Tokyo tips!!

MrFunkE

Going to tokyo for three weeks in may and june. Gonna go round the rest of the country but i finish on the 13th and have given myself three days shoppin in Tokyo at the end of it (fly on the 16th). I'm after a cool hotel (pref under £100 a night) with sky views. What areas should i go for gadgets and clothes... Any tips would be great.

Cheers

gadgets - what are you looking for? digital camera? laptops? i would recommend sakuraya, bic camera, sofmap and etc. i wouldnt recommend akihabara - it's like a maze.

clothes - daikanyama, (ura) harajyuku, omotesandou,

i think O1City and O1O1 in shibuya are underrated...

i like the excel tokyu hotel in akasaka. they have a plan

called the e-akasaka plan. a single room should cost you like

11,000 yen or so. The nicer rooms are a bit more expensive.

the akasaka subway station is right across the street from hotel

and its proximity to shibuya/omotesando makes it the one of the best (inexpensive) hotels in tokyo.

I recommend trying to stay at the Claska. www.claska.com or check the SuperFuture Tokyo hotel page. I say try because the place has less than a dozen rooms.

Anyway, I stayed there twice - at the beginning and end of a trip last September. One of the rooms was around 11,000 and the other 13,000. Very cool hotel - nice rooms, great staff, cool bar downstairs. It's a little out of the way, but I actually like that. If you're used to riding subways, it's a snap.

It's a couple of stops from Naka Meguro, which is a district I liked a lot, I agree that for clothing, Harajuku is a good bet.

have fun!