Hey Ed,

I'll try to answer what I understood from your post: I'm not associated with any brand.

Regarding the rest of your "post", I wanna say, maybe?!? There was a lot of motherfucking involved (good on you, I appreciate people with rare hobbies - you must read Oedipus, you'll love that, it's so relevant for people like you), but yeah, I guess you have an opinion, just like anybody else

I like this guy already

Gnomes, I think your comment is spot on and I have just one question: you wrote their sales pitch is ridiculous - and if I look at BOW's introduction of the brand and denimhound's review, I know what you mean. But I do wonder how much of this is actually their intention. Their Instagram and look book are significantly less blown out of proportion in regards to self praise. I mean, sure the language in the look book is so flowery at times that you feel like Dorothy from the wizard of OZ falling asleep amid a vast field of deadly, scarlet poppies. But Tye wife of the owner of DC4 who is Japanese told me that this happens pretty much all the time with translations from Japanese to English.

Ed will probably call me a corrupt SUFUcker (I don't have a blog and my forays into social media have been hindered by my inability to use media and the fact that I'm not that social), but that's my 2 cents.

Can someone show me their lookbook and website? I'm a bit slow these days with Google (as in: it doesn't bring up much :D )

edit: found everything

the lookbook: https://issuu.com/tanukijapan/docs/tanuki__________________

the website: http://tanukijapan.com/

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

This is totally off topic but if you guys can recommend any raws for the ladies, that would be highly appreciated. We already tried SdA and Samurai and the results didn't really help my cause of excite my girlfriend for raw denim. The missus concludes that the Japanese hate woman and use jeans to torture them 😱

God damn man tanuki hahahaha sounds indonesian than japanese but creative directed by an american or something gawd awful the cuts fuckkn awful man swriously people who has the money to spend on jeans are not hipsters . Period

I have no interest whatsoever in Tanuki, however, it has provided some activity/chatter/banter/gossip (perhaps this is the next level part) on a thread in this forum, which, unfortunately, seems to be attracting less interest by the day.

So was trying not to be negative about the brand until we saw some wear and tear and real life reviews. ..

Then I clicked on the above links. Firstly the instagram pic of those two very uncool dad looking geezers is disastrous. Wait a second, that's not what us 40 year old actually look like in jeans in real life is it!?!

Secondly clicked onto the review on the John G Moore site and it reveled he actually does lace his trainers behind the tongue and sticks it up and out the front of his jeans like off of the 80's so I had to close the page without reading it.

Can't wait for Ed to see it...

I'm guessing he's implying some of the reviews are "sponsored", similar to Mike's comment upthread

I could say the same thing about Instagram. I know a lot of denim enthusiasts with IG accounts who pimp certain brands, some of whom I haven't heard of before, and I know they do it because they have a lot of followers. Maybe there's a financial incentive, or maybe they get stuff for free, I don't really know. I think it'll always come down to consumers educating themselves on brands before making an informed purchase. I'm not really sold on the idea of buying a product simply because Joe Blow has 10,000 IG followers and has started taking pics of his new Kato Brand jeans. Oddly enough, i'd be more inclined to check out a new brand if the IG user has fewer followers because then I know that person went out and bought his stuff which he's showing to the world because he/she truly likes that brand.

With Tanuki you'll probably see a mixture of people that buy their jeans and those that got them for free to do a review of. Nothing wrong with that.

If someone can quantify or explain what the next level is in relation to premium jeans/denim, then I'd be happy to hear it.

In relation to Tanuki? Who knows.

My idea of next level is Ande Whall. Granted, I still don't own his jeans yet but I really like that he does everything himself and I especially liked what he did with his SR series. I'm hoping he'll add custom pocket bags in the future but he's already doing cool stuff with the custom back pockets.

Gnomes, I think your comment is spot on and I have just one question: you wrote their sales pitch is ridiculous - and if I look at BOW's introduction of the brand and denimhound's review, I know what you mean. But I do wonder how much of this is actually their intention. Their Instagram and look book are significantly less blown out of proportion in regards to self praise. I mean, sure the language in the look book is so flowery at times that you feel like Dorothy from the wizard of OZ falling asleep amid a vast field of deadly, scarlet poppies. But Tye wife of the owner of DC4 who is Japanese told me that this happens pretty much all the time with translations from Japanese to English.

Ed will probably call me a corrupt SUFUcker (I don't have a blog and my forays into social media have been hindered by my inability to use media and the fact that I'm not that social), but that's my 2 cents.

you very well could be right.  I read the denimhound blog and thats where im getting this from.  

My two cents. Those IG pics look awful. The slim cut does not appeal to me at all.

As a brand you can't talk about how much knowledge and experience you have as denim makers and then not name said denim makers. I know its a marketing gimmick. But it just turns me off. 

Good to see Marty from GodSpeed rocking the regular cut with some style.