Vintage Sweatshirts

jubei

Any of you have the barns double v vintage model sweats? Thinking of getting one shipped over from Japan. The fit looks great. Just wondering how heavyweight they are (the heavier the better)

Any of you have the barns double v vintage model sweats? Thinking of getting one shipped over from Japan. The fit looks great. Just wondering how heavyweight they are (the heavier the better)

Assuming you mean these - http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/kitarou/item/barns-005/ I have one in 'black'. It's got quite a strong green tint to it. The fit is good but it's not super heavy. Heavier than your average sweatershirt but I'd guess it's not as heavy as The Real McCoys or Strike Gold. But it is half the price. Also, the V bit on the neck is real if that matters.

Thems the ones. I went ahead and ordered one in natural. I've not seen/felt the mccoys or strike gold so have no real reference. How do they compare with buzz rickson for example? Guess I'll just wait til it arrives :)

Edited by Mr Black

Hi, it wasn't hooded. Can you still get them new?

this is what it looked like:

championcomp.jpg

Managed to find a photo of my old Champion Sweat Shirt.

It is slightly different to the one shown above - it has the champion logo sewn on the sleeve.

At the chest it has a large red and blue champion C logo - under this there is the "Champion" lettering logotype and then under this there is some additional writing - I can't make out what it is but it's in white and the first letter looks like a P.

Joe McCoy Loop Wheel Sweat or Studio D'Artisan Loop Wheel Sweat - which is best?

Between those two definitely the McCoy version. Stitching is tighter, body fabric is slightly heavier, and the warp is smoother.

How about McCoy or Iron Heart sweat or new style BR?

Sorry to say but McCoy still beats those too. Also, while the IH ones are loopwheeled the construction and little details are not meant to be the same as these other brands we're talking about, the IH ones are more of a modern sweater made of a nice loopwheeled fabric.

Between those two definitely the McCoy version. Stitching is tighter, body fabric is slightly heavier, and the warp is smoother.

What about the Studio D. "Made in Wakayama" Sweats?

I've not seen any for real but they look a little heavier and the price point is similar to the McCoy Sweats.

What about the Studio D. "Made in Wakayama" Sweats?

I've not seen any for real but they look a little heavier and the price point is similar to the McCoy Sweats.

Never seen them in person, will check them out next month when i go to the S/S13 shows in Tokyo.

Never seen them in person, will check them out next month when i go to the S/S13 shows in Tokyo.

I'm not sure if they are still produced? I have a feeling they were a limited run for Studio D's 25th Anniversary.

They look like they are a grade up in quality and weight.

Debating between the Strike Gold Loop Wheeled crew neck (or hoodie in black), Buzz Rickson crew and or Fullcount in either Grey or a black. I need a Small and from what I understand SE does not carry Buzz in a small, do they just not make them or can I find them somewhere else? Also it looks like they are out of the SG in black so may wait until Nov. to pick it up. I've had a chance to try the Loop wheeled hoodie in person at the SE in Sf, and it fit great with a wash should be perfect. Didn't get a chance to try on the crew, but if it fits anything like its hooded counter part I'm sold. From what I've read the SG is woven tighter than any of the other offerings which sounds really noice, and practical, since I bike everywhere and the less layers (articles of clothing) I have on my body the better.

So I guess my question (s) is (are) if any one on here has experience with two or more of the brands mentioned. As in has owned both or some, or has handled both extensively.

Which is the softest in terms of hand? Which fades nicely (best)? i.e. does not turn that weird dead whale texture right away. Which would you suggest for a small guy that wears xs (AA, Alternative, Norse, Our Leg etc.) in most other brands, 36 in jackets and some shirts? And finally which would, in your honest opinion, offer the most bang for the buck? I usually wear a 36 in most Flat head tops if that helps at all. (except their heavy western Flannel which I wear a 38 in)

Thanks in advance!

My Measurements:

Chest: 36

Shoulder: 16.2

Arms: 21.5

length: 23

waist: 28 (hips 29.5)

So what does everyone think of the Buzz Rickson's Loop Wheel Sweats? I'm reading a page back that they have a fake V gusset?

yes the gusset is fake...i still cannot get over this, especially for a company like BR that prides itself in the upmost authenticity.. that being said the cut & quality are good, i do love wearing mine but would probably head elsewhere in the future (options are far from limited these days)

Debating between the Strike Gold Loop Wheeled crew neck (or hoodie in black), Buzz Rickson crew and or Fullcount in either Grey or a black. I need a Small and from what I understand SE does not carry Buzz in a small, do they just not make them or can I find them somewhere else? Also it looks like they are out of the SG in black so may wait until Nov. to pick it up. I've had a chance to try the Loop wheeled hoodie in person at the SE in Sf, and it fit great with a wash should be perfect. Didn't get a chance to try on the crew, but if it fits anything like its hooded counter part I'm sold. From what I've read the SG is woven tighter than any of the other offerings which sounds really noice, and practical, since I bike everywhere and the less layers (articles of clothing) I have on my body the better.

So I guess my question (s) is (are) if any one on here has experience with two or more of the brands mentioned. As in has owned both or some, or has handled both extensively.

Which is the softest in terms of hand? Which fades nicely (best)? i.e. does not turn that weird dead whale texture right away. Which would you suggest for a small guy that wears xs (AA, Alternative, Norse, Our Leg etc.) in most other brands, 36 in jackets and some shirts? And finally which would, in your honest opinion, offer the most bang for the buck? I usually wear a 36 in most Flat head tops if that helps at all. (except their heavy western Flannel which I wear a 38 in)

dude, my chest measures 35" and if I were to wear Flathead tops in size 36 they would fit skin tight ( i wear 38 in flat head tops). In US brands im mostly size XS or 36. Take care, the Buzz sweats run small, a medium fits me perfectly

dude, my chest measures 35" and if I were to wear Flathead tops in size 36 they would fit skin tight ( i wear 38 in flat head tops). In US brands im mostly size XS or 36. Take care, the Buzz sweats run small, a medium fits me perfectly

36 FH tops fit me fitted. I can layer with a 38. I'm also super short (5.3" on a good day) so my issue is really with sleeve length, since tailoring these shirts kinda takes away from it a bit. (I think anyways) But I digress, thanks for the in put I mostly wear xs and or a 36 in US brands. Im going to give the Buzz a shot since SESF carries them locally and the price isn't too bad.

Cheers

Edited by Rightyow77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...