TCB

soooo, back to the ranchman. I feel a little crappy about this, but I measured pretty much every shirt in my wardrobe this weekend to see if I had anything that resembles the ranchman cut wise. Sadly I do, and it's a shirt I don't wear because I don't get on with the cut. And I really don't think that sizing down is going to work either, so unfortunately I'm out. Look forward to seeing how you chaps get on with yours though.

Edit - sorry NYC surfer - meant to say - your 50s jacket looks great. Super fit. Did you give it a hot wash or just a cool rinse? Enjoy!

fair enough mate. I'll report what you guys think about the fit to Inoue. I think the sleeve lenght for Bobbo and Nizzel can be adjusted.

I understand your situation. I think it's going to work perfect for me. Maybe the fact the Inoue himself is a robust, stout guy like myself it's why his pieces always work great for my body type!

I feel bad because I know you put in a lot of effort to get this going.

My problem is my build. My shoulders are somewhat bigger than my chest measurement suggests. Usually something that fits in the shoulder has some space in the chest for me. I think with this shirt, those dimensions coupled with the way the yoke is cut at the front, it is going to look more like a kaftan than a shirt on me!

I just washed my favorite shirt and going to measure it when it's dry. Then I'm going to decide which size I'm getting. I'm sorry to hear that the cut won't work for some of you guys.

Edited by tigerstrom

Yeah, I'll be waiting until some fit pics pop up here, and decide then. That chest is just too huge. I think a 36 would fit in the shoulders but that would give me a chest figure of 108cm, that's 6cm more circumference than what I normally aim for.

I'm just not into billowy shirts :(

To be honest I was a little surprised when I saw the measurements because the shirt has been slim fitting in the chest in the pics so far and the models have been slim too, no big boned guys there all right.

Does Inoue-san measure it differently? 

Oh well, I'm still stoked about this!

ok lads tomorrow I'll double check with Inoue how he does measure the shirt.

I'll keep you posted.

tbh the slim fitting pics were of the other prototype. this shirt design has always been on the loose side from the get go. I was more keen on the other design but what the hey! it looks like this desogn will work perfectly for me if I size down.

Edited by volvo240thebest

ok lads tomorrow I'll double check with Inoue how he does measure the shirt.

I'll keep you posted.

tbh the slim fitting pics were of the other prototype. this shirt design has always been on the loose side from the get go. I was more keen on the other design but what the hey! it looks like this desogn will work perfectly for me if I size down.

Ah, that explains a lot. I'll be down either way (just need to talk him into slighlty longer sleeves, haha), I normally use both slim and loose shirts after all. Havn't measured my vintage Wrangler shirt but I have a feeling it will be something like this.

it looks like Inoue can adjust sleeve lenght for whom who have this problem.

we just have to figure it out while we go trhough the deets.

here's the label design, I think this is the best one yet by TCB:

tcb%20ranchman%20label_zps7yecydss.jpg

I just remembered to Inoue that we also spoke about a special script for the sufu orders. I'll let you know what he says now. I wouldn't care as this is just great.

quick reply about sufu label.

me: do you remember we spoke about a special label for people who will order trough superfuture? it would be great even just the same label but with a special writing... something like TCB x SUFU. It's not my idea but someone suggested on sufu.

Inoue: It is also good to make sufu ver of label

he even asked if there's anyone here who wants to design a special label.

I, for one, prefer to go with his design, I think it's part of the TCB identity as a brand.

i also like that he took inspiration from the original Levis label.

as for the measurements

me:the guys want to know exactly how do you measure shirts. do you use the same method explained here? http://www.blueowl.us/measurement-guide/click on jacket and tops, there are photos

Inoue: for the measurement method please wait a little more, It will start production from the second half of this week. Reports the measurement again Once we have completed all sizes

so here we are lads for now.

second that.

I'll tell Inoue but before that we need to have his price request and then I'll do my best to gather your orders.

once we know exactly how many people will pull the trigger on that we'll decide.

I'll wait for the final measurements then to make sure. (Regarding that guide, yeah that's how I measure shirts. A shirt that fits nicely and not overly slim on me is a 51cm chest (so 102cm doubled) with 43 cm shoulders - I just can't reconcile that with the chart as it is right now. I'd end up with a really baggy fit or too small shoulders.)

yeah this just confirms to me that the best thing for my body frame is getting a boxy "regular" shirt cut and then downsize (which I'll do this time again) rather than get a trim shirt cut in my size, which never works.

I have quite a collection of baggy madras and checkers 80's bd shirts by RL from the 80's, all downsized to M and they're a great fit on me.

I am sorry to hear all of your concerns re sizing on this. all I can say lads is: grow a belly!

I love the label, think it might've just pushed me over the edge with this one!

Would love to see some more pictures of the denim version once they're available, I think I'll be in once I hear the price. 

Edit - sorry NYC surfer - meant to say - your 50s jacket looks great. Super fit. Did you give it a hot wash or just a cool rinse? Enjoy!

Thanks, i did a warm soak for 30mins with lots of agitation to replicate washing w/o detergent 

not yet if you scroll back his blog you can see a few pics of the original Levi's 505 pair he's working on. should be released in December.

Edited by volvo240thebest