Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

amazing what you can get with 50 days only, especially when you compare it to the pair you wear in that picture!

seems like you're spending a lot of your time on your knees also!

amazing what you can get with 50 days only, especially when you compare it to the pair you wear in that picture!

seems like you're spending a lot of your time on your knees also!

it's crazy to think they were the color of the IH's I'm wearing only 50 days ago. and yes- I work retail and our floors are concrete so I get massive knee fades..if only I could even them out.. thanks man!

^I personally like prominent knee fades, and when the threads start to tear apart its even cooler, as it is also when you patch the damaged areas

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker of the forum (definitely not proud of that).

Entering, 3 wears into my Iron Heart 633S (21 oz) ... hope you'll have me.

Edited by trial

Quick update.. I went up to Cajas National Park with a few friends I met in my hostel.. perfect day for a hike and picnic!

image.jpg

We chose a route that wound through this valley, mostly because at over 3000 meters in altitude none of us fancied ourselves masterful endurance hikers. If you can make out the little peninsula at the far end of the lake, that was where we broke for lunch!

A little ways further down, the trail started to get quite treacherous... for my boots (this is my sad attempt at making this post denim-related). But really, there were a number of marshes and rivers to ford, full of mushrooms and cool insects. So many amazing microclimates in the ecuadorian sierras!

image.jpg

And finally, a nice color-blown panorama to finish the day.

image.jpg

I'm a bit surprised by the early blowout myself, as this pair isn't that tight on me and I usually don't have a problem with crotch blowouts either. Might've been all those miles we walked while in DC!

Your Railcar rivets should end up with a pink hue like the ones above, my Warehouse did the same thing and it's a really nice little detail.

^ I'm shocked that you have blow out so early in the game .

I ride a bike every other day and have been expecting this with my budget jeans but it's not happened and also very little colour change , so I'm plenty pleased thus far .

^nice Close-up!

I think I'll wash my pair tonight - the denim still Looks quite boring and I hope that a wash opens it up and adds a bit character. After all, WH should be a brand that will look better with frequent washing. I just fear that they loose the creases as the denim is super soft. And I definitely don't want any more shrinkage...

^nice Close-up!

I think I'll wash my pair tonight - the denim still Looks quite boring and I hope that a wash opens it up and adds a bit character. After all, WH should be a brand that will look better with frequent washing. I just fear that they loose the creases as the denim is super soft. And I definitely don't want any more shrinkage...

my Denime 66 took the 2nd wash pretty good, I don't know how this frequent washing regime affects the evo, I am curious, this is why I do it myself...

but I think somehow that we will get two decent pairs of denim, maybe not with high contrasting whiskers and honeycombs, but some awesome roping at all the chainstitched areas, traintracks and nice marbling.

and I already see some nice texture popping up ;-)

Just got my Oni's back from Railcar for a hem and taper. Very pleased with the results. Top work by the guys there and super quick turnaround.

Hemmed to a 34 inside leg and tapered to 8" leg opening from 8.25". Not a huge difference but has made them just perfect for me. For me a 8" opening means they sit just how I like them with sneakers and boots.

CJnTc6X.jpg

Still have so long to go. Don't want to have faded jeans this early imo.

we will see how this ends, results are better than opinions

oh yeah for sure. the war's not over, don't be countin' the bodies yet. i like my jeans dark as they are now, but still got to admire people who fade theirs fast. 

Quick update.. I went up to Cajas National Park with a few friends I met in my hostel.. perfect day for a hike and picnic!

We chose a route that wound through this valley, mostly because at over 3000 meters in altitude none of us fancied ourselves masterful endurance hikers. If you can make out the little peninsula at the far end of the lake, that was where we broke for lunch!

A little ways further down, the trail started to get quite treacherous... for my boots (this is my sad attempt at making this post denim-related). But really, there were a number of marshes and rivers to ford, full of mushrooms and cool insects. So many amazing microclimates in the ecuadorian sierras!

And finally, a nice color-blown panorama to finish the day.

ah, so you going with the Sugar Cane then?

I also notice people wash their jeans a lot this time round. will be interesting to see the end result.

Funny, I was thinking this earlier, a lot of people soaking and washing early this time around. The last contest seemed to have a focus for people on holding out, and not washing for as long as possible whereas now it seems to be an opposite swing.....should make for some interesting times ahead.

I went for a wash early due to my trip and all the walking, plus living in a hotter climate usually makes me lean towards washing more frequently.

I think I'll wait a bit longer for my next wash though!

ah, so you going with the Sugar Cane then?

I'm still not sure... Although I think anybody would tell me the Sugar Canes fit me far better, I've almost exclusively been wearing my Tenders for the past month. As I think I said in the brand's thread, there's something very unique about these Tenders that I've grown very attached to. As of right now, I think they're the more likely candidates, especially since I'm already resigned to being the weird guy with the big pants for the next couple years :~)

Funny, I was thinking this earlier, a lot of people soaking and washing early this time around......should make for some interesting times ahead.

I was thinking the same! Both my jeans have been washed and soaked twice already, which I thought was a bit weird till I saw how many others are on the same track! I'm really looking forward to seeing the diversity of wear that will come out in the next few months... interesting times indeed.

Edit: Here's how the Tenders fit now (most recently soaked two days ago to get the waist back down):

image.jpg

and the Sugar Canes for comparison, albeit in awful lighting:

image.jpg

Edited by chicote

Funny, I was thinking this earlier, a lot of people soaking and washing early this time around. The last contest seemed to have a focus for people on holding out, and not washing for as long as possible whereas now it seems to be an opposite swing.....should make for some interesting times ahead.

I will be going for as long as possible until the 1st wash then monthly after that. Usually works for me.