TCB

That's not cool. Did you at least get a refund?

I did just now thanks to volvo's help... it's strange because he must've gotten it months ago, and I printed out our email convo with it so he wasnt confused... so i'm not sure why it took this long.

But volvo talked to him and got me the refund so that's good! Still a bummer of an experience though. Every week or so I'd get reminded of it and get annoyed again...

Is that a new western denim shirt Inoue-San recently posted on his Instagram? Looks different from his ranchman shirt.

i think it's called the ranchman plus, it's been sandblasted or some other such treatment to give it a worn look. 

i think it's called the ranchman plus, it's been sandblasted or some other such treatment to give it a worn look.

It looks like he posted some more on his Instagram today . I like that style of (ranchman plus). It reminds me of the old Wrangler denim western shirts.

erik-brunetti-20140926252108.jpg

Edited by mlwdp

I am coming back with my question regarding TCB 50 jacket sizing.

I got some measurements from TCB a year ago or something.

If that is raw or one wash he did not say at that time.

I have mailed and asked him again. But no awnser.

Anyway. Here are the measurements from Denimio and the ones I got from TCB and from volvo240thebest.

I am a bit confused of what to get. I am leaning towards getting a one wash size 42 from denimio. Measurements on it seems spot on for me. Even though I preferable go for unwashed normally.

From Denimio

Size 42, Non-Wash:

----------------------

chest :  54 cm

length: 72 cm

shoulder: 49cm

sleeve length: 70 cm

----------------------

Size 42, One-Wash:

----------------------

chest : 51 cm

length: 68 cm

shoulder: 47 cm

sleeve length: 67 cm

----------------------

From TCB

Size 42:

----------------------

chest: 123 cm

length: 71 cm

shoulder: 50 cm

sleeve length: 65 cm

----------------------

From volvo240thebest

Size 42 pre soak:

----------------------

chest: 54.6 cm

shoulder: 50.8 cm

sleeve length: 68.6 cm

----------------------

Size 42 post soak:

----------------------

chest: 53.3 cm

length: 71.8 cm

shoulder: 48.9 cm

sleeve length: 66 cm

----------------------

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/22338-unknown-japanese-brands/page-47#entry3009537

Pit to pit 21.50

Shoulders 20

Pit to cuff 17.50

Shoulder to cuff 27

Waist 21

Overall length 28.35 (very loong!)

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/22338-unknown-japanese-brands/page-47#entry3010014

Pit to pit 21

Shoulders 19 1/4

Waist 20 1/2

Shoulder to cuff 26

Overall length 28 1/4

----------------------

From Denimio

Size40 Non-Wash:

----------------------

chest :  52 cm

shoulder: 48 cm

sleeve length: 70 cm

----------------------

Size 40, One-Wash:

----------------------

chest : 49 cm

length: 67 cm

shoulder: 44 cm

sleeve length: 66 cm

----------------------

From TCB

Size 40:

----------------------

chest: 118 cm

length: 69 cm

shoulder: 47.5 cm

sleeve length: 64 cm

----------------------

I anyone got any comments and sizing info on their jackets size 40 and 42 please feel free to update.

Edited by nizzel55

it's quite likely that the one wash version is slighty trimmer than what my raw jacket measures after soak as I have never thrown it in a ruble dryer, but bear in mind it will stretch a bit after some use.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Hi, these are the once washed measurements I got from Inoue a couple of weeks ago:

sleeve length 66cm
shoulder width 48cm
chest 55cm
length 67cm

sleeve length 66cm
shoulder width 50cm
chest 58cm
length 67cm

sleeve length 66cm
shoulder width 52cm
chest 61cm
length 67cm

II ordered 44 in raw and the measurments were in fact:
sleeve length 68cm
shoulder width 50cm
chest 56cm
length 70cm
The chest measurement in raw was closer to 42 in once washed than 44

So I would take Inoue's measurements with a grain of salt. Maybe my jacket was just a one off production mistake but there you have it.

^ saw that pic on TCB instagram. didn't realise that these are likely to be available to purchase. Be interesting to see if they get much interest. I think that they look great, but I was looking at a pic of my 60s when I first got them yesterday and comparing them to how they are now... and it really confirmed to me that I'm all about the personal evo process :-)

Wouldn't mind having one pair of jeans in the closet that looked sorta like that (not quite as washed out), but I'd prefer to get there on my own.  

I do think they've done a good job with the wash and producing a vintage looking pair of jeans (which generally don't look like what most of us, myself included, are producing here at sufu with our wash and wear routine).    

^agreed, they do look great, and actually I think they'd do a good job of breaking up the denim tux look if you've got a raw jacket you want to fade the hard way, but are a bit squeamish about the matching double denim look (as I am)... food for thought.

Yup, pretty devastating. From what I could interpret based on his last email, he was going to email me to discuss it once the shipment was ready, however it's already here! It was definitely a shorter turnaround that I anticipated, so that's a positive, but it's not going to be cool enough to wear it for at least another month.

£84 in duty and vat is too much for the 50s jacket. I believe duty should be zero rated which just leaves the vat. And you didn't pay £420 for it did you, so 84 is just plain wrong ? Obviously parcel farce like to stick you with some additional handling charges but I would expect something like 30-40 notes to be the norm.

The 50s jacket is with custom measurements and I ordered a newspaper bag too so that bumped up the price a bit but nowhere near that amount. I once got charged £13 for a £50 parcel from the states so perhaps I just have really bad luck.

Hey Harls. in my limited experience, EMS hands over to Royal Mail or Parcel Force, USPS do the same. RM and PF are the only 2 postal services in the UK that routinely apply customs clearance charges. Everyone else, TNT, DPD Fedex etc, it's a lottery, some parcels come through unchecked, some get stopped. When I've bought apparel from outside the EU, I've never yet been charged import duty, but whenever RM or PF get the parcel, I've always been charged VAT (which should be a flat 20% of the value of the goods) but also, RM and PF have a 'handling fee' of about £12-13. So even if you pay £2 in Vat, you'll end up having your package held to ransom by the post office until you pay their handling fee too. So, I'm guessing that your £84 is about £70 of VAT and £14 charges from RM or PF. £70 VAT is what would be applied to a £350 purchase. If that's right, then fair enough..

sorry if you already know all this  :blush2:

Yeah, I had a basic understanding, thanks. I've had no problems ordering from sites like Denimio but that's because they mark it at 1000 yen. I've just checked the letter again and the breakdown is £7.66 customs duty, £62.83 VAT and £13.50 clearance fee (that would be Parcelforce's own fee).

Edited by harls

getting excited as in a few week i should finally receive the type II duck cloth jacket!

i heard, i could be wrong, that tcb will also sell this duck version of the 50's jacket but without the limited edition leather patch.   what do you think?