HWDC2- FINAL SUBMISSIONS THREAD

Megatron1505

Wow, thanks! I wasn't expecting an announcement for 2 more days, so I'm two days behind the announcement! This is a huge honor and I'm surprised to have won my category with so many incredible pairs. Thanks again to all of the judges! This is awesome! Oh, and best of luck to everyone in the round 3! I felt like my soon-to-be wife would kill me if I agreed to wear another pair hard for another 2 years no matter what (and I somehow almost have a rip already a couple months into my new pair... haha...), so I passed on round 3, but I'm watching everyone's pairs with great interest!

By the way, I bought my fiancee a new sewing machine (my jeans broke her old one... haha...), so she's going to fix them up as much as possible and I'll keep wearing them.

Edited by cander49

Time to announce the grand champion of the HWDC2, after 24 solid months of wearing and sharing it gives me immense pleasure to say that the winner is.....

FANYA

Congratulations to all who took part, hope to see many of you back for the DWC.

Congrats Fanya! It takes some dedication to wear 25 oz for so long, so congrats on getting it done well! Enjoy your prizes! I'm looking forward to seeing my belt as well. :)

Edited by cander49

Just wanted to pop over here and say thank you to everyone as well.  Thanks to the judges and thanks to everyone that posts pics, I love seeing people in their denim.  I don't have  a lot of pictures of myself because I'm almost always rolling solo.  But I do love the journey.

cander49:  you had an amazing pair of jeans, I find it amazing you were able to hold them together the entire time, you surely did shred them.

Any words about the other prizes?

Naked and Famous will award a special edition, 32oz, denim bag to the most active poster.

Rawr Denim/ Rue + State will offer an as yet undecided prize.

ByBeatle will be offering a "special" prize for a "special" competitor… and you won't know who you are, or what you've won until it is all over.

Thanks, Fanya. I enjoyed watching yours as well. Maybe I'll have to try 25 oz in the future so my jeans don't fall apart as much. I'm not sure I'd be up for shredding my own legs with that denim though. Haha.

I'm guessing Max is likely to have been most active poster? I'm curious to see what the other prizes were!