Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

I'm confused , i have no trouble posting pics here if that is what you are referring to FL , what l thought Mega was talking about was the pics to the contestant threads over at DWC forum , if you are indeed talking about over there I'm not finding any smiley faces on the page I'm looking at .

Apologies guys, but you do have to use the select file option, so your pics may well be small before you click on them. There is a way to add full size pics like some of the guys are doing but it involves taking the image source from the code on your chosen image hosting site.

The reason for this is that if every poster were allowed to upload unrestricted size images it would eat the bandwidth of the site, so you have to go through the extra click process. I get that it is annoying and the images don't look amazing unless you click on them, but it was a trade off for the contest having its own platform which was super important to me in making it so much easier to administrate and judge, plus I like that everyone gets their own thread.

Thanks for explaining that but as a tradesman and not a computer tek l now feel dumber than l was before .

Looks like my photos will be staying thumbnails !

Competing with a a single-brand denim tux?  All right dude, it's on...

Since I'm not too happy with my Samurai S510OG, I might be doing an IH tux... 

So Minnesota is pretty fickle in the spring.  The day after my ride it went from mid50s to the low 20s, this past week was teens and we got 8 inches of snow or so.  It got up to 39F today so I figured it was a good day for a riding again for 2nd wear on the jacket.

Now I love MN and the cold, but I hate being cold.  This picture is pretty much half my winter wardrobe, with being on the rode so much I don't have a lot, just need stuff that works.

So in the picture:

Heavy leather gloves, Smart wool socks, IceBreaker long johns, Minus33 long johns, Iron Heart jeans, Oakstreet Bootmakers Black Trenchboots

IceBreaker heavy wool shirt (size small, body is snug, arms are 4 inches short but it's a base layer, Minus33 turtleneck, Icebreaker wool shirt, 3sixteen hoodie, Iron Heart lined jacket, neck thing I pull over my ears, and a wool hat from SE

All this makes for comfortable riding in the 30s :)

Normally instead of the hoodie and IH jacket I wear  a Patagonia vest and then have a hard shell over a soft shell insulation jacket for outside.  Layers come on and off as tempature dictates. 

rjcFv9o.jpg

Edited by fanya

Do it Volvo, it's a bloody good excuse to get another pair of TCB 60s! Or are you thinking of picking up another brand?

^^ the more, the merrier!

Do you have any pair in mind?

I am thinking of trying something else. was intrigued to try out Porky's but their 66 model might be a bit too tight in the thighs for me. I am looking out many pairs at the moment, possibly Sugarcane 66 but there's little infos around on that model and measurements are all over the place. need to dig more on that to make a choice. and anyway I'll stay pretty much monogamous to the TCB 50's till the end of the contest, april 2016.

I'll use my IH Type I in the Tux division, just need to make firends with the forum.

YES!!!

today's the 12th Amnesty Wear.

After three initial soaks during the first week the denim is now buttersoft, though it still resists to melt nicely around my chickenlegs.

the waist hasn't moved an mm more than pre soak. i stretched the top block and and thighs a lot after the last hothothot soak cause I felt they were to slim/narrow.

i am fine with the cut/fit now though I would appreciate less hipflare.

the way i cuff em depends on what shoes i wear, just FYI it looks best with leather boots  <_<  :D

uib8xxbd.jpg

Edited by Blue Nemo

Definitely entering within the next week or so. Ive always been interested in doing a contest and this one seems like a lot of fun. Think im going to go with an american company since not many people are doing that. I think there is only a small handful that I saw on the list. Im also debating doing the tux division, id love an excuse to buy a new shirt. I basically wear the one I have now everyday!

Does raw chambray count as a denim shirt? sorry if thats a stupid question.

Edited by itschrisb

That's an interesting question, what does everyone else think about allowing raw chambray into the tux division?

I'd be happy as I have an Iron Heart raw chambray shirt with about 10 wears on it that I love, but I don't want to do it just for me.

That's an interesting question, what does everyone else think about allowing raw chambray into the tux division?

I'd be happy as I have an Iron Heart raw chambray shirt with about 10 wears on it that I love, but I don't want to do it just for me.

Well, initially I would have said, that denim only allows denim. But as indigo duck has been allowed, it's not a big step to include chambray as well. Wether there will be mch evo is another subject, so nobody should complain.

X-Post from IH thread. I need to wear this thing gently and watch the 30 days frame.

The Indigo duck is fading with intense speed. Only 4-5 days of gentle wear and I can see some lighter shades. What I like best - the inside has some awesome white neps, like snowfall. And there are plenty of nice details, that I just realized now like felled seems and lined pocketflaps.

kEaqsK9.jpg
6pji1xW.jpg
dx9yU0x.jpg
zN71Bw3.jpg
wz2T5qt.jpg
k0x0Zrr.jpg
izTvf7L.jpg
QAC3TtF.jpg
kxwU3rr.jpg

Well, initially I would have said, that denim only allows denim. But as indigo duck has been allowed, it's not a big step to include chambray as well. Wether there will be mch evo is another subject, so nobody should complain.

Hadtoo 555's IHSH-16 might disagree Max, this is the same shirt I'll be using...

image_zpsbaxxc8z4.jpg