Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I was looking the other day to buy my second pair of these and there are no 32s. Will there be restocks? Should I call NY or LA?

Those are gone for good, sorry. Check out the 103BSP, same fabric, same construction.

Roy Unsanforized Duck 5-Pocket Jeans

Never a dull moment with Roy Slaper. The man lives for finding excitement in the most minute details of a garment. With this new release he set out to made a 5-pocket jean out of an unsanforized duck canvas fabric. This is a similar material to what he's used in the past except this time the fabric is unsanforized and therefore will shrink like an unsanforized denim jean. We believe this is the first time in over 75 years that anybody has worked with an unsanforized duck. You may wonder as to why would you want your duck canvas pant to be unsanforized? Because it will not only fit better but it will also age better over time because the fabric hasn't gone through the sanforization process which flattens and (in our opinion) destroys a lot of the character contained within the fabric.

In addition to the beautiful fabric the jean comes with belt loops made on a 1920's Union Special beltloop making machine, so the loops are a narrow width, like how they used to be in the early 20th century. The pocket bags are made of a heavy 9oz greige cotton fabric and all the pockets (including the coin pocket) are full lined with the same fabric. He's done something very unique with the way the inseam is stitched, the selvedge ID is folded over to one side and single needle stitched down the leg. The high-wear point of the front pockets is lined with duck and detailed in a very unique way. Also, this is the first pant Roy has done where many points are triple-needle stitched for durability. There are quite a few more details to list, but those are best found by the owner.

These will be available for sale at all three Self Edge stores on Saturday December 22 at noon (local time) and at 10am (PST) the same day via the online store. Check the online store for hi-res photos, spec list, measurements, and more.

Shop Roy Online!

ROY_DP_01.jpg

ROY_DP_03.JPG

ROY_DP_04.JPG

ROY_DP_05.JPG

ROY_DP_06.JPG

ROY_DP_07.JPG

ROY_DP_08.JPG

The sizing is a little funky for these. Should I buy the same tag size as my RN04?

Yup, same size, after a hot soak they shrink to tagged size, maybe .5" above tagged at the max.

I just got my SG hoodie in, size large, and it fits absolutely perfectly.. which kind of scares me. Should I return it for an XL, or can I just coldwash and hang dry this one? Normally I'd just return for an XL, but in this case it's only 0.5 inches longer and 2 inches wider in the chest, so I'd still have to coldwash and hang dry the XL. Is it worth the exchange just to be safe?

I just got my SG hoodie in, size large, and it fits absolutely perfectly.. which kind of scares me. Should I return it for an XL, or can I just coldwash and hang dry this one? Normally I'd just return for an XL, but in this case it's only 0.5 inches longer and 2 inches wider in the chest, so I'd still have to coldwash and hang dry the XL. Is it worth the exchange just to be safe?

I would size up one on it just to be safe, email us and we'll give you directions on what to do.

I'd recommend asking someone to measure the item they'd be sending you as it doesn't always reflect the measurements provided online.

I don't believe he's saying the measurements were wrong, he's saying it fits perfectly now and that it may shrink too much. FYI, i just measured all the new run of sweaters the day they arrived his week.

Edited by kiya

any chance of 3sixteen+ 11bsp size 34 restock?

SELA has these in-stock now, go in and try them on.

kiya, would it be a bad idea to go down to a 30 in the sexfhsrjb15s so that they'll end up at a 31 after some stretching?

If you want them to end up at 31" after stretching then 30 is the size you'll need.

thanks kiya. how much slimmer are these than the busters?

They're definitely a bit slimmer in the upper block area.

is my memory failing me or was the SEXFHXRJB15 the jean you recommended for people who liked the fit of the SEXSC06? because i haven't found a pair of jeans whose fit i like better... but i kind of think of those as spring/summer so could use a more year-round pair of jeans

Yup, jeans that fall into that catagory:

SEXFHXRJB15

Strike Gold 1105

Strike Gold 2105

Real Japan Blues 106BSP