Mid to late 90's emo saved my life

poly800rock

christie front drive killed me when i was younger.

i've kept a CFD 7"; love their packaging

their aesthetic was pushed too the extreme though and it gets ugly

promise ring for example started out awesome on 7" and ended soooo cringingly awful on LP

the get up kids, too. great on 7", then suckfest on full length

i'd add lifetime to this list (their demo was their best shit), but i don't want to be too hated

:(

i've kept a CFD 7"; love their packaging

their aesthetic was pushed too the extreme though and it gets ugly

promise ring for example started out awesome on 7" and ended soooo cringingly awful on LP

the get up kids, too. great on 7", then suckfest on full length

i'd add lifetime to this list (their demo was their best shit), but i don't want to be too hated

:(

i'll say this, i havent listened to the get up kids since like 99 and when they had their last tour last year, my buddies and I went for shits and giggles, and man, #1 we were the oldest heads there, and #2 we boned up and learned all the really weird breakdown parts to their songs with lyrics and sang all those parts, i think we really scared a lot of 15 year olds becuase they had no idea what we were doing

Ah I have always really wanted to hear more Boy's Life. I just have their split 7" with Vitreous Humor, but it is incredible. I also have a great love for Still Life and Julia.

I was lucky to have an older brother who was very involved in the NW music scene whose records are now in my hands. I have a very out of date list here that includes a lot of old emo/hardcore stuff.

jough dawn (fucking) baker!, etc...

yessssssssssssss although yeah, it is hardcore and not so much emo I guess.

There is CDR of way more material by them floating around. I can't remember if it was a recorded full length or just simply a compilation of everything they recorded. A few years ago I was supposed to be getting a copy from someone but unfortunately we both forgot about it and he moved down to Florida.

edit: ah and yes, Roadside Monument were great. I saw their "comeback" show (with the band of some good friends, Eye of Autumn) and it was really nice. An encore of Sperm Ridden Burden was magical.

oh no you didn't.

policy of 3 were awesome live.

bull's weird beard was ahead of its time

are you from philly? remember ideamen who turned into five stars, ideamen are so insane.....i got a cd of their stuff from one of their members a few years back, that fucking slayed more than anasarca wished they could.

mannnnnn christie front drive was good stuff, early get up kids and saves the day is one of my all time favorites... the first 2 jimmy eat world albums... mineral and later gloria record

-singer from christie front drive went on and had a couple of releases with band called Antarctica, kinda cool, not the same.

-Get up kids was awesome, but his side project new amsterdams isn't bad, lot of downloadable mp3's on their website (including a reggie cover)

-saves the day still rocks, although their most recent releases are my lest favorite

-chris simpson of mineral and then gloria record is now doing another project called the zookeepers world. http://www.myspace.com/zookeepersworld he's in Austin and I caught a show down there not too long ago, it was great to finally see him live, hes got members from gloria record and what not along with him here. I miss gloria record/mineral though

did no one mention sunny day real estate?

and braid kicked ass, hey mercedes also.

i definitely need to hear that jough dawn baker stuff.

man, this brings back so many memories. all the jade tree, crank records stuff was my shit back in high school. the don't forget to breathe comp was so sick. drive like jehu, promise ring (good pr), cfd, ethel meserve...

ahh the promise ring, sucked when I heard they broke up after wood/water which is a reaaaallly good mellow album so different from the rest of their stuff.

What to you is good Promise ring? I like pretty much all of it with few exceptions. First promise ring song I heard was in an old skate video.

Piebald was cool too.

This is the shit I love, more than fashion/clothes/denim... its music music music for me.

and I hear you poly, I still enjoy a listen I have the 81:03 and it gets good rotation