would rather them patched in most places if possible. Are you able to patch or is it darn only? $30 for repairs still? They have been repaired 3 times by you now so wondering if it's worth the money to fix them for their limited use. Just love them too much!

As you can see, they have about 4 similarly sized small holes on both thighs and back yoke needs some patch repairs as well as hole under right back pocket (which would need to be darned). What do you think?

22775205513_58fe0263f2_b.jpg

23319805761_12d4dabec4_b.jpg

Kiya, I have my pair of SExI14 to be repaired. I would rather them patched in most places if possible. Are you able to patch or is it darn only? $30 for repairs still? They have been repaired 3 times by you now so wondering if it's worth the money to fix them for their limited use. Just love them too much!

As you can see, they have about 4 similarly sized small holes on both thighs and back yoke needs some patch repairs as well as hole under right back pocket (which would need to be darned). What do you think?

Those look really good, i would keep wearing them.  Bring them into SELA so we can repair them again.

Here are our updated repair rates/info: http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=information/repair

Are the non-wash Type IIs from Sugar Cane something that you guys will keep bringing in, or should I snag one while I have the chance?

I believe it's a one-run thing, no current plans to have another non-wash run made.

Fair enough. Looking at the charts, size 40 would suit me best though I've never been smaller than a 42 in anything Japanese. (I'm 5'8" 160 lbs, with rather broad shoulders) Would like to be able to wear a hoodie underneath.

Sounds like the 40 would be your size in this jacket and should be still big enough after a soak.

Those look really good, i would keep wearing them.  Bring them into SELA so we can repair them again.

Here are our updated repair rates/info: http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=information/repair

Dropped them off at SELA, $50 all up. Sweet!

Peaced what's up with the black thread repair?

My friend did it for me when I had my first crotch blow out in Australia. Turns out those dark navy threads don't really fade like the rest of the jean. Haha

3sixteen's Warm & Fuzzy Winter Shirt Collection

3sixteen's winter collection of shirts just landed at all stores including a really amazing woven indigo-dyed flannel overshirt.  All these shirts are made using only the best Japanese woven textiles and the shirts and cut and sewn in the USA.  They feature custom 4-hole metal buttons, crossed rear yokes, fully felling inner seams, and hidden pen pocket openings. 

These shirts along with a full restock of many of 3sixteen’s jean models, indigo-dyed pocket tees, and Shadow Selvedge Type III jackets are available now at all stores.

316_TURQ_01-682x1022.jpg
316_TURQ_05-1022x682.jpg
316_TURQ_07-1022x682.jpg

316_GREY_01-682x1022.jpg
316_GREY_05-1022x682.jpg
316_GREY_07-1022x682.jpg

316_DENIMKNIT_01-682x1022.jpg
316_DENIMKNIT_05-1022x682.jpg
316_DENIMKNIT_07-1022x682.jpg

Mister Freedom Caban Pea Coat & John Lofgren Black Engineer Boots

Mister Freedom just dropped the pea coat of the season, complete with a 16oz indigo/black cotton twill outer and a herringbone twill camo lining.  This thing is wild and will look even wilder with some wear as the warp yarns start to fade over time.  

We've also received the long anticipated new run of John Lofgren's black Chromexcel engineer boots.  It's obvious to us that these are the best engineer boot you can buy, with many clients coming back for other colors once they try a pair out.  They're that good, and they're back in stock. 

MF_CAMOCOAT_01-682x1022.jpg
MF_CAMOCOAT_11-1022x682.jpg
MF_CAMOCOAT_03-1022x682.jpg
MF_CAMOCOAT_04-1022x682.jpg
MF_CAMOCOAT_07-1022x682.jpg
MF_CAMOCOAT_10-1022x682.jpg

JL_01-783x1178.jpg
JL_01_03-1025x682.jpg
JL_01_06-1025x682.jpg