Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

are you getting any more of the flat head blank tee's in?

Yup, February 15th.

Will you be getting the flathead tees in white?

We have some left at SELA i believe. Otherwise, no.

White, plain FH tees?

Just checked and i was wrong, sold out. They were the flatlock seam loopwheeled tees.

Are you guys still carrying Yellow Rat? If so, have you seen the Surcoat? Thanks in advance.

D

Yup, of course. We get most of their collection at all the stores, just got a restock of their Solid Winter Coat.

Hey Kiya, do you have any suggestions for black denim with a similar fit to the Flat Head BSP? I want something for work and was thinking of waiting for the new Imperial cut (low-rise shearer) since the 3-Sixteen's are either too wide or narrow.

This should be the perfect thing for you:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=202

Stopped by the shop Saturday evening right before closing, staff was super nice and informative, even helped me towards my next purchase. Didn't have time to return Sunday to drop off my IH for a hem but that's ok, had my trip back to Orlando, but I loved it.

Introducing Globe Specs Eyewear from Japan

globe+logo.png

We've always been big fans of eyewear in both sunglass and prescription lens versions. We think too many people overlook their eyewear. For something that sits on your face and is normally the first thing somebody sees on you more attention needs to be paid.

Unfortunately with one large corporation controlling nearly the entire eyewear market worldwide both quality and design have faltered on a global scale. It used to be that the best frames came from Italy and France. Times have changed, now the best high-end designers are producing their frames in small shops across Japan. We're huge fans of many of those designers; from Dita to Thom Browne, the best eyewear in terms of quality is now coming from Japan.

We wanted to bring in an eyewear collection that had not been sold in the states, something with vintage stylings, and a line which is fully designed and produced in Japan. We've found that line and are happy to announce that with these five styles Globe Specs is being sold outside of Asia for the first time. No detail is spared, from the shape to the finish to the cases, this is beautiful eyewear. All models can be used as sunglasses or prescription lenses can be put in.

Tetsuya Okada is a Japanese eyewear icon with over 30 years of experience in the high-end optical industry. Starting in the early 1980's he was the reason a major Japanese optical retailer grew outside of Asia, but working for another company was not his destiny. After leaving this larger company Mr. Okada set out to create the ultimate optical boutique and collection in Tokyo. He has now started his own retail stores and collections which are regarded as being one of the most highly coveted eyewear lines in Japan.

Using Japanese artisans trained in hand-made frame production all Globe Specs frames are made of the highest quality acetate, titanium, and stainless steel available. We are proud to offer Mr. Okada's creations outside of Asia for the first time.

All five models are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store, check the product pages for full spec lists, multiple photograph angles, and more.

Our friend Jake Davis shot a great video of Tetsuya Okada, check it:

Shop Globe Specs

GS_5_03.JPG

GS_5_07.JPG

GS_5_06.JPG

GS_5_08.JPG

GS_4_04.JPG

GS_4_06.JPG

GS_4_08.JPG

GS_3_03.JPG

GS_3_06.JPG

Edited by kiya

Kiya - Would the fit of Strike Gold 2109 be comparable to SC2009?

No, the 2105 would be closer.

A customer of ours in New York by the name of Rodney Hazard just released his new music video (which is very cool) yesterday wearing a pair of 3sixteen SL-100x jeans, check it:

Homage to The Pharcyde's Drop?

Hell yeah, that video was SO good.

I have been waiting 666s devil when come to self edge

Thanks

Next run will be done April 1st.

Iron Heart Ultra-Heavy Loopwheeled Hooded Sweaters & More

Just in time for the coldest months of the year we've received some super heavy loopwheeled hoodies from Iron Heart. With minimal branding, a great fit, and awesome construction these are exactly what you'd expect from Iron Heart.

These hoodies are available now in black or navy at all three Self Edge stores along with a full restock of Iron Heart jeans, belts, jackets, and vests (301s restock is coming shortly).

Shop Iron Heart Online

IH_BLK_HOODIE_01.JPG

IH_BLK_HOODIE_04.JPG

IH_BLK_HOODIE_03.JPG

IH_BLK_HOODIE_05.JPG

IH_BLK_HOODIE_06.JPG

IH_BLU_HOODIE_01.JPG

IH_BLU_HOODIE_04.JPG

IH_BLU_HOODIE_03.JPG

IH_BLU_HOODIE_05.JPG

IH_BLU_HOODIE_06.JPG

More beard on the model = better sales. No question.

Ya know.. when i saw Josh a few weeks ago and saw that he had grown a beard i was thinking "shit, now our model has a beard like everybody else".

Kiya, I know comparing two loop-wheeled fabrics is tricky, but with that being said, comparing the SG Hoodies and the IH hoodies which has the softest hand and tighter weave? I have two of the SG hoodies and I Fehking love them both, the fit is classic (boxy almost which is cool because I'm a short, muscular dude) and the fabric is so soft and warm I have almost neglected every other sweat in my closet, i.e. Buzz, McCoy and Warehouse.

In your opinion if you could only afford one navy hoodie this season which would you grab? I know you have handled your fair share of these so just wanted to get an insiders perspective. TIA

Apologies if I derailed thread.

Edited by Rightyow77