FS: Strike Gold SG1109 - Size 34 - Brand New, Unworn

mbaum

I bought this pair of selvedge raw denim last year at Self Edge. Strike Gold is an incredible Japanese brand with unparalleled attention to detail when it comes to construction. Maybe overkill for some, essential for others.

Those are size 34 and are unsanforized. This means that you have to put them through their first soak. Instruction card for this type of jeans from Self Edge is included. Sizing is TTS, even with the anticipated shrinkage (See chart from Self Edge below).

The denim is unbelievable and definitely on the slubby side. Those are famous for aging incredibly and creating amazing fades.

Will include shipping in CONUS. Price new is $330, I am asking $300, OBO.

To my knowledge, those are very difficult to come by and I am not aware that anybody else than Self Edge sells thoes in the US And they are sold out in this size. Here is what they have to say about them:

The SG1109 jean is a slim leg fit that's got a medium-low rise and is slim from the top and tapers to a small leg opening from the knee down. The jean has a burly feel to it at first due to the rigid denim that comes in it's loomstate form, after a warm water soak the denim opens up a bit and begins to soften with wear.

This denim from Strike Gold has massive character even when raw with a lot of loom chatter visible from both the warp and weft sides of the denim. Due to the abrasive nature of the denim when raw the jean will age faster than most jeans and yield an extremely high contrast fade with normal wear.

Strike Gold has gone to the extent of getting custom rivets made which have a male part made of iron and a female piece made of copper. The reason for this is that the male piece will begin to rust over time but the female piece will darken and leaf over time giving the wearer a well rounded aging pattern even on the rivets. Crazy for some, essential for others.

Disclaimer: These jeans are made of unsanforized denim, when washed the denim will shrink 1.25" in the waist, 3" in the length (inseam), and approximately .5" in the thigh/knee/leg opening/rise. Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1" after approximately 30 wears.

SPECIFICATIONS

• 14.5oz Unsanforized Japanese Selvedge Denim (Gold Sparkle ID)
  • Hidden Rivets
  • Button Fly
  • Deerskin Leather Tag
  • Iron Male Rivet - Copper Female Rivet
  • Slim Tapered Fit

Measurements (Pre-shrink) in inch:

• Size 34
  • Waist 35.0
  • Inseam 37.5
  • Thigh 12.7 
  • Knee 8.5
  • Leg Opening 8.1
  • Rise 11.0

IMG_5394_zpssnrgkjzo.jpgIMG_5398_zpseh5wb5qq.jpgIMG_5399_zpsmvpnljel.jpgIMG_5401_zps1ti6uo1f.jpgIMG_5404_zps10atze8v.jpg

Edited by mbaum