Leather patches on jeans

xviralx

ive been using pure shea butter on my patches, and i havent had any problems so far. i know shea has properties that man-made compounds cant copy. i use just a dab before a wash or soak, and rub it in well. when jeans dry, the patch looks like beyonce's kneecaps. :P

I really like those hair on Lees. I see you have a pair of 1886s? How do you like them and did you get them raw?

yeah I got them raw, I like em alot, they're maybe a little bit too baggy around the ass for me, but I havent soaked them yet or actually worn them outside my apartment yet. I think they're gonna be my summerjeans, I like wearing baggier jeans in summer

They along with the 1901s I had are probably the most generous in the seat of all the LVCs. They are great in the summer SO COMFORTABLE.

I can imagine that with the lighter denim. my girlfriend's got 1890 and i've borrowed them a few times, they're very nice!

• 2 weeks later...
hm, my sd103 patch is all stiff and tough... how'd you treat yours? i think i soaked them too long (~4 hours).

just gave it some random leather grease after the initial 3 hour soak, when they were dry.. i think any leather treatment will do really, but the general oppinion here on SuFu is a brand called Obenaufs, their leather oil is supposed to do a really neet job..

Just though I would mention that SD 101/103 patches differ depending on when they were made. I havent figured out which have which ones or not, but I know one is soft and papery, and one becomes golden and hard (like mine on my 101s)... I think it could just be from the different goats.. different strokes for different goats I guess! See below for what I mean

Golden and very hard, shiny as well

4.jpg

Papery and pale, dull

tag.jpg

These are mine and my friends SD-101 patches respectively. Both after a warm soak at the same time, and 3 months of wear

• 4 weeks later...