Dior Homme Denim (FAQ ON FIRST PAGE - read me)

sXXXe

it achieves Dior being able to charge $400 for shit. it óbviously does exactly nothing.

what the dart does is say THESE JEANS COST $400, I AM COOL AND KNOW A LOT ABOUT FASHION HAHAAA(which these people obviouslky dont)

it's embarrasing to see people here talk about fit when there is nothing that sets these jeans apart from others

maybe if you can afford a pair and have the physique to wear one properly you'll understand why it's worth the price

it achieves Dior being able to charge $400 for shit. it óbviously does exactly nothing.

what the dart does is say THESE JEANS COST $400, I AM COOL AND KNOW A LOT ABOUT FASHION HAHAAA(which these people obviouslky dont)

it's embarrasing to see people here talk about fit when there is nothing that sets these jeans apart from others

haha.. thats only funny because its so obvious that you're completely clueless.

now I dont know if you couldn't afford them, couldn't fit in them or what the deal is, but if you'd actually worn them you'd know that these jeans fit exceptionally well, they stretch perfectly, they are also extremely comfortable and also look good.

I paid as much for my diors as millions pay for their 7's or True Religions or whatever, what you get instead is a pair of jeans that actually fit good.

maybe if you can afford a pair and have the physique to wear one properly you'll understand why it's worth the price

Many of the physiques I see in Dior are far from enviable. That Japanese guy on the other page, for example. If you fit in a 26 inch waist you should probably spend your spare cash on food and hormone pills or something. (half joke)

Personally I think there are slim-fit Japanese jeans that fit the body better than Dior, especially at the ass, and they need not be ball-crunchingly tight. For me, if you have excess material sagging below your ass then you haven't achieved a good fit. That said, my Diors are currently too big for me but I don't get the unflattering ass sag. I think Dior just accentuates the flat ass on some people and they for some reason seem to like it.

like apu said, if there are jeans that fit you better and suit your taste better then thats good for you, congratulations.

however, if you haven't noticed, there are many who consider dior jeans to be among the best fitting both comfort wise and look wise, so there are obviously reasons for liking them. as I said before, everyone has a different taste, some prefer ass-hugging jeans, some prefer saggy jeans and the rest something in between.

If you fit in a 26 inch waist you should probably spend your spare cash on food and hormone pills or something. (half joke)

First off, 26 in Dior actually measure 28". Also, some people can't gain weight no matter how hard they try. Just because someone only weighs 110/120lbs doesn't mean they have an eating problem.

Also, some people can't gain weight no matter how hard they try.

i'm sorry i just have to jump in here and say that is just not true, just as wrong as fat people who say that they "just cant loose weight" - "it's in my genes" or whatever. unless you are sick or something, it's about eating more (calories) than you burn. just as you must spend more energy than you eat to loose weight. pardon my lacking english skills to describe this better but i hope you get my point. totally off topic and all, just wanted to point it out. :)

hugs and kisses

i'm sorry i just have to jump in here and say that is just not true, just as wrong as fat people who say that they "just cant loose weight" - "it's in my genes" or whatever. unless you are sick or something, it's about eating more (calories) than you burn. just as you must spend more energy than you eat to loose weight. pardon my lacking english skills to describe this better but i hope you get my point. totally off topic and all, just wanted to point it out. :)

hugs and kisses

naaa..... seriously, i know quite a lot of ppl who cannot gain weight no matter how much sweet stuff, fat stuff they eat, and they do jack-all all day long and still cant gain a single pound

on the other side, there are ones that eat healthy and exercise but still gain weight (not that they do weights to beef-up since muscle is heavier than fat)

i guess its kinda in the genes and there are genes that send signal to ur brain to 'tell' u when u r full when in fact, ur stomach is no where full

as with the spend more energy than u eat to loose weight, that is true cos aerobic exercise gets ur heart rate up and burns the energy etc, but sometime gaining/loosing weight is more complex than exercising, u also gotta consider many factors such as:

environmental, personal habits, family genetics, the society ones in, blah blah blah

just my 2 cents

my girlfriends brother is about my height (6') and weighs probably 120lbs., he eats way more then me and probably burns less calories then I do and I wouldn't say I burn much either. I still weigh 55lbs more then him.

so I wouldn't know if its possible at all for him to gain weight, but its a lot harder than for me. how your body functions / your metabolism / genes definately affect your possibility to gain weight, thats a fact.

anyway this is way off topic so we can continue this in another thread if required..

I have New Standards and Dior 21's in the same size, the diors are more fitted in the thighs and also better fitting in the arse. leg opening is exactly the same.

so the 21's are pretty close to NS's, I'd guess the 19's are closer to cures.

I agree, the Calis fit close to New Standards. they are a bit tapered in the lower leg than NS's or dior 21's. the thigh part fits pretty similar to NS. this is based on comparison of similar fitting sizes; sz31 on Dior and APC and sz32 on JR. this are all pretty close on the waist fit.

So would you say the New Cures are similar fit with the 19CM? I'm rocking APC NS already so I probably would still go for DH, and the Dior denim felt better, but I'd still be annoyed if I could've paid just 1/3 of the price for something that fit about the same (and are selvage)... :D

Anyone tried both? Those in NYC should be able to try them easily...

How much am I looking to spend on a pair of raw 19cm at the store in NYC?

woooooooooo

295 + tax for the Japanese 19CM raw.

They $319.71 at the NYC boutique after tax.

Has anyone had any experiences with the dye bleeding on their white clothes with the black raw denim? I just bought a pair and I'm wondering should I avoid wearing any of my white shirts tucked in until I've gotten some good wear out of them.

Also to the people asking about APC and Dior fit comparisons. Well, I own a pair of sz 30 Cures (not new cures) and a pair of sz 31 Dior 19 cm (made in Japan). The fit in the leg of (my stretched out) cures is about the same fit as my pretty new Diors. The rise appears to be a little lower on the Diors and the length is about 2" longer. Dior denim is slightly lighter weight and a lot more softer.

Something else I haven't seen anyone mention were the front pocket bags of the Dior jeans. They're crazy long for some reason. They feel almost twice as long as my APC pockets.

I personally work in the fashion industry and have made/fitted clothes before, so allow me to offer my opinion on this whole dart craziness

I'm bit skeptical about the back darts.

Part of me questions if they do serve a function being that most of the neccessary back fitting that is accomplished with denim is done through the yoke. For example, dress pants generally don't have yokes so you'll see darts extended from the waistband. I mean it could actually be of use in the sense that they balanced the extra fabric between the yoke and dart.

However, usually when a dart is present on clothing there's a noticable change in the way the clothes fall. Look at any suit or shirt that uses darts and you'll see it lays differently than a garment lacking darts in the same area.

When you make pants and want to get a good fit on the butt you don't add darts, you take out fabric (evenly) from the back seams and side seams. You may also have to "dart" the material durring a fitting, but that would be taken out of the pattern so you don't have a weird fisheye dart say going vertically down the upper thigh. My personal opinion about the matter is the darts are there just for aesthetics. The whole dart thing was introduced in Reflection collection I think. They were used on woven tops were they served as a design detail and were functional. I believed it just was carried over to the denim like it was for the knits (where darts are absolutely irrelevant) to be a cool design detail that was obviously Dior Homme)

Personally, I would probably just go with APC if you're look for indigo raw denim that's skinny as you'll save yourself about $160 dollars. But I was personally looking for a black raw pair that would fit similar to APC's Cure and Dior was the way to go.

I own a pair of APC NS's and a pair of Diors, I havent worn the APC's a single time after I bought the diors. this might be different for every person, but for me the diors fit way better in the rear and in the thighs. they also seem to wear in and fade better.

I own a pair of APC NS's and a pair of Diors, I havent worn the APC's a single time after I bought the diors. this might be different for every person, but for me the diors fit way better in the rear and in the thighs. they also seem to wear in and fade better.

I'm going to continue to seem like I'm hardcore against the Diors, which I'm not, but I find your last sentence hard to accept. The APCs are common on this board as well as styleforum, and as a result there are tons of pictures of them worn in. IMO APCs can achieve some of the best colouring and fade of any jean and I've yet to see a pair of Dior with a fade that can match. Of course everyone differs in taste and one persons pair can fade differently to another, but I think APC has a proven record of fantastic fading and their rich blue colour is great.

Many of the physiques I see in Dior are far from enviable.

this is your opinion. and opinions vary. i mean, there are people out there that are envious of this:

180px-Bodybuilder.jpg

your post was pointless and offensive. shut up.

Agreeing with Morningstar on the questionability of the darts for function, disagreeing with Morningstar as he seems to be a jeans Nazi.

The dart on Dior jeans really doesn't take too much fabric out of the equation, but I'd bet it takes enough to shift the fabric at least a little. You wouldn't want any angles that are too noticeable to the naked eye anyway. I have a feeling both the yoke pieces are very curved and the darts are at a certain angle. If you pull your Diors up where your natural crotch will let you, you'll notice they do hug your ass and have a rounded shape to them in the back; I tend to wear them hanging naturally where they hang off my hips too. On some nights they end up low, and they look cool that way too, but generally they're just halfway on anyway.

Diors are worth the premium over APCs, in my opinion. I am going to take the side of Jimmy though, and agree that APC's do fade nicer and easier than Diors.