superliving: your room / closet / house / apartment

youngluc

Damn dude. So according to your other posts, you live in a mansion, you eat at NOBU, you drive an SL500 and own a Ferrari on the side and are............an intern in university.......*record scratch/stop sound*

That is most definitely not your house.

For some reason this sort of not quite Mission Revival stuff just drives me up the fucking wall.

I wish I could neg rep your folks for buying this motherfucker. It's like some first year survey of american architecture student got stoned and slapped together a set of blueprints and handed it to the contractors. Is this the design your parents liked most of the six available in their gated community? Jesus.

Not my house? Do you want more pics? The 550 Maranello is my Dad's Ferrari. I have an SL500 but am thinking of trading it in for a new Carrera S. I am interning in NY right now, and I am about to go into my Junior year at Purdue University.

Right. This thread is clearly titled "post pictures of your room/closet/house"........you posted your parents' house and car. What does that accomplish/contribute other than showing your love for ridiculously pompous boistering?

If you want to start a "show us what your parents/immediate family own" thread then feel free to do so. Doing it here just makes you look like a tool.

I'm going to start putting my rich uncle's car collection purchases in the "Recent Purchases" thread and Hedi Slimane's runway pics in WAYWT.

england, you gotta understand that if he posted his NYC house he wouldn't look so cool and get so much e-cred.

i am also pretty sure that the only photo that he found of his house was with the ferrari at the garage door, he really isn't posing at all(sarcasm).

it's good to see people living large though, it's a pity that they have such shitty taste in architecture.

I spend all my money on going to bars, clothes, shoes, and blings.

I sleep on a mattress in the sunroom of my apartment.

True baller status.

IMG_2359.jpg

It's chill, you are entitled to your own opinion.

But let me say this, trying to put me down doesn't change the fact that it's real. Don't make un-educated assumptions as to where I don't live and what cars I don't drive.

And lastly, unless you know the person, don't label me or anyone else as the usual "rich kid" that lives off his parents and thinks he is going to fall back on their finances. Clearly I don't have that state of mind. I am going to college getting an education, and I don't even plan on working for my fathers corporation.

Yes, the stereo type of the kid who wastes away living off his parents exists, I have some friends like that. But don't assume the ways of another just to make yourself feel better about your own situation. In my honest opinion, the only reason why someone would try and put a wealthy person down is because they are jealous.

dude, you drive a fucking mercedes sl500 and you say you don't live off your parents?yeah, you are a really humble and down to earth guy, that's what a mercedes of that price tag says.

i mean, i am not jealous, i am glad that some people are able to live that kind of life, but don't come with that kind of bullshit here.

I'm not putting you down because I'm jealous, I'm putting whoever purchased that house down because they have fucking horrendous taste in architecture. I'd rather look at a street full of prefab shotguns someplace than look at that disgusting Mission Revival/Greek/Neo-Renassiance monstrosity.

Also I put people down for sport. Don't inflate your head so fucking big.

It's chill, you are entitled to your own opinion.

But let me say this, trying to put me down doesn't change the fact that it's real. Don't make un-educated assumptions as to where I don't live and what cars I don't drive.

And lastly, unless you know the person, don't label me or anyone else as the usual "rich kid" that lives off his parents and thinks he is going to fall back on their finances. Clearly I don't have that state of mind. I am going to college getting an education, and I don't even plan on working for my fathers corporation.

Yes, the stereo type of the kid who wastes away living off his parents exists, I have some friends like that. But don't assume the ways of another just to make yourself feel better about your own situation. In my honest opinion, the only reason why someone would try and put a wealthy person down is because they are jealous.

No one is putting you down, you're only digging yourself deeper. Likewise, no one ever said that your family couldn't own that house, I simply remarked that posting pictures of something that isn't yours in a thread about your house/apartment is a little obnoxious. After all, you simply posted a Ferrari and a large house without prefacing it with, "I don't live here, I'm a student living in a dorm, but this is my parent's house". No one is jealous here........ A 97' Maranello and a horrible attempt at a neo-Tuscan villa isn't impressing anyone.

Jesus dude. You just don't quit.

Not a single person is offended that your parents bought you an SL500. That's awesome, I'm genuinely happy for you. Point is, there is a time and a place to show off your assets..........if you're going to do it, have some tact & class.

Seriously. I'm about a million times more offended by your house's existance than by the fact that you live there.

And nobody is saying that it's not great to have nice things and to fucking mini-ball all over the place. What people are offended by is you coming at them with some "I'm not some average rich kid" shit and then letting your parents write the check for your car every month. There are plenty of awesome rich kids both on this forum and who I know in real life who have a humble, tongue in cheek outlook about having won the birth lottery. Maybe you'd be a little more bearable if you woke up and realized that it's not about your fucking parents money, it's about you.

No, your dad owns an F430. Start using the correct pronouns and you wouldn't seem like such a wanker.

Also, if you're going to project this image, try and avoid ridiculous holes in your story. That house is not entirely in your name; that would defy simple inheritance/family gifting laws. If anything, you are a partial owner and when your father passes away you will be responsible for paying the inheritance taxes on the estate for his portion.

But sure, I can't be bothered to continue either.

Bullshit? Let me teach you a little about lifestyle and consumers.

Most people on this thread purchase premium market brand name clothing such as Dior, Common Projects, Ksubi, Cloak, J.Lindeberg, and the list goes on and on.

The price tag these brands carry on their products are at the top. $300+ for jeans isn't your average price point. What i'm getting to is that people are trading up, spending more on luxury so that they can feel an association with the wealthy, or show they are part of that circle.

So while you are bitching at me about the image my car gives, go and cry to half of this forum for purchasing $500.00 shoes. You're either buying expensive clothing because you are a wannabe, you can afford it, or you want to live well. I don't see why buying premium products accross many caregory's (i.e. watches, automobiles, homes) other than clothing should be seen differently.

It's all relative.

Fuck.

This is stupid on so many levels i can't even begin to wrap my mind around it.