Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

Stupid Question of the Day!

My pair of flat heads have been washed a tonne now, probably 8-9 times since the start of the contest and it seems that nearly all the rigidity is out of the denim. Now, with that said, the bit of a wider leg opening seems to me*** look silly when I have it only cuffed once, the lower leg flaps around and bends and contorts with every step i take. This seems to be a new development since the denim has gotten so soft 

Is this something that you just live with? Am i crazy for noticing this?

I can double cuff them (which i prefer for most of my boots anyways) but it looks goofy with lots of my shoes. 

maybe you could reinforce it with a patch?

i saw once a jean/pant by either MFSC, rising sun or bybeatle that did that. looked cool

found it

mfsc-gunslinger-pantaloons-crotch418x314

Edited by Blue Nemo

Yeah that's not a bad idea nemo, I might reinforce it on the inside with some hem pieces from another pair, but I'm not sure yet.

It's mainly the cotton stitching that's starting to fray. But after a recent wash I noticed a long tear in the denim itself starting to show.

Man, man.. the Japanese artisans keep puzzling us with their elusive varieties of quality construction!

This statement is somewhere in between cynicism and stoicism.

Heads up, broark! I think a patch will get rid of these two problems for good!! And it might even look good.

Man, those action packed jeans might do the trick!

In the mean time I've been cheating on my Ooe's with my Roy's and they are coming along pretty well.

Tempted to switch this late in the competition but not sure that would be advisable or not...

Man, those action packed jeans might do the trick!

In the mean time I've been cheating on my Ooe's with my Roy's and they are coming along pretty well.

Tempted to switch this late in the competition but not sure that would be advisable or not...

If you're going to do it, I'd do it now.  Find one good pair and stick with it for 17 months, you'll be good.  

Would have to go back and look at the fit pictures, but aren't your Ooe's and Roy both a little tight in the thigh?  I'd assume that's where the wear problems are coming from with the Ooe's.   

If you're going to do it, I'd do it now.  Find one good pair and stick with it for 17 months, you'll be good.  

Would have to go back and look at the fit pictures, but aren't your Ooe's and Roy both a little tight in the thigh?  I'd assume that's where the wear problems are coming from with the Ooe's.   

Yeah, you're probably right. Now's a good a time as any to switch. I think once I get them repaired and back I'll see.

Both are a little snug in the thigh, I'd say the Roy's have a little more room there though comparatively but are a little more tapered from the knee area down.

November 2015 Update: FH 3009, 8 or 9 washes now...might hold off on them for a bit since these are rarely worn to work any more. Try to sneak them in here and there when i know i have no meetings or important things to do/people to collaborate with.  A few pics have them compared to my new RJBxFHxCOR jeans which have about 10 wears on them (to my office...nothing intense...yet) 

My mom jacket hasn't really changed much, its had maybe 7 wears since the last update...its been hot as hell in sydney and i ended up getting an Iron Heart IHSH 110 in Japan while i was there so thats been better for the Sydney evenings and work wear. Whenever the jacket gets it's next wash i'll post an update. 

Bit of editing in lightroom, tried to get them as close to life in colour as possible. 

23279384191_8afffaa764_k.jpgJeans_-1 by matt karai, on Flickr

22994041089_da7da9af7f_k.jpgJeans_-2 by matt karai, on Flickr

23335853146_6fa891f454_k.jpgJeans_-3 by matt karai, on Flickr

23362007965_d23911281c_k.jpgJeans_-4 by matt karai, on Flickr

22733653914_ff7937af30_k.jpgJeans_-5 by matt karai, on Flickr

23253689062_05c20bf61e_k.jpgJeans_-13 by matt karai, on Flickr

23066280300_ccfc14ac1b_k.jpgJeans_-14 by matt karai, on Flickr

Finally some notable wear, feels about 3 months. I am getting excited about my yearly pilgrimage to North Carolina so they will get beat up on my way up to Chimney Rock and get one nice wash after I get back.  I have a lot of catching up to do and love what I am seeing on the forums.

cENyq2R.jpg

DBrbt1K.jpg

6NbxF0A.jpg

j5yMjEX.jpg

Way too much time left in this contest to get carried away with predictions, but I think you're an early frontrunner for your category, Karanimal. Don't let those new RJBxTFH collabs get in the way!

Thanks!

They've definitely become my all time favourite pair, its hard for me to really picture how they're gonna turn out in another 16 months tho...the collabs will probably get in the way of a bit of office wear but these will always be my go to pair so im confident they'll get worn plenty. I'm more concerned about my momo 0205sp jacket at this point, i grabbed an iron heart shirt and its been seeing much more wear since i can get away with it at work 

Thanks!

They've definitely become my all time favourite pair, its hard for me to really picture how they're gonna turn out in another 16 months tho...the collabs will probably get in the way of a bit of office wear but these will always be my go to pair so im confident they'll get worn plenty. I'm more concerned about my momo 0205sp jacket at this point, i grabbed an iron heart shirt and its been seeing much more wear since i can get away with it at work 

Matt, That's exactly what i want my FH to look like except i can't wear them nearly as half as what you can =[