Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

kiya,

does this shirt shrink anymore from the measurement size?

http://quepasashop.com/products/fiber-twill-stripe-shirt

trying to determine if the size works for me. 

thanks! 

That shirt has been rinsed and doesn't shrink any more if cold water washed.

Kiya,

Looking for the 3sixteen shadow selvedge type 3 in medium. Do any of your locations have this in stock?

Also, if I'm a small in most brands and don't plan to layer this jacket beyond t shirts and oxfords, would you recommend sizing up or would I be fine in my typical size?

Thanks

Yup, we have two mediums left: http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1307&search=shadow

Also, it sounds like the medium would be your correct size if you're normally a small in other things.

John Lofgren's Made in Japan Champion Sneakers

John Lofgren footwear needs no introduction. In the span of a few short years, John Lofgren's engineer boots have become the gold standard for boot aficionados. Now he brings his footwear passion and love of vintage style to the classic sneaker.

Lofgren's new low top sneakers are, of course, fully hand-made in Japan. They're vulcanized at one of Japan's last remaining factories still committed to this process and made from 100% cotton woven in Japan. But it's only when you pick them up, or more importantly put them on your feet, that you'll find what truly sets them apart. Feel that extra heft, that extra cushion. Double soles, a feature rarely seen on sneakers now, make these some of the most comfortable sneaker available. And the bar keeps rising...taped seams, metal eyelets and vents, double stitched stress points, full sponge insoles, reinforced heel and toe cups. A new gold standard for the classic sneaker.

JL_BLUE_01-1042x1566.jpg
JL_BLUE_06-1022x682.jpg
JL_BLUE_05-1022x682.jpg
JL_BLUE_02-1022x682.jpg

JL_TAN_01-986x1482.jpg
JL_TAN_05-1022x682.jpg

JL_CAMO_01-1036x1558.jpg
JL_CAMO_04-1022x682.jpg

Wow. How do these run Kiya? Say, in comparison to 70's Chuck Taylors..

Size down half a size from your CT size.

i picked up a pair of the jungle cloth pants during the warehouse sale... gotta be the most comfortable piece of clothing i've ever owned. all of my poor denim has seen very little wear since these babies showed up. so happy with them.

apart from the material being extremely cozy, the fit is really amazing. makes me wonder... can you name a couple pairs of denim pants that might have a similar fit?

the jungles are a size 36 and i think it's mostly the top block that i find so comfortable. for denim, i'm currently working with a pair of the IH 666s and the SExIH07s from a few years back. thanks in advance!

Flat Head Winter Shirts, Jackets, & Shell Cordovan Wallets

New Flat Head and Real Japan Blues shipments have arrived at all of our stores this week.  We received a couple of new Flat Head and Real Japan Blues shirts.  One is a snap buttoned flannel and the other is a wild woven then printed fabric.

This year's varsity is a stunner.  The wool body and the lamb skin leather arms are the softest two materials we've felt on a varsity, or nearly any other garment. We're still trying to wrap our heads around how they were able to get both materials this soft.  The varsity is also Thinsulate lined, so it's lightweight but warm.

We've also gotten in a Flat Head car club style jacket, slightly longer in the body and made of a wool outer and an original rayon lining.

Last up we've had Flat Head make us up a batch of their hand-sewn shell cordovan folding light wallets.  These come in both black and dark tan and are pig-skin lined and include a stamped brass Flat Head branding plate.

GP_FLANNEL_0001-682x1022.jpg
GP_FLANNEL_0005-1022x682.jpg

RJB_TAN_01-682x1022.jpg
RJB_TAN_05-1022x682.jpg

RJB_LAMB_01-682x1022.jpg
RJB_LAMB_09-1022x682.jpg
RJB_LAMB_12-1022x682.jpg

FH_BLK_jacket_001-682x1022.jpg
FH_BLK_jacket_007-971x646.jpg
FH_BLK_jacket_005-1022x682.jpg

hey kiya i got a few questions if you got a sec

SExI14 is probably my favorite pair of denim I've ever worn. I went up a size so they are a bit big around the waist, but stay up fine with a belt and they are still a good level of tapered/slim just not skin tight. I'm curious how the new SExI23 fits in comparison? Also, how is the denim in comparison?

Secondly, I wear a pair of ST-220x's quite often as well. They fit pretty spot on, if not a hair bigger then I would like. I noticed on the measurements on SE that the 130x/140x have slightly smaller dimensions for the same size. Is that noticeable in the fit? And color aside, how much of a difference is the feel from the denim from the 220x to the 130/140. In your opinion does the brown weft age? I'm stuck between those two and I can't find many evolution pictures.

Thanks!

hey kiya i got a few questions if you got a sec

SExI14 is probably my favorite pair of denim I've ever worn. I went up a size so they are a bit big around the waist, but stay up fine with a belt and they are still a good level of tapered/slim just not skin tight. I'm curious how the new SExI23 fits in comparison? Also, how is the denim in comparison?

Secondly, I wear a pair of ST-220x's quite often as well. They fit pretty spot on, if not a hair bigger then I would like. I noticed on the measurements on SE that the 130x/140x have slightly smaller dimensions for the same size. Is that noticeable in the fit? And color aside, how much of a difference is the feel from the denim from the 220x to the 130/140. In your opinion does the brown weft age? I'm stuck between those two and I can't find many evolution pictures.

Thanks!

The SEXi23 shrinks a bit more, so if you got the same size as your SEXI14 and hot soaked them you should be good in the waist.  The denim is also a bit more abrasive on the newer ones.

The 130x denim is definitely very similar to the 100x denim, but it does feel heavier in your hand.  I'm sure they're going to age differently as it's going to hold creases better too.  I would try out the 130x denim, it's a nice step up from what you have now.

Kiya: what is up with the FH sizing? I used to be solid 44, but there is nothing that works for me from this collection.

Yeah me too. I hope this isn't a permanent thing and that their super small sizing is limited to this run of shirts only. 

Kiya: what is up with the FH sizing? I used to be solid 44, but there is nothing that works for me from this collection.

No idea.. some of the shirts run big, some run small, so we're paying extra close attention to the measurements of every model we put up on our site.  If you used to be a 44 then the shirts we got in December should fit you with the exception of the Glory Park flannel.

Is SE going to stock PF Flyers in the future?

SENY and SELA have been stocking PF Flyers for years now, they're available in-store only. 

Also, we're one of the only 10 accounts in the world getting the Made in USA collection March 1st. (black or white, hi-tops)

+1 on the sizing.  I couldn't make the 40 or the 42 work in the glory park...damn shame!

The 44 should be the right size for you in both of those GP flannels.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing the reason those flannels ran small is because the unsanforized flannel fabric shrunk more than expected.  That's the risk of working with unsanforized shirt fabrics like Flat Head does - they have a really nice texture to them, but it's hard to predict how a new fabric is going to shrink when they one-wash it.

Always go by the measurements charts on the retailers website, compare measurements against a shirt which fits you well. C'mon kids, how long have we been doing this?  :D