Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

The science nerd in me desperately needs this patch.

the social justice nerd in me desperately wants this to be the Rosalind Franklin model.

shamless self-promotion alert! I'm stoked to have joined Rawrdenim as a monthly columnist, my first one features the Roy RS04 in a reflective piece about what makes raw / loomstate denim special (spoiler alert - it was published on Father's Day for a reason).  Read on if you dare at http://www.rawrdenim.com/2015/06/dad-jeans-literally-beneath-the-surface/

I should also note a great video GQ shot of Andrew Chen with his boys, which features some of the fine furniture in SENY being used for purposes they weren't originally designed for.... http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/2015/06/dad-week-gq-dads-part-2.html

happy Father's Day to all you proud papas out there!

Hey Kiya, when are you guys getting a restock on Sugar Cane Jeans? 

We'll have a full restock on July 4th.

The Flat Head Delraiser Horsehide Jacket, Summer Collection of Shirts, & Wild Child Wallets

We have been waiting for the Flat Head Delraiser horsehide jacket for over a year and can firmly say it was well worth the wait.  We started with Flat Head's double-riders jacket and removed the epaulets, waist belt, and collar buttons for a cleaner/minimal look.  No offense to the classic double-riders but we find it can be a little busy with so many zippers, buttons, and belt loops.  This jacket came out perfect for us.  We've named it after the hardest working comic in the business, Dean Delray, which performs over 500 shows a year all around the country and has only ridden his Harley from gig to gig.  Dedicated isn't a strong enough word to describe Dean.  The Delraiser jacket is available now in limited quantities at all of our stores.

We've also received four new summer shirts from Flat Head including one which has some seriously insane fabric made on a punch-card dobby loom.  Along with the shirts we've gotten a restock of the Wild Child wallet in both tan and black made of cowhide, shell cordovan (horse), and pigskin.  This wallet has a wider variety of meats than a churrascaria.

All of these items along with a restock of all of Flat Head's rings, wallet chains, belts, and jeans are available now at all Self Edge stores. 

FH_MOTO_002-682x1022.jpg
FH_MOTO_11-1022x682.jpg
FH_MOTO_03-1022x682.jpg
FH_MOTO_05-1022x682.jpg
FH_MOTO_06-1022x682.jpg
FH_MOTO_07-1022x682.jpg

FH_WOVENSTRIPE_01-682x1022.jpg
FH_WOVENSTRIPE_07-1022x682.jpg

FH_WHITEGREEN_01-682x1022.jpg
FH_WHITEGREEN_04-1022x682.jpg

I don't even have a beer gut and I'm afraid of the same thing!

I'm too lucky... I've been planning to go to the foundry to check out good arts stuff, but the motorcycle show Born Free is this weekend, 20 minutes from my house, and Good Art will be attending!

That jacket....... Would be single if I made a purchase like that, but might be worth it.

Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, or some shit like that.  Whomever coined that phrase never lived with my wife, but sometimes you just gotta say fuck it and take it/  

Shameless plug. Offering up my SelfEdge Dry Bones collabs in 34. See my sig for link. The most beautiful material in my closet but this rise is never going to work for me and its too tragic to leave em dying on my shelf.

Agreed, that double-riders is crazy good.  I can't believe how fast they've sold across the stores..

Edited by kiya

Summer Heat from Star of Hollywood, Sun Surf, Sugar Cane, & Duke Kahanamoku

We've just received a large shipment of summer shirts from four brands which specialize in keeping you cool during the warmer months.  These styles range from linen blends to printed cotton oxfords and everything in between.  

These are made in small numbers and most have never been available outside of Japan before.  Don't get caught being overdressed in the heat, let Toyo's brands help you.

SUNSURF_TIKI_01-682x1022.jpg
SUNSURF_TIKI_05-950x632.jpg

SUNSURF_KOI_01-682x1022.jpg
SUNSURF_KOI_05-904x602.jpg

SUNSURF_XYLO_01-682x1022.jpg
SUNSURF_XYLO_05-994x662.jpg

STAR_CURVES_01-682x1022.jpg
STAR_CURVES_07-1022x682.jpg

PINEAPPLE_BLUE_01-682x1022.jpg
PINEAPPLE_BLUE_05-1022x682.jpg

Edited by kiya

Kiya,

Is there any hope for SelfEdge stocking the Buzz Rickson's N-3B parkas (either regular or William Gibson's) in the next 3-4 months? I've been lusting after this piece and it would make an excellent winter jacket investment.

BR and WRxBR collections are only released in October of each year.  

With that said.. we won't be carrying the N-3B any more, we tried carrying it in 2008 and then again in 2010 and each time it sold very poorly due to its fit.

Is Self Edge planning to restock the RJB 106 bsp in the near future by any chance? I noticed that a lot of sizes have been out of stock online for quite some time now...

No current plans to restock this jean.  The next RJB jean we're getting is a new one with a new cut coming out at the end of the year.

What's the cut like babzizzle? And the denim?

Unsanforized left hand twill denim in a slim tapered fit, it's a collaboration between RJB's and FH's design crews.

Does anyone here own that new flathead leather? Wondering if the zippers on the side are hand pockets...

I believe few people from Sufu did buy that jacket, it's been the fastest selling horsehide we've ever had.  

The side zippers are shallow pockets for putting small things in for easy access if you're riding a bike.

Mister Freedom Le Marin T-Shirts & Drift Magazine - Tokyo

We've been eagerly anticipating the arrival of these Mister Freedom t-shirts since we saw them at the Toyo expo in Tokyo in the fall.  These are made of a 100% cotton jersey knit fabric which was designed by Mister Freedom and woven in Japan.  This fabric was a labor of love for Mister Freedom, weaving this particular style of fabric isn't common and is quite pricey.  Price and difficulty of production isn't something that deters these guys easily, hence why we have beautiful t-shirts such as the Le Marin.  

Along with these tees we've received volume two of Drift Magazine, this one focusing on Tokyo.  Drift takes you through Tokyo's coffee culture, from canned coffee vending machines to third wave roasters, and everything in between.  This is the first English language publication doing such a comprehensive feature on Tokyo's coffee scene and is essential reading for coffee or Tokyo lovers.

MF_STRP_SHIRT_01-798x1198.jpg
MF_STRP_SHIRT_04-1022x682.jpg
MF_STRP_SHIRT_03-1022x682.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%209.07.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%204.45.0
Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%204.45.0
Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%204.45.1

Kiya, please tell me that the Bertmer artwork for SEMEX is being turned into a flat head tee for the store... Hopefully in a color other than black!

It'll be available in both black or white tees, but not FH tees.  They'll be Made in US tees instead.